Author Topic: The Beatles: \'Heavy\' (New CD Rumor)  (Read 480 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
The Beatles: \'Heavy\' (New CD Rumor)
« on: January 09, 2006, 06:51:24 am »
PAUL McCARTNEY RUMORED TO BE WORKING ON NEW BEATLES \'HEAVY\' COLLECTION

Jan 4, 2006

By: Howie Edelson

Will there be new Beatles music in 2006? Some Internet chatter says Paul McCartney is supervising a new compilation called The Beatles: HEAVY, featuring latter-day harder-edged songs, such as "I Want You (She\'s So Heavy)," "I\'ve Got A Feeling," and "Birthday," that the band included on their later albums, The White Album, Let It Be, and Abbey Road.

It\'s also being said that the disc will include at least one previously unreleased Beatles song. Although no titles were given, many are assuming that the tune in question is the infamous 27-minute version of "Helter Skelter" that has been languishing in the vaults since 1968, and is considered by many to be the "holy grail" of Beatles outtakes.

Another White Album-era recording, called "Sour Milk Sea," written by George Harrison, is also rumored to be a contender for the still unannounced album. It features McCartney, Harrison, Ringo Starr, keyboardist Nicky Hopkins, and Eric Clapton, and was recorded and released by Apple artist Jackie Lomax. It\'s rumored that if a version with Harrison on lead vocals were located, it could appear on the new album.

A spokesperson for the Beatles\'record company, Apple, told us that he was unaware of any release plans for this year.

Industry insiders told us that the rumored album may include special 5.1 stereo mixes done in 1998 under the supervision of the Beatles\'chief engineer Geoff Emerick.

In 1976, as a follow-up to the group\'s hit double compilations The Beatles 1962/1966 and The Beatles 1967/1970, the group\'s label Capitol/EMI released a double-record collection called Rock \'N\'Roll Music, showcasing the group\'s heavier side. The compilation included "Got To Get You Into My Life" from the group\'s 1966 Revolver album, which was never released as a single in the \'60s, but hit Number Seven in the Spring of 1976. The release was kept out of the Number One slot by Paul McCartney amp; Wings\'Wings At The Speed Of Sound album.

The Beatles\'last official release -- and the last approved by the late George Harrison -- was 2003\'s Let It Be ... Naked. That album, which features stripped down remixes of key tracks from the group\'s January 1969 sessions, peaked at Number Five on the charts.

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 12:00:18 pm »
"the infamous 27-minute version of "Helter Skelter" - now that got my attention. :drool:
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 12:53:26 pm »
I think I have that helter skelter (or part of it)... I pulled a copy off something called "Beatles flood" of traders den months ago. It\'s 8 DVDs in length of all beatles studio outtakes and concert preformances. Either way, that would def be a purchase if they released it. :thumbsup:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 04:24:35 pm »
oink has tons of crazy beatles shit..
i actually been grabbin alot of shit
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set