Author Topic: Setlist: 2004-12-10 - The Call; Providence, RI  (Read 5879 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2004-12-10 - The Call; Providence, RI
« on: December 11, 2004, 04:13:05 am »
I: Beef Barley, LDZ > Dig, jam > Gravity > Cinnamon Girl, The Chase, Inner Glimpse, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)

II: No Regret > Doughboy > See The Light* > Score, Scarlet Begonias, No Glove No Love, Fairy, Gladys Pimp & Kangaroos With Me** > jam > Son Of Simpleton

E: Jumpin\' Jack Flash

Code: [Select]
[i] * inverted.
** with \'Stash\' (Phish) teases/jam.[/i]

Ron, Jordan, and Adrian sat in with the opening band, Catalpa on their set closer, \'Fire On The Mountain\'.

Episode 2 + Set 2 = :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

and Sweaty Tour \'04 drips on.....

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 10:45:09 am »
ser place,ser show..thanks to the boys for not playing the living room.this place was cool,and the band was definately on last niight...unreal gravity(as always),and the ep2 really gave the ep2 from sullys a run for its money...mvp trophie goes to the animal for once again impressing the schnot outa me..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 10:51:23 am »
oh yea i forgot to mention...:asskicked:awwyeah::banana::banghead:beer:D:slap::blah::blinky::boat::bomb::bounce1::bounce2::bounce3::bounce4::bounce5::bounce6::bounce7::bounce8::bowser::cartman::chin::chug::yay::clyde::confused::cool::doh::dance1::dance2::disco::dj::drool::duck::emp::fart::finger::flag::guitar::gulp::
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

helluvahat

• I Like Dirt
Are you fucking kidding me?!?!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 10:51:29 am »
First of all I got incredibly lost in providence after a horrible drive in the rain by myself!!  Mapquest said a slight left off the exit when it was most definitely a SER left!!  crazy....but anyway, I was in an awful mood when I got to the venue.  Monster magic hat #9\'s for $6 made me happier and then the music....

Good first set.....good energy.....thought Ronnie sounded awesome in a great Beef Barley.  Mooboo\'s Voodoo.....fuckin\' SER!!

Second set was like out of a dream for me!  3 of my top 5 songs....doughboy, no regret, and SIMPLETON!!!!  Fairy is missing from the set list, Dave, b/c I remember about breaking my neck jumping around to it.  Definitely one of the best sets I\'ve ever heard song wise.....just insane!!!  Gladys Pimp....awesome!  See the Light....awesome!  This set will definitely leave a smile on my face for the rest of the weekend!  Thanks guys!!

Hope everyone got back safe!  I benefitted from a nice nap in Clinton  :)
Play some Weezer!!!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 10:55:42 am »
oh shit that\'s right.. where was fariy? i wanna say right before gladys...

helluvahat

• I Like Dirt
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 11:03:36 am »
Originally posted by davepeck
oh shit that\'s right.. where was fariy? i wanna say right before gladys...

sounds right, but you might want to wait for some verification from someone else....
Play some Weezer!!!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 11:08:44 am »
verified (had a bright idea of actually listening to it! go figure!)..

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 12:12:37 pm »
Anyways, back to last night\'s show, like said before Gravity and Mooboo\'s were sick.  I was pumped to hear that Score that I\'ve been wanting since last Saturday, and holy Gladys Pimp batman, I fail to remember the Stash teases that were noted, but they were definitely jamming on Cumberland Blues for a little while in there as well.  I was pleased by the turnout at the Call, hopefully the band was as well, so they can get their asses back there ASAP.  For a good while right before the Breakfast started, it seemed like everyone who walked in the door, I knew someway or another.  I couldn\'t turn around at some point w/o having to talk to someone I haven\'t seen in a while.  I also hate bringing other people(person) with me and feeling responsible for paying attention to them somewhat.  Luckily she had no problem making herself right at home w/o you brekkies(lol, thats such a stupid name), which is key because she became a damper on my wallet real quick.  I really oughtta stop talking before I go and incriminate myself, but fun times, great seeing you all, yadda yadda yadda.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 12:46:40 pm by Igziabeher »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 12:29:33 pm »
just to keep things on topic, the setlist debate has been parsed out and moved to the scheme.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 12:39:16 pm »
now to the untrained eye, the first half of my post doesn\'t make any sense when compared to the rest of the posts.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 12:40:36 pm »
yeah, i was torn on what to do with your post, iggy.. edit out the 1st half and paste it into the other thread (i don\'t have those kind of powers...) :)

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004, 12:40:37 pm »
looks like a new fun joint to pack in Providence..hope to make it next time. Breakfast are still, believe it or not, trying to get people into the music before they try to get people to go on tour with them and are not catering to only a jamband crowd but hopefully a more general crowd of people that like jamming as well as good songs. Everytime i hear \'Doughboy\' i think its pretty crazy..hell of a song that doesnt need a jam. Tim shreds that solo up and thats all u need...im not gonna expect a 14 minute Doughboy because it has so much energy off the bat. Breakfast will never get \'stagnant\'

Mike...i gotta put No Regret in my top 5 songs i think too. Helluvasong
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 12:42:41 pm by DocEllis70 »
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Re: Are you fucking kidding me?!?!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2004, 12:44:24 pm »
Originally posted by helluvahat
First of all I got incredibly lost in providence after a horrible drive in the rain by myself!!  

Second set was like out of a dream for me!   :)

Providence can be tough for parking and driving.  

Once the No Regret>Doughboy opened set 2, I knew it was going to be good.  Great Set.  

Good to see so many people making the trek to Providence.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2004, 01:32:21 pm »
The Call is a great spot for a show.  The place has a great flow to it from when you walk in to when you go up to the bar.  I love the fact that the floor infront of the stage is sunken down and the remains the height of the bar floor. This provides a great view of the band from just about everywhere in the place....

Beef Barley as an opener really pulled the people into the show from jumpstreet last night.
The LDZ was hard, clear, and rocking.  By this time I knew that the breakfast were clicking on all cylinders and then some.  At every breakfast show I have been to, there is always a point in the show where it marks it for me as "better than the last show I saw"  The jam>Gravity and then the Gravity Jam was that mark.  Creative, fluid, interesting, and just plain sick.  
I was never a huge fan of the the breakfasts version of cinnamon girl.  I may have seen it once or twice, but last night the cinnamon girl out of gravity was amazing.  the music and vocals were tight as all git down.  Definately benefited from following out of that Gravity.
The Chase and Inner Glimpse were well but pailed in comparison to what they followed, and for that matter proceeded.  Episode 2 last night definately gives the sullys a run for its money.  I cant wait to hear this show again.  I couldnt believe what my ears were hearing at times....

I was hoping for a 2 set show.  What better way to start off a second set than with your 2 new fan favorites.  No Regret and Doughboy are great songs that need to be played.  Not to go off on a tangent related to Walshys post that i glared over quick before posting here.
The inverted See The Light was great.  Here is another missed opportunity for the band to break a song up in a set.   Regardless it was tight and had a feeling of space that I have never gotten from that tune before.  Then > Score which is, in my opinion, one of the funkiest breakfast tunes ever.  Save Spears (my MVP) just beating out Timmy by a nose, was throwing it down all night and didnt miss a beat on Score.
The Scarlet Begonias was necessary for them to do after all but Timmy sitting in with the opening band on Fire On The Mountain.  
As for No Glove No Love.  The lyrics of the tune should be dropped and the song renamed Wah Wah Wah Wah.  Done and Done...
I have heard some people, in talking about the breakfast, say that they are a tallented band but all their stuff sounds pretty much the same.  To those people I tell them to check out Fairy.  What a rocking tune that is not just all out speed.  
Wah, I told you I heard Stash teses in the Gladys Pimp.  And What a GPATKWM it was.  Had me dancing hard througout.  The jam>Son Of Simpleton was definately a shout to Mikey who had missed a few shows of late where the band just ripped up all of his favorites.  Personally I think every breakfast show should start or end with Son of Simpleton.
The Jumping Jack Flash is a great cover for these guys to keep in their repatoir and a great way to send us off into the rainy night.  All in all, it was an amazing time, and it was great to see everyone that made the trip....  

As I mentioned, for me, the MVP was Save Spears who just squeaked passed Timmy.  I think that MVP is based on which band memeber you watch most.   Because Animal was tucked away in the back, I couldnt really get a good shot at him.  I was Jordan side for a while right under the organ and it was SICK.  Then for the rest of the night I was all over Save and Timmy.  But when it was all said and done, my eyes were on Save throwin it and holdin it down......

Todd, thanks for the ride....I must have been a drooling freak of a mess on the way home.  All I remember is getting into the truck, and waking up in Staven.......

Sweaty Tour 04 continues for me, NOT TONIGHT.  Tonight I am taking a well deserved night off and doing anything but going to Southport Brewing Company for The Smokin Boomers show.  I am sure it will be sick, epic, and legendary, but I GOTTA SAVE IT UP FOR SUNDAY NIGHT TIMMY TOUR 04 at the Acoustic Cafe...........

this post is posted upon completion and not checked for grammar, spelling, or continuity....good luck....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
Re: Setlist: 12/10/04 - The Call; Providence, RI
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2004, 03:59:12 pm »
Originally posted by davepeck
Episode 2 + Set 2 = :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

and Sweaty Tour \'04 drips on.....

Wow!  What an awesome show! Beef Barley set the night off on a fun & lively beat... Thanks to the boys for helping me learn the names of the songs as they played!  My faves are Ep2, Gladys Pimp & Kangaroos, and the encore "JJF."  Ronnie was amazing, but my MVP goes to Timmy for his great guilt trips about quitting smoking b4 the show! :lol: It was great seeing so many serheads & meeting new ones!  
The Zurfluence was definitely in effect last night  
...especially @ the end of Set II, when Mike, Al, & Dave tore up the dance floor
I\'m soooo exhausted - after getting in @ 4 am & taking a quick nap, i need to save up energy for tonight in Southport...
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]