Author Topic: Any Adult Swim fans?  (Read 5803 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 04:41:43 am »
waking up when I do for work adult swim is still going strong and I\'ve been watching various shows while getting ready in the morning the last few months and some of them are great. THere\'s one where it\'s this little japanese kid and his parents and his school. Pretty basic plot but the american overdubs are so foul I die watching it. Also that one with the weird little green blobs with a bunch of tentacles. I think they are suppose to be cliche rednecks. It\'s so weird but it\'s really really funny. They just started showing one with some all white (whole body like painted suite bleach white) superhero guy that is pretty nuts to. He\'s got a little brother that can\'t really speak well and is a little slow so you have this huge guy going out and killing and whatnot and then he runs back to help his brother cross the street because he\'s afraid of stepping on some ants. Then once his brother is around the ant hill, he runs back and continues killing. One of the episodes showed him and his friends all beat up in the hospital and he had a pipe through his chest but he was more concerned with his brother having a scrape on his elbow. They they found out that their insurance was no good and he had to call the company. Awesome shows. No idea what any of them are called though.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 12:31:39 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;180172
waking up when I do for work adult swim is still going strong and I\'ve been watching various shows while getting ready in the morning the last few months and some of them are great. THere\'s one where it\'s this little japanese kid and his parents and his school. Pretty basic plot but the american overdubs are so foul I die watching it.

Shin Chan
Also that one with the weird little green blobs with a bunch of tentacles. I think they are suppose to be cliche rednecks. It\'s so weird but it\'s really really funny.

Squidbillies
They just started showing one with some all white (whole body like painted suite bleach white) superhero guy that is pretty nuts to. He\'s got a little brother that can\'t really speak well and is a little slow so you have this huge guy going out and killing and whatnot and then he runs back to help his brother cross the street because he\'s afraid of stepping on some ants. Then once his brother is around the ant hill, he runs back and continues killing. One of the episodes showed him and his friends all beat up in the hospital and he had a pipe through his chest but he was more concerned with his brother having a scrape on his elbow. They they found out that their insurance was no good and he had to call the company. Awesome shows. No idea what any of them are called though.

I think this one is Frisky Dingo, and the big white guy is actually the bad guy.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 09:40:19 pm »
Quote from: Me!;180201

I think this one is Frisky Dingo, and the big white guy is actually the bad guy.

Never trust Whitey!
Masturbation in the MFA

solver

• the moon rulz
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 11:17:55 pm »
They just started showing one with some all white (whole body like painted suite bleach white) superhero guy that is pretty nuts to. He\'s got a little brother that can\'t really speak well and is a little slow so you have this huge guy going out and killing and whatnot and then he runs back to help his brother cross the street because he\'s afraid of stepping on some ants. Then once his brother is around the ant hill, he runs back and continues killing. One of the episodes showed him and his friends all beat up in the hospital and he had a pipe through his chest but he was more concerned with his brother having a scrape on his elbow. They they found out that their insurance was no good and he had to call the company. Awesome shows. No idea what any of them are called though.

^^^ yeah, frisky dingo, severely underrated because you have to watch one episode after the other to get the bigger plot. yeah, that dude\'s the bad dude, the little guy is his son, and he does talk, but really low, and if you listen closely he comes out with some of the funniest shit.
skibbiddybopadoobaddydooPOW!POW! [bang!]

ChiefBennyhaha

• dancing guy
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 12:47:33 am »
Boondocks is where it\'s at.

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 09:33:08 am »
Quote from: ChiefBennyhaha;180256

do the hommieeeee

Me!

• life got in the way
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 05:17:36 pm »
Quote from: ChiefBennyhaha;180256

Love me some Boondocks.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 06:33:40 am »
boondocks was on when I woke up this morning. R Kelly video court case. I was dying. The cut away shots they do of huey looking at you in deadpan disbelief gets me every time.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Meehowski

Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 03:53:50 pm »
ATH, Tim and Eric, Robot Chicken!!
MEEHOWSKI

Me!

• life got in the way
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 11:33:23 pm »
I can\'t stand any of the shows Tim and Eric are involved in.  they really annoy me, can\'t even sit through a full episode, and I think Tom goes to the mayor was only 15 min.

tyzack

• http://
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 07:59:29 am »
I watch it whenever i get a chance, though normally it\'s only because it\'s on before their 12-2am animie run.

...its a guilty pleasure.

i can\'t stand ATF, i don\'t know why, but i\'ve never gotten into it.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 09:17:19 am »
Quote from: Me!;180587
I can\'t stand any of the shows Tim and Eric are involved in.  they really annoy me, can\'t even sit through a full episode,

+1

ChiefBennyhaha

• dancing guy
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 05:28:23 pm »
I don\'t know what drugs  they\'re on but it\'s some wierd shit. I\'m thinking like horse tranqs and pcp mixed and shot into the eyeballs

Me!

• life got in the way
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 03:54:06 am »
yet another opportunity to resurrect this thread.

Anyone on here a fan of Morel Orel?  The first two seasons were really funny, and also lighthearted, which considering the subject matter is impressive.  They just started season 3 and man has this show taken a turn.  It\'s gotten downright depressing.  Still funny in its own way, but so different.  Apparantly Cartoon Network canceled it because of this new dark overtones.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:00:23 am by Me! »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Any Adult Swim fans?
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 08:32:15 am »
I saw Morel Orel a couple of times and never really got into it.

Had some funnies but nothing ever hooked me.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.