Author Topic: Why do YOU think The Breakfast hasn\'t blown up yet???  (Read 5926 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Why do YOU think The Breakfast hasn\'t blown up yet???
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2006, 12:29:54 pm »
Quote from: Me!
I"m gonna say this and it\'s all I\'m gonna say.

I dont\' want the Breakfast to "blow up"  I don\'t want them to be the next UM or some band that has one big gig and then, everyone has to go see them, I want it to build with hardcore dedicated fans who come cause they love the music and th efamily.  It\'s gonna take longer no doubt but that\'s the real way to do it

If this has already been said sorry, I just didn\'t feel like reading a bunch of what I\'m assuming are mostly negative posts.

B\'Fam Fo Life

Oh so the fanbase UM has built was not done the "real way" The Tea Leaf Community was not built the "real way" B.S.

This reason is entirely selfish Chris really.

The quicker the band "blows up" the quicker they can all stop fucking around w/ day job bullshit and concentrate on the band and only the band.

The quicker they blow up the faster Ron can be a Bass Player and not /tour manager, Dobs can be a Soundguy not /production manager, Tim can be a guitar player not /grassroots contact.

This band NEEDS that one big gig to put them on the map. The fanbase will grow and it will police itself. Who cares who is coming as long as they are paying @ this point.
Besides as has been said so many times before The Breakfast is an acquired taste and those that just come to be seen WILL filter off leaving those for the music.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 12:39:03 pm »
Quote from: leith

:finger:

ok leith jump all over me, all I\'m saying is I want people coming to the shows for the right reason, no because it\'s "the thing to do" which has been the death of some scenes, (phish, you can\'t deny it with many other factors ofcourse)  Since when did you switch sides here?  that\'s what I used to say to you. (as long as they\'re paying) which I agree with. I do watn to see these cats quit their day jobs, and have a real road crew, come on you know I do think of some of the past arguments we\'ve had, I\'ve said just that, Like a few other son this thread have said, it come swith harcore touring, not ONE GIG, yes getting Bonaroo would be nice, but it\'s not the end all be all, town to town city to city........  Like AA man one day at a time.........  That\'s how it\'s gotta be done......

BTW: maybe I was outta line with the "real way" comment you know me I get excited, :biggrin:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 12:59:13 pm »
Quote from: Me!
Quote from: leith

:finger:

ok leith jump all over me, all I\'m saying is I want people coming to the shows for the right reason, no because it\'s "the thing to do" which has been the death of some scenes, (phish, you can\'t deny it with many other factors ofcourse)  Since when did you switch sides here?  that\'s what I used to say to you. (as long as they\'re paying) which I agree with. I do watn to see these cats quit their day jobs, and have a real road crew, come on you know I do think of some of the past arguments we\'ve had, I\'ve said just that, Like a few other son this thread have said, it come swith harcore touring, not ONE GIG, yes getting Bonaroo would be nice, but it\'s not the end all be all, town to town city to city........  Like AA man one day at a time.........  That\'s how it\'s gotta be done......

BTW: maybe I was outta line with the "real way" comment you know me I get excited, :biggrin:

Hey sorry if it came off like that man. See the PM on the way.
For public view: I just really believe that right now the band just needs to be seen and the proven way for a band in this scene to do this in the past 3-4 years seems to be that One Big gig. I personally think the Breakfast\'s version of this is going to be 2 or 3 fold and part of it has already happened @ 10KLF last year. I believe the better venues in the midwest are due to this and the band\'s good showing after the fest in the same market. Hopefully part 2 happens @ HSMF this year.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 01:44:01 pm »
I am all for the band getting as many people to their shows as fast as possible, for whatever reason said people wish to attend.  If the band could put a video on MTV and blow up overnight, I\'d be all for it.  The "true fans" would still get what they wanted out of a show, and more importantly, the band would be able to "pay the bills" and concentrate on the music.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 02:01:23 pm »
If you all really think the band is going to be HUGE and playing sheds as a headliner I think you need to have a talk with Tim and get his take on it.

From all of the conversations I have been privy to he always talks about using the Frank Zappa model. And that model is not a model that is conducive to making shit loads of money and blowing up over night. Frank controlled everything and thats exactly waht you are seeing and have seen from the Breakfast for better or worse.

Im sure several of us could list all tha bands that got fucked by their record compnaies, own no rights to their own music but have money laying around. I have never gotten the impression from any of the band that this was the end goal. Now many of you and I mean most of you know the band much more than I and my passing conversations with them over the years probably hold very little weight but thats the impression that I have always come away with.

my .02
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2006, 02:03:54 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s

Im sure several of us could list all tha bands that got fucked by their record compnaies, own no rights to their own music

yeah the BReakfast

I agree completly.  :thumbsup:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2006, 01:52:48 pm »
the breakfast haven\'t blown up yet cause they melt peoples faces off.  some people like their faces the way the are before the show, ya know.  
But I would say it has something to do with the vocals, their harmonies and ability to sing is fine, and the lyrics are too, but I always have a hard time picking out just what they are saying.
that and the facemelting

bonzo

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2006, 02:03:54 pm »
i think The Breakfast should try to do a Couple  of shows with phil and Friends it might make them bigger

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2006, 02:12:00 pm »
Quote from: bonzo
i think The Breakfast should try to do a Couple  of shows with phil and Friends it might make them bigger

call your connects... get it done....
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2006, 02:25:50 pm »
They should get a hold of Fishman or Page and tell them to sit-in at Nectar\'s.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

chooglincharley

• hosehead
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2006, 02:51:47 pm »
meh, again this brings up the topic of trying to break away from the poser-phish label right? I like the comment about the Phil & Friends, as for VT, i dont know how recognized they are up there, but im sure they have a crowd there already.
"Without deviation from the norm, \'progress\' is not possible" - FZ
        :wacko:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2006, 02:59:23 pm »
I meant it kind of as a joke, b/c those 2 really don\'t have anything going on right now.

I know that the crowd has been growing expotentially in VT over the last year, especially after the VT Frat house gig.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2006, 03:00:47 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
They should get a hold of Fishman or Page and tell them to sit-in at Nectar\'s.

why would we want a couple of washed up has-been\'s sitting in with the band;)
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

chooglincharley

• hosehead
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2006, 03:11:42 pm »
yay fraternities!!!! :poop:
"Without deviation from the norm, \'progress\' is not possible" - FZ
        :wacko:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2006, 03:17:12 pm »
as long as they pay and come out to the show, that\'s all that matters.