Author Topic: Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 14667 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 08:22:45 am »
Quote from: Yoda;260245
Quote from: galenas;260164
Quote from: DiG728;260163
What time can we expect the Breakfast to be going on?

10:30 p.m. Could I possibly grab a ride up with you guys?

With 3 openers and Toads never on schedule, I wouldn\'t expect TB to take the stage before 11...

with ZERO openers I would still not expect to take the stage until 11pm...if this were a Friday/Saturday night.

on a thursday with curfew being btwn 12:30 and 1 I expect them to go on a little earlier (hopefully)
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 08:54:05 am »
Quote from: NickNels;260246

With 3 openers and Toads never on schedule, I wouldn\'t expect TB to take the stage before 11...

with ZERO openers I would still not expect to take the stage until 11pm...if this were a Friday/Saturday night.

on a thursday with curfew being btwn 12:30 and 1 I expect them to go on a little earlier (hopefully)

Openers never go on at show start, so assume that the first opener goes on at 9... And assume that each opener gets 1/2 hour to 45 minute that brings you to about 11 as long as they all use the same drum kit and amps...  Booking 3 openers on a Thursday nights says a couple things, but mainly it says that Toads feels that they need to add to the bill to get heads in the door and they don\'t have faith that the headliner will draw...  TB will get 1-1/2 set at most...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 09:45:52 am »
Quote from: Yoda;260247

Openers never go on at show start, so assume that the first opener goes on at 9... And assume that each opener gets 1/2 hour to 45 minute that brings you to about 11 as long as they all use the same drum kit and amps...  Booking 3 openers on a Thursday nights says a couple things, but mainly it says that Toads feels that they need to add to the bill to get heads in the door and they don\'t have faith that the headliner will draw...  TB will get 1-1/2 set at most...

I would rather them play 1 long set that starts @ 11pm then try to do 2 sets that start @ 10:30pm.  I enjoy a good setbreak as much as the next guy, but often times a late start and a 30-45min setbreak = 45 minute second set.

I\'m sure the Breakfast is well aware of the timing and will do their best to get in as much music as possible.  Yoda, as usual this does not concern you as it means you would actually have to go to a show first
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 09:52:59 am »
Set I: Jam> Rufus> curfew

just kidding, these guys can fit a lot of music into a tiny space, be it physical or temporal.  I agree with Nels, one heavy duty set from 11-close
♥♫∞

heynow592

• Breathe In Breathe Out
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 12:48:30 pm »
if my math is right, that is only one hour and half - yikes

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 02:41:19 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;260248
Quote from: Yoda;260247

I would rather them play 1 long set that starts @ 11pm then try to do 2 sets that start @ 10:30pm.  I enjoy a good setbreak as much as the next guy, but often times a late start and a 30-45min setbreak = 45 minute second set.

I\'m sure the Breakfast is well aware of the timing and will do their best to get in as much music as possible.  Yoda, as usual this does not concern you as it means you would actually have to go to a show first

Logistically, it only makes sense to play one long set when you headlining with 3 openers...  As for it not concerning me, that\'s your opinion... One doesn\'t have to be in close proximity or go to a ton of shows to see what\'s going on...  That being said, I\'ve been to more shows than you\'d believe...  I always thought that TB would be the next Max Creek, but no longer... TB may not go away, but their fanbase has dwindled to a few dozen hard-core fans in CT, Mass and update NY...  My prediction is that in less than 5 years, there will be another member change and we\'ll be talking about backing KF instead...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 02:51:25 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;260255
My prediction is that in less than 5 years, there will be another member change and we\'ll be talking about backing KF instead...

really going out on a limb there DBlock......

And for the record Flounder, I would venture a guess that Yoda has been to at least twice as many breakfast shows as you, not that show count matters or anything...just sayin thats all....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 03:39:32 pm »
I gotta agree here, I think the Fu is a far more marketable band.  It is a \'super group\' so the draw is five fold.  The management team is A+.  Logical goals have been set forth and the process is working.  Kung Fu should go somewhere.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2010, 04:01:52 pm »
Quote from: krispy;260257
I gotta agree here, I think the Fu is a far more marketable band.  It is a \'super group\' so the draw is five fold.  The management team is A+.  Logical goals have been set forth and the process is working.  Kung Fu should go somewhere.

They\'re a talented group, but let\'s put the term Super Group back in the drawer....  It\'s not like they\'re Blind Faith...

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2010, 04:15:59 pm »
we\'ll each member has their own fan base.  Together they have a bigger fanbase.  Thus, supergroup.  It\'s not like a tim side project, or a stoops gig, they really draw.  Sometimes even better than their respective "main" gigs.  Could the Breakfast really sell out Stella\'s five weeks in a row?  once yes, twice maybe, but for over a month, I doubt it.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 04:46:06 pm »
Quote from: krispy;260260
we\'ll each member has their own fan base.  Together they have a bigger fanbase.  Thus, supergroup.  It\'s not like a tim side project, or a stoops gig, they really draw.  Sometimes even better than their respective "main" gigs.  Could the Breakfast really sell out Stella\'s five weeks in a row?  once yes, twice maybe, but for over a month, I doubt it.

I\'m not knocking the talent, but Stella\'s is a bar with probably a capacity of 200, not really hard to break if you\'ve got somewhat of a following...

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 04:53:47 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;260259

They\'re a talented group, but let\'s put the term Super Group back in the drawer....  It\'s not like they\'re Blind Faith...

as far as the northeast goes, the fu is a super group.....its not like 1970 anymore
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2010, 04:59:21 pm »
^^that

spance

• ride
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2010, 05:02:06 pm »
:bandoggy:
I\'m gonna break the speed of sound with my silver bullet!!

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 05:10:11 pm »
buttsecks?