Author Topic: BT: 2008-01-11 Sully\'s; Hartford, CT (FLAC16 + MP3 sendspace links)  (Read 4240 times)

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
BT: 2008-01-11 Sully\'s; Hartford, CT (FLAC16 + MP3 sendspace links)
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2008, 07:09:08 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;176848
Anyone experience any oddities in the recording?  I know someone noted it was a bit bassy... but I seem to be getting distortions here and there throughout the entire show.  Is it on the master as well... or is there something just Fncked with my computer?

Sounds pretty damn good to me, though there does seem to be some very slight distortions in Tim\'s vocal mike eg in Sex Machine at 08:20 - fault of the PA, not the recording - and it\'s not too off-putting.

Thanks again, Chris for the recording and to the band, you definitely seem to have found a worthy successor to Ron. Am going to enjoy this in the car over the next few days (only place where I can crank it up these days).

BTW, love sulldc\'s comment on etree:

"Excellent recording, excellent show....except for the fucking asshole whistling every 2 seconds throughout every fucking song. Someone should have punched that kid in the face... he was obnoxious during the show while i was standing next to him and now he haunts me on these recordings.... he just wont stop... does he think he\'s part of the band? My ears are fucking killing me. So anoying..."

Do we have anyone owning up? ;)
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 07:49:05 pm »
Haha, its like clockwork that some discussion of the "Mad Whistler" cough cough Gencs comes up about ever 6 months or so.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 10:32:17 pm »
Quote from: boombox;176852
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;176848
Anyone experience any oddities in the recording?  I know someone noted it was a bit bassy... but I seem to be getting distortions here and there throughout the entire show.  Is it on the master as well... or is there something just Fncked with my computer?

Sounds pretty damn good to me, though there does seem to be some very slight distortions in Tim\'s vocal mike eg in Sex Machine at 08:20 - fault of the PA, not the recording - and it\'s not too off-putting.

Thanks again, Chris for the recording and to the band, you definitely seem to have found a worthy successor to Ron. Am going to enjoy this in the car over the next few days (only place where I can crank it up these days).

BTW, love sulldc\'s comment on etree:

"Excellent recording, excellent show....except for the fucking asshole whistling every 2 seconds throughout every fucking song. Someone should have punched that kid in the face... he was obnoxious during the show while i was standing next to him and now he haunts me on these recordings.... he just wont stop... does he think he\'s part of the band? My ears are fucking killing me. So anoying..."

Do we have anyone owning up? ;)

haha who was the person who kept yelling "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" in the beginning drumming park to TGSOT?

about the distortions in the recording...i did hear them at points but i totally forgot what song(s) it was on. ill have another listen.
DS Newbers

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 10:39:17 pm »
Quote from: delfunk1;176855
Haha, its like clockwork that some discussion of the "Mad Whistler" cough cough Gencs comes up about ever 6 months or so.

lexington = the newest member of the Whistler\'s Club ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

ChrisF

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2008, 03:05:57 am »
Quote from: ds673488;176870

about the distortions in the recording...i did hear them at points but i totally forgot what song(s) it was on. ill have another listen.

i think i have a bad optical cable. i heard some distortion over tims voice when he was talking between songs but i didnt hear anything during the music. i didnt listen to the whole entire recording though

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 08:21:17 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;176872
Quote from: delfunk1;176855

lexington = the newest member of the Whistler\'s Club ;)

yeah, i was gonna say, i wasn\'t there, but those certainly aren\'t gencswhistles. sounded more like taintwhistles to me. they\'re excessive to say the least.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2008, 11:29:04 am »
so is it safe to say that the bass levels are a good representation of what they were at the show?  

To me they don\'t sound too high or distorted.

Just SUPER full and hot and tasty like they should be.

D-Man and dobs are a match made in heaven.

No?

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2008, 02:40:15 pm »
Quote from: Klout;176901

No?

^^^grrrrrrrrr!

Hmm I did not remember the "yeeeeeaahh, stephen geeenncs" during the quiet buildup part of TGSOT.  interesting touch.
Recording sounds great, and the sendspace links are very easy to use, thank you!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 02:40:15 pm by ulee »

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2008, 04:45:29 pm »
Quote from: ulee;176909
Quote from: Klout;176901

No?

^^^grrrrrrrrr!

Hmm I did not remember the "yeeeeeaahh, stephen geeenncs" during the quiet buildup part of TGSOT.  interesting touch.
Recording sounds great, and the sendspace links are very easy to use, thank you!

you know I\'m talkin bout ules ;)

I actually almost put that same comment about tgsot in my last post too

sounded like "wheeeerreeeesss steeeeeveeen geeeeennncs" to me.

annoying but somehow endearing as well.

but really I think its time to start to start making a conscious effort to limit the mid song fan chatter and bring back the hilarious tpalms stage banter which has been severely lacking!

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 05:29:27 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;176875

i think i have a bad optical cable. i heard some distortion over tims voice when he was talking between songs but i didnt hear anything during the music. i didnt listen to the whole entire recording though

There is also some pretty evil distortion in Scheme, but that didn\'t stop me grinning from ear to ear listening to it!
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2008, 05:47:57 pm »
d-man fuckin owns rufus. top notch version. unreal.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2008, 05:54:55 pm »
Quote from: boombox;176954
Quote from: ChrisF;176875

There is also some pretty evil distortion in Scheme, but that didn\'t stop me grinning from ear to ear listening to it!

i definitely heard some glitches all over scheme today when i was listening. didn\'t hear it in anything else though. also didn\'t have the volume up too high..

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2008, 06:25:45 pm »
whatever,
this shit is crisp...
whos on the board dobbs?
sounds like dobbs sound and/or they were tryin to push the bass levels for chris\' first show..
could use a little key levels, but that\'s IT.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 06:43:59 pm by Ant-Man »
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

UpInTimmy'sGrill

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 03:04:05 pm »
I heard "the Whistler" is alive and well.  I think I saw him at the Daniel Street show.
I would have to admit ..."he was marvelous!"

davepeck

• Administrator