Author Topic: Bfast should DEFFINITLY play Camp Bisco  (Read 1882 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Bfast should DEFFINITLY play Camp Bisco
« on: June 05, 2006, 04:09:26 am »
at  hunter mtn.

I was there for mtn Jam this weekend and the way its set up is fuckin SER.  

with a good slot on the small stage I could see 1000+ people watching them

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 11:32:22 am »
Camp Bisco would be nice. Played Bisco Nights back in 2002

August 7th, 2002 – Bisco Nights; Tussy Mtn. Boalsburg, PA
I: Buquebus > Escher’s Etchings > Food For Thought* > Hard Luck Harry > Attraction To Shade Ditty > The Chase, May Fly Disarray
* What if the Hokey Pokey IS what its all about??
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 01:06:58 am »
biscuits are the shit

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 02:14:31 am »
i think the biscuits suck but bfast should still play camp bisco

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 02:49:14 am »
A Biscuits sit in during saaaaaaaay Buquebus? would probably fall under the EPIC category. Oh and it could probably push that song past the 30 min. mark which for me would be just amazing!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 10:08:24 am »
yeah, I like his idea.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 11:38:50 am »
It will be very interesting to see how this fest gets pulled off. I know a few people involved in putting it on so I hope all goes well.

Somehow I think it is going to not be the most inviting place for this type of crowd.

When we went to Mountain Jam I saw a lot of things by the Hunter mountain security that made me take noticed. Now I should preface this with we did not camp we had wristbands for both days but stayed in a hotel down the road so we were entering the park each day through security etc. First off the folks who work for Hunter Mountain are dicks. They made the whole experience a lot worse than it needed to be. First they would not allow us in with taping EQ we were waiting in the rain for like an hour before RobC was there even earlier and they were saying things like the promoter didn\'t want it etc (when there were already tapers set up on the hill etc) then they pointed to this guy who they said ran the festival so Kyle went over to him and was like why is there no audio taping and the was like what are you talking about? He goes over to security and tells them that Audio is fine. They then proceede to act as if they haven\'t had us all waiting in the rain for no reason.

When entering the concert they go through everything. I mean everything. they check the smallest bags they were / are looking to bust people. They pulled several kids out of the line and busted them. they are actively policing the grounds. Not just looking for dealers they were busting people simply partaking. I watched several folks get walked behind the main concert fence in plastic cuffs (On Sunday no less). I overheard them while waiting in line pointing out places on the hill where they thought they could easily observe and bust folks smoking. I was pretty surprised that they took an enforcement approach first as opposed to a safety first approach, especially considering the weather and what the grounds looked like (muddy as hell).

The Hunter Mountain Security gaurds dress exactly like state troopers. The only way to tell the difference was if you really looked at their badge you would notice it said hunter mountain no NYS or whatever. The only redeeming aspect IMHO of the venue is the lodge. Its nice to be able to use real bathrooms and sit at a real bar but other than that I saw no real good reason that this should now be the go to location for fests. Perhaps if promoters were bringing in their own personell to work Safety and the gates but I do not see that happening at Hunter Mountain. All of the folks working there appeared to be the folks you would expect to see if you were going to a shed.

Sorry for the book length rant
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 11:52:11 am »
last i checked drugs were still illegal.  not trying to be a dick, but really.

making you stand in the rain and having to deal with security not allowing taping gear is ridiculous though...there should be some entrance education for gate workers!
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 12:55:42 pm »
Quote from: sconnie4satan

yeah, but come on, this is Camp Bisco we\'re talking about.  I imagine moe.down would lose a little bit of its gleam if security was that bad there.  Festivals are all generally known for their lax atmosphere and almost lawlessness at times.  I understand Security looking to bust people w/ tanks or weight or what have you.  but if they\'re goin around grabbin anyone w/ a pipe, then thats just bullshit.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 01:06:02 pm »
^^^thanks, gregg.. I didn\'t want to be mean to Jenny, and I knew Igzy would be around to get the job done....:inky:
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 02:38:39 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
yeah, but come on, this is Camp Bisco we\'re talking about.  I imagine moe.down would lose a little bit of its gleam if security was that bad there.  Festivals are all generally known for their lax atmosphere and almost lawlessness at times.  I understand Security looking to bust people w/ tanks or weight or what have you.  but if they\'re goin around grabbin anyone w/ a pipe, then thats just bullshit.

yeah but kindm (from my undertanding of the post) wasn\'t talking about Camp Bisco...some other show or festy called Mountain Jam.  not sure what that is/was.

I would guess Camp Bisco has it\'s own security planned for the event, and would guess they are a bit more lax about certain types of activities.

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 02:45:23 pm »

making you stand in the rain and having to deal with security not allowing taping gear is ridiculous though...there should be some entrance education for gate workers!

Ok ill add more. They allowed us to bring in sealed water on Saturday. So sunday rolls around and the lady at the checkpoint says to the guy working with her. I\'m only gonna let them bring in 1 water per person. It doesn\'t say that in the rules they just decided to make it up as they go along. and OK ill give you that drugs are illegal but to actively be searching out small quantities at any festival is crazy imho. sure they can do it but I don\'t have to go to festivlas where they do and spend my money there.

Also the degree of the search upon entry was crazy. I have been searched plenty of times going in to shows and after they were done I wanted a kiss and a cigarette. Just crazy IMHO especially when it was way under attended because of the weather. Also they were very unprofessional i thought considering the cost of this "festival" was premium ($115 w/o camping)
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 02:50:26 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher

yeah but kindm (from my undertanding of the post) wasn\'t talking about Camp Bisco...some other show or festy called Mountain Jam.  not sure what that is/was.

I would guess Camp Bisco has it\'s own security planned for the event, and would guess they are a bit more lax about certain types of activities.

Actually montain jam is at Hunter Mountain where Camp Bisco will be held. Camp may have there own security for the camp grounds and etc but I would garuntee you that the main stage area and entrances will be manned by the same folks who did Mountain Jam.

They section off the campground from the main stage area kind of like bonnaroo if you have ever been. So they have security in the campgrounds etc that is different from the folks who work the "gates" and main concert area. The main area is worked by the Hunter Mountain people. I am just reporting what I saw and observed. I am pretty close with 1 of the promoters of Camp Bisco and I spoke with him at lenght at Mountain Jam and from that convo. I was under the impression that the setup and personell working the main are would be the same.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 03:21:53 pm »
Quote from: Buquebus
^^^thanks, gregg.. I didn\'t want to be mean to Jenny, and I knew Igzy would be around to get the job done....:inky:

hey, no problem.

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 03:29:24 pm »
interesting...thanks for sharing the observations. Sounds like folks need ot be careful or keep things outside of the concert area up there at Hunter!!

I know folks have lovingly referred to Wakarusa as Coparusa, Summercamp got booted from Three Sisiters Park after a (ridiculous) petition by a local doctor, and Hunter Mountain sounds like it has tight security.  I hope this trend does not continue!