Author Topic: A discussion about electronic music [SPLIT]  (Read 11840 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
A discussion about electronic music [SPLIT]
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2009, 02:00:58 am »
Might check out these local guys tomorrow night:

http://www.youtube.com/v/pm0v7Q5WcZY&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/v/pm0v7Q5WcZY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

dannybiscuits

« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2009, 03:29:03 am »
I just heard about this band called Tortured Soul. I am not sure if anyone has posted about them but they are the shit. It is a three piece band from New York. Drums, bass, and keys. The drummer is also the singer which is sick nasty considering how the vocals are so smooth and sensual. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C1h22Uz8uk  Despite the way this sounds it seems as though during their live shows they get down and jam.

This link is of a remix of one of their slower songs but I could not get it out of my head once I heard it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZueG-xw_v4
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:50:45 am by dannybiscuits »
I scratch my mind I think about life and stuff sometimes but shits ruff!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2009, 09:52:05 am »
I listened to some Grateful Dead from the early 80s last night... def leaning pretty heavy on some fresh midi gear. Sounded pretty wack for GD actually. Does that count as electronic music?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2009, 03:15:55 pm »
Went to see Telepath last night - thought they were great.  

Big Gigantic opened (Dominic Lalli from The Motet\'s project) and it was pretty much garbage.  Dominic is a great sax player and there were a few moments that shined when he was wailing away but most of the programmed music was terrible.

dannybiscuits

« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2009, 05:31:00 pm »
Has anyone listened to the new disco biscuits songs that were released from planet anthem? I am wondering what people think about them. You and I is alright but some of those lyrics are seriously questionable and is that magner singing? I can just picture him singing the song tongue flicking towards the ladies in the front row pointing and shit. Then there is konkrete which is cool musically but they got some sort of chris gaines (garth brooks alter ego) type ranting. I am interested to hear the complete album that they have been working on forever.

http://www.youtube.com/v/I7fM_jAmpWw&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/v/I7fM_jAmpWw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
I scratch my mind I think about life and stuff sometimes but shits ruff!

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2009, 10:18:06 pm »
Does anyone know what the best sites are to download electronic music?  some torrent sites or other sites with dj mixes?  thanks in advance...

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2009, 10:32:14 pm »
Quote from: ulee;245162
Does anyone know what the best sites are to download electronic music?  some torrent sites or other sites with dj mixes?  thanks in advance...

if you are looking for something specific try googleing for +"ARTIST" +"ALBUM TITLE" +RAPIDSHARE.

you can find almost anything that exists by doing that. but it might come back with a lot of sketchy links with spyware or viruses in the results so be cautious of what you are clicking on or downloading

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2009, 10:39:13 pm »

There are a lot of sites that cater to specific genres, like Nu-Jazz & Broken beat and have tons of streams or downloads.  Have to enter some key terms that match your interests.

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2009, 01:57:39 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;245165

There are a lot of sites that cater to specific genres, like Nu-Jazz & Broken beat and have tons of streams or downloads.  Have to enter some key terms that match your interests.

the file sharing service soul seek is about 80% electronic music...they have their own label
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2009, 03:00:12 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;245192
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;245165

the file sharing service soul seek is about 80% electronic music...they have their own label

Soul Seek is a great spot for downloads, although there are also legal sites that have legit downloads.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2009, 04:50:23 pm »
I made some music the other day utilizing some electronic equipment including a Peavey Classic 30 tube amp, a Boomerang and Boss RC-20XL looper, and a 1979 eletr(on?)ic guitar...

I think it mostly sounded like some blues/rock/jazz fusion but by virtue of the equipment used surely it must be electronic music as well?

Then again, if you have to plug it in, wouldn\'t it also be electronic music?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2009, 05:38:21 pm »
^ let\'s hear it
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2009, 06:55:45 pm »
Unfortunately last night\'s self-jam-session was not taped. I always try to make a point to fire up the recorder ... perhaps I will from now on. It wasn\'t until recently that I\'ve managed to get my chops up to where they were in the beginning of the summer before life got in the way and caused my strings to get rusty.

Anyway... some quasi-"electronic" music is up on the Astral Projections myspace page which is linked in my signature.

Check out "Last Breath of Jam", "Electronic Slinky", and "Nick Force v. Pearly Gates" for examples of some of our more electronically influenced instrumental fusion jams.

Live shows were a little different and mostly involved trying to shred our way through and jam the shit out of Dead / Phish / Breakfast covers and a few originals.

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2009, 07:24:02 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;245213
I made some music the other day utilizing some electronic equipment including a Peavey Classic 30 tube amp, a Boomerang and Boss RC-20XL looper, and a 1979 eletr(on?)ic guitar...

I think it mostly sounded like some blues/rock/jazz fusion but by virtue of the equipment used surely it must be electronic music as well?

I think we\'re referring to electronic(a), of which I\'m not exactly sure how the "a" denotes a certain style, permutation or algorithm.  Tribal music (jungle style drumming) could sort of sound like electronica, in that case, with no strings attached...
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2009, 08:30:06 pm »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;245233
Quote from: bdfreetuna;245213

I think we\'re referring to electronic(a), of which I\'m not exactly sure how the "a" denotes a certain style, permutation or algorithm.  Tribal music (jungle style drumming) could sort of sound like electronica, in that case, with no strings attached...

Which begs the question that is all my rambling ;)