Author Topic: The Official 2005 Boston Red Sox Thread  (Read 69711 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
The ONE and ONLY 2005 Major League Baseball Thread! [MERGED]
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2005, 12:23:48 pm »
:rimshot:

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2005, 12:26:25 pm »
Thank you. I\'ll be here all week. Drinks in the lounge. Next set at five.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2005, 01:16:21 pm »
Way overblown, that guy did nothing different than the other 100+ that reached over and tried to grab the ball as it passed them. The guy was looking at the ball, he never even saw Sheffield there. I loved the beer spilling on him to add to it!

Hope you Sox fans enjoyed my man Edgar lasst night!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2005, 06:56:33 pm »
boston fans = classless

yeah, that\'s right, classless...

there!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2005, 08:43:51 pm »
sox fans= worse fans in baseball.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2005, 04:44:59 pm »
Quote from: Mark
Way overblown, that guy did nothing different than the other 100+ that reached over and tried to grab the ball as it passed them. The guy was looking at the ball, he never even saw Sheffield there.

way overblown, yes.

the guy going for the ball, absolutely not. he was definitely looking at Sheff and his hand was only about, ehh, 4 feet above the warning track/ball. i think he tried to knock his hat off.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2005, 05:53:55 pm »
baseball fever is finally back in queens.....
5 in a row....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2005, 08:23:23 pm »
13 runs in the bottom of the 2nd..

a-rod 3-3 (currently) with 2HR and 6 RBI...

welcome back, yanks. :)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2005, 09:32:56 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

welcome back, yanks.

More like welcome to New York, D-Rays.  Nothing like the D-Rays to get your team back on track.  They\'ve done more to help the Yankees than A-Rod ever has.  Thank your stars you\'re not playing the Angels or the Twins right now.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2005, 12:30:08 am »
yeah especially since the orioles (a team which the yankees have owned for a long time) handed the yanks their pricks on a plate over the weekend...please.....i do not doubt the strength of the yankees, but lets not get all gooey over an 18 run game decided only by 9 runs....against the devil rays.....nice bullpen....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2005, 06:26:43 am »
bottom line is they needed this game, no matter who it was against.

are all their problems solved? hell no. but they could have lost this game, and that would have been bad. they won. that\'s good.

winning = good.
losing = bad.

kthxbye.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2005, 07:42:45 am »
Red Sox announce resolution of fan interference incident

BOSTON, MA -- Following a four-day investigation into the Thursday night incident at Fenway Park in which New York Yankees right fielder Gary Sheffield was struck by one fan and doused with beer by a second fan while chasing a batted ball into the right field corner, the Red Sox today announced the following resolution:

1. The fan who interfered with play by making contact with Sheffield while he was fielding a ball in play will have his season ticket privileges revoked for the remainder of the 2005 season. The club will consider reinstatement thereafter. (He will receive full reimbursement upon returning his tickets.)

This action is in accordance with the season ticket agreement to which each season ticket holder agrees. That agreement specifically provides that "Interfering with the play of the game in any way will not be tolerated and will be grounds for ejection from the premises, legal prosecution, recission of tickets, and cancellation of subscription privileges."

2. The fan who interfered with play by dousing Sheffield with a beer while he was fielding a ball in play will be prohibited from purchasing tickets for the remainder of 2005.

"Nearly all of our fans are respectful of the rules of baseball etiquette," said Red Sox Chief Operating Officer Mike Dee, who announced the decision. "We hope this will be a warning to the fans who have the opportunity to sit in the first few rows that our policies against interfering with play will be enforced."

"The Red Sox front office and Major League Baseball Security conducted a thorough inquiry that included, among other things, the detailed reviews of video, interviews with those who were directly involved, witnesses to the altercation, fans who sit in Box 86, and security and police personnel who were in the vicinity," said Kevin Hallinan, Major League Baseball\'s Senior Vice President/Security and Facilities. "Fan interference of any kind is taken seriously at Fenway Park and throughout Major League Baseball."

"Given our ballpark\'s intimacy, we will be vigilant in maintaining Fenway Park\'s comfortable atmosphere," said Red Sox Director of Security Charlie Cellucci. "But interfering with opposing players fielding a ball in play is unacceptable and will not be tolerated."

Wolfman

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2005, 08:17:15 am »
Response from Yankee Stadium Officials:

"We appreciate and respect the decision made by the Red Sox regarding the fan interference matter.  However, fans at Yankee Stadium will continue to be allowed and encouraged to throw coins and batteries at opposing players, as they have been doing for decades.  We will also continue to support the harrasment of visiting fans by playing "YMCA" during the 7th inning stretch so our fans can sing the traditional "Why Are You Gay."  Finally, we will continue to allow our fans to dump beer, tear clothes, and throw solid objects at any non-Yankee fan.  We look forward to upholding the great fan traditions in Yankee Stadium."

Wolfman

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2005, 10:22:56 pm »
Devil Rays 6, Yankees 2.

Welcome back Yankees!
To last place!

What do the Yankees and fine wine have in common?  
They\'re both in the cellar!

What\'s the difference between the Yankees and fine wine?
Fine wine gets better with age.

Let\'s review.  The Yankees lost tonight to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, who were 0-10 in The Bronx last year.  The starting pitchers were Randy Johnson vs. Hideo Nomo.  You can make a strong case for that being the most lopsided pitching matchup you can possibly have the Major Leagues.  The Yankees were at home.  They lost because Derek Jeter, their captain, grounded into a double play in the 7th with 2 men on and down by a run, then followed that up the next inning by booting a super easy double play ball that led to 3 runs instead of the end of the inning.  This is without question the worst loss the Yankees have had since...since...since Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2005, 10:30:33 pm »
awesome. yanks make me sick and a-rod can suck a fatty.  i do like jeter though, surprised to hear he fucked it up tonight. ill wait til 10:00 sportscenter to see. i hope the yanks fall just short of the playoffs, wishing them last place is foolish, so i hope they finish a half game out of the wild card and have to watch boston lose to the cubs in the series from their homes.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash