Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-08-20 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT  (Read 53900 times)

Kevin Weber

• Breakfast 24/7
    • http://
Setlist: 2005-08-20 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2005, 11:25:26 pm »
Thanks everyone for the info.  I appreciate it.  I\'ll give a shout if it doesn\'t work out for me.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2005, 11:49:28 pm »
lots to take in after the past 2 nights. vocals were awesome for both nights. jordans bluesy Morrison was cool and Ron deffinatley tackled Sgt Pep\'s high mccartney parts better than i expected. balloons added a nice touch and it was great to hang with the crew. Leith...very cool to hang with ya and watch u meet all these inforumers and see the band throw it down like they did.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2005, 12:04:14 am »
Quote from: Wolfman
Quote from: ChrisPitch
It was 5:45 am at Todd\'s and we had just completed a game of darts (Me and Tim, Team Pasta, vs. Seth and Jed, Team Matza). We lost a close decision to the Matza Boys, after which we danced like fucking maniacs and sang to some Seth-led Hebrew number.

Yeah, the show was great, blah blah blah.  Forget the show, it was nothing compared to the epic multi-national dart showdown.

There was literally rotfl when the game was paused when Jed, audiofile, mamalakabubadaya and I all danced the hora.  When Jed hit the winning bullseye, I launched into a ser kosher wegwich of Sivivon Mazel Tov > I Have A Little Dreidel > Hava Negilah > Wherever You Go There\'s Always Someone Jewish.  Good lord.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2005, 12:39:29 am »
KWEBB!!!!!
sup.
if you use nero as your burning program theres a plugin which automatically converts flac>wav
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2005, 09:24:23 am »
Quote from: Dyed_Tie
Quote from:

Whatta weekend.  Stony Creek and the Puppethouse are amazing!!!  Beers, Bowls, Booze, and Brekkies as far as the eye could see.  I was beat after the first night, I can\'t imagine how the guys felt and they totally blew the roof (not to mention several others in the vicinity) off that place.  I don\'t think I\'ve ever seen so much energy in one room. I was completely floored by these two shows.  And Food for Fucking Thought!!!!!  I have never witnessed anything like that in my life.  I just want to thank the band for putting on such a great show and really giving it their all, they left everything up there on that stage.  We\'re all so lucky that there is a band like The Breakfast even in existence, so much talent, dedication to music, and the ability to melt your face off.  I have been hopelessly hooked on this band for sometime now and they never fail to take the music to an entirely different plane.  They did even more than that this weekend.  Eventhough I made my best attempt to do so, there are no words in the English language that could do these performances justice, and there was no other place on Earth that could have compared to what we experienced over the past weekend.  Can I get a confirmed?

P.S. Greg and Dobbs, great job on the balcony.  The lights and sound were spectacular.
confirmage.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2005, 09:33:44 am »
The Breakfast should never again play a gig without Greg Ellis. now that he\'s there, the visually entropic levels he adds to the show completely envelopes you into the music! the music was mind-bogglingly incredible, but i thought a couple tunes went over the top due to the lights (doughboy, for example).

now all we gotta do is get jordan tunred up some, and world domination is soon to follow!

get thee on the road, boys, you\'ve got it ALL now!!!

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2005, 09:58:46 am »
Quote from: Mark
Quote from: Dyed_Tie
Quote from:

Whatta weekend.  Stony Creek and the Puppethouse are amazing!!!  Beers, Bowls, Booze, and Brekkies as far as the eye could see.  I was beat after the first night, I can\'t imagine how the guys felt and they totally blew the roof (not to mention several others in the vicinity) off that place.  I don\'t think I\'ve ever seen so much energy in one room. I was completely floored by these two shows.  And Food for Fucking Thought!!!!!  I have never witnessed anything like that in my life.  I just want to thank the band for putting on such a great show and really giving it their all, they left everything up there on that stage.  We\'re all so lucky that there is a band like The Breakfast even in existence, so much talent, dedication to music, and the ability to melt your face off.  I have been hopelessly hooked on this band for sometime now and they never fail to take the music to an entirely different plane.  They did even more than that this weekend.  Eventhough I made my best attempt to do so, there are no words in the English language that could do these performances justice, and there was no other place on Earth that could have compared to what we experienced over the past weekend.  Can I get a confirmed?

P.S. Greg and Dobbs, great job on the balcony.  The lights and sound were spectacular.
confirmage.

Thank you!!  Now can i get a hallelujah?
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2005, 10:06:56 am »
F everybody that was at 8/20...... nahhhh and BIG F me for not going. after 8/19 i knew the next night was going to be insain, and i knew what the album cover was going to be. all i have to say is close this thread please so i don\'t have to read what i missed anymore. I\'m so jealous it\'s not funny. I\'m so pumped for the whole Bfast family from the founding fathers to the newbies, as soon as folks hear these sets they will be officially hooked.confirmed. I hear Freddie Freakout 05\' TPH is where it needs to be at.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2005, 10:21:48 am »
Quote from: ChrisPitch
It was 5:45 am at Todd\'s and we had just completed a game of darts (Me and Tim, Team Pasta, vs. Seth and Jed, Team Matza). We lost a close decision to the Matza Boys, after which we danced like fucking maniacs and sang to some Seth-led Hebrew number.

Yeah, the show was great, blah blah blah.  Forget the show, it was nothing compared to the epic multi-national dart showdown.

There was literally rotfl when the game was paused when Jed, audiofile, mamalakabubadaya and I all danced the hora.  When Jed hit the winning bullseye, I launched into a ser kosher wegwich of Sivivon Mazel Tov > I Have A Little Dreidel > Hava Negilah > Wherever You Go There\'s Always Someone Jewish.  Good lord.

TEAM JEW 4life!!! glad those italians got put in their place...

it is very hard for me to write or think right now because i think i might just die today at work from this weekend...

awesome fucking show..unbelieveable. no one mentioned enough about these balloons that went up in the air when the band started playing sgt pepper\'s..me, gavin, gencs, elissa, sallyalli, mandler and a bunch of others blew up 150 balloons that were released and definitely kicked ser asses.

i will write more later because it is really hurting my body to type write now..but thank you so much todd for being so hospitable to me and so many other people this weekend. had a blast at your house at the shows and everywhere else i ended up thi sweekend. i\'m going to go sleep in my car now.

also, anyone who didn\'t get to meet leith, this guy is fucking awesome shows up to the second night wearing a snoop dogg how the west was won shirt..true west coast kid. nice down to earth guy who i look forward to seeing again.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 10:24:50 am by Mamalakabubadaya »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2005, 10:25:30 am »
Quote from: derickw
F everybody that was at 8/20...... nahhhh and BIG F me for not going. after 8/19 i knew the next night was going to be insain, and i knew what the album cover was going to be. all i have to say is close this thread please so i don\'t have to read what i missed anymore. I\'m so jealous it\'s not funny. I\'m so pumped for the whole Bfast family from the founding fathers to the newbies, as soon as folks hear these sets they will be officially hooked.confirmed. I hear Freddie Freakout 05\' TPH is where it needs to be at.

You may not want to talk to me for at least a good month or maybe even until the end of the year. Probably P&S and Willy too.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2005, 11:04:00 am »
1.  NEED      VIDEO      SOOOOON!!!!
2.  hal9thousand@gmail.com please suply email with pics of boobs?
3.  missing this show = one of my lifes biggest regrets.confirmed
4.  can\'t  stop listening to the recording.
5.  the breakfast have stepped up to a new level of being.  if sustained, they will take over the world, melting the faces of anyone who dare cross their path like they never have before.
6.  There is no 6.
Postcount +1.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2005, 11:11:16 am »
Quote from: Jim Cobb
1.  NEED      VIDEO      SOOOOON!!!!
2.  hal9thousand@gmail.com please suply email with pics of boobs?
3.  missing this show = one of my lifes biggest regrets.confirmed
4.  can\'t  stop listening to the recording.
5.  the breakfast have stepped up to a new level of being.  if sustained, they will take over the world, melting the faces of anyone who dare cross their path like they never have before.
6.  There is no 6.

I agree totally with you except got #3.

I might have been annoying to a couple of .infoers at the end of set 2 on Saturday night, when I came to the revalation that the Breakfast have turned a new page in their history. They know who they are and I am sorry if I went overboard on it. For those who were there, I am talking about the Sgt. Peppers reprise and set 3. I bet you can hear the page turn on the recording.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2005, 11:23:40 am »
:thewave: :lol: :confused: :point: :drool: :drool: :holyshit: :eek: :emb: :awwyeah: :biggrin: :hscratch: :shock2: :shh: :bowdown:
I ran the full gammit of emotions on Sat
but mostly :asskicked:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2005, 11:27:09 am »
Quote from: Me!
:thewave: :lol: :confused: :point: :drool: :drool: :holyshit: :eek: :emb: :awwyeah: :biggrin: :hscratch: :shock2: :shh: :bowdown:
I ran the full gammit of emotions on Sat
but mostly :asskicked:

couldn\'t have said it better.

I am still saying, WOW, on this fine morning.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2005, 11:39:51 am »
awesome fucking show..unbelieveable. no one mentioned enough about these balloons that went up in the air when the band started playing sgt pepper\'s..me, gavin, gencs, elissa, sallyalli, mandler and a bunch of others blew up 150 balloons that were released and definitely kicked ser asses.

Cool now I know who to blame for those fucking things. Had me jumping around all 2nd set just trying to keep them from hitting the mics. Not to mention all of the popping ballons made the levels on the recordings hit 0db. I honestly didnt really start listening to the band until Benefit of Mr. Kite.

You might have blown 150 up. I def. took out at least 30 by letting the air out.

It really distracted from the tunes eith the constant popping of balloons
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19