Author Topic: New season of The Family Guy  (Read 7702 times)

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
New season of The Family Guy
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 03:58:03 pm »
that was one of the funniest opening scene\'s ever
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 06:18:49 pm »
indeed - in fact, the entire episode was quite satisfying !  glad i waited it out until yesterday to watch :D
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 06:23:39 pm »
I used to be down down down on this show and couldnt have been happier that it was cancelled....however about 6 months ago a sweet yet crazy girl named lisa trey let me borrow seasons 1 and 2 and i must admit i was hooked by the time the first episode was half over......

I guess I was being one of those over critical snob ass Simpson elite douchebags.....

Glad I opened my mind a bit.  Because last night was HIGHlarious...saw some great recaps in the previous posts....I especially loved the GIJoe "Knowing Is Half The Battle" little interlude....classic.....

American Dad is not gonna make it having to follow the constant hilarity of the Family Guy.....although the American Dad last night was definately 100% better than the sneak preview they showed after the stupor bowl....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2005, 07:26:43 pm »
pffffft to american dad - just can\'t get into that show... it seems way too much like family guy with all the same basic characters, just slightly modified... im just not impressed. :(
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2005, 07:32:05 pm »
CBS got a strong showing from a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie Sunday, and "Family Guy" returned to FOX with some decent numbers, but they weren\'t enough to overtake ABC.

ABC averaged a 10.7 rating/17 share for the night, topping the 9.5/15 for CBS. NBC took third in households at 6.0/10, although FOX, 5.3/9, had more total viewers (9.31 million to 9.12 million for NBC). The WB trailed with a 1.7/3.

Among adults 18-49, ABC\'s 7.4 rating led the way. FOX was at 4.5, its best performance in some time. CBS averaged 3.0, NBC 2.8 and The WB 1.2.

CBS won the 7 p.m. hour handily with "60 Minutes," 7.9/14. The first half of a two-hour "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" averaged 5.6/10 for ABC, a little better than NBC\'s "Dateline," 5.4/10 FOX was fourth with "King of the Hill," 3.6/7, and "Malcolm in the Middle," 4.0/7. The WB went with a repeat of "Charmed."

"Cold Case," 10.2/16, kept CBS in the lead at 8 p.m., although "Home Edition" made it close with a 9.5/15 for the hour. The 350th and 351st (or 351st and 352nd, depending on who\'s counting) episodes of "The Simpsons" averaged 6.4/10 for FOX, dropping NBC\'s "The Contender" to fourth. A new "Charmed" posted a 2.3/4 for The WB.

ABC took over at 9 p.m. with "Desperate Housewives," the most-watched show of the night at 15.8/23. CBS fell one spot to second with the movie "Riding the Bus with My Sister," 9.3/14. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" scored a 7.3/11 for NBC. "Family Guy" returned with a fairly healthy 6.3/9 for FOX, although "American Dad," 5.3/8, didn\'t hold up quite as well. "Steve Harvey\'s Big Time" brought up the rear for The WB.

"Grey\'s Anatomy," 11.7/19, held onto ABC\'s lead at 10 p.m. CBS\' movie improved to 10.4/17, and NBC\'s "Crossing Jordan" came in at 7.4/12.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 09:21:13 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
I used to be down down down on this show and couldnt have been happier that it was cancelled....however about 6 months ago a sweet yet crazy girl named lisa trey let me borrow seasons 1 and 2 and i must admit i was hooked by the time the first episode was half over......

that sounds like a smart girl.  the simpsons jumped the shark years ago, family guy is illest.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2005, 07:30:38 am »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2005, 12:06:34 pm »
best show on tv right now, behind the Simpsons...
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 12:19:18 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
best show on tv right now, behind the Simpsons...

For me it goes:
1 Simpsons
2 South Park
3 Family Guy/Daily Show

Quote from: Igziabeher

the simpsons jumped the shark years ago, family guy is illest.

yeah thats why its in its 16th season...POOOlease... the only thing that jumped the shark years ago is the phrase "______ jumped the shark"
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 12:29:29 pm »
As the audience for the Simpsons are now in there mid 20\'s we all seem to have changed our childish sense of humor. The Simpsons are the best written TV show ever. The never seem to amaze me with their wit.

Familiy Guy, I love because of its power to disregard the well being of anything or anyone. When it first came out, I remember telling people to watch out for it because it is raw. There are a few episodes that are pretty close to being banned. It came out at the wrong time when it first aired. It was truelly ahead of its time.

Southpark- I occassionally watch. We didn\'t get Comdey Central in Wallyworld until I was already to past the age of having another animated love. I think what those guys do is very cutting edge and I enjoy watching them make fun of EVERYTHING!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 12:33:37 pm »
yeah thats why its in its 16th season...POOOlease... the only thing that jumped the shark years ago is the phrase "______ jumped the shark"

http://www.jumptheshark.com/s/simpsons.htm

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 12:38:29 pm »
interesting  :link:

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 02:07:23 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

http://www.jumptheshark.com/s/simpsons.htm

I would say the wopping 1,500+ "never jumped" votes is pretty convincing that the shark has never been jumped by the simpsons...save Lance Murdock...and he was mauled by the aqua-lion.....

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 03:04:38 pm »
never jumped ship and never will...

The Simpsons rule foreva, foreva, foreva!!!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 03:10:46 pm »
"we\'re gonna keep on rocking FOREVER...FOREVEr...FOREVer...FOREver...FORever...FOrever...Forever...forever..."