Author Topic: Setlist: 9-7-05 Solo Timmy @ Richters  (Read 5193 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Setlist: 9-7-05 Solo Timmy @ Richters
« on: September 08, 2005, 01:25:02 pm »
1: New Pedal Jam > Walk On The Wild Side > America, Question Mark And The Mind, Being For The Benefit Of Mister Kite, Big Empty(1), Sunshine Superman, Breaking The Girl, Boris The Spider, Good Morning Good Morning, Man In Me, 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, Jesus Etc, "Stomp Clap" Intro > Joe\'s Garage(2), Mike\'s Song(3) > Aja

2: Kodachrome(1), Wah/Walsh Wegwich Intro > Goodbye Yellow Brick Road > Fearless > Nobody Told Me > Under The Bridge > Reggae Wake Up In A Coma(4) > BIKE > Goodbye Yellow Brick Road > Wegwich Outtro > Happy Birthday Sean Miller > Ser Richters Loop Jam #1, Porch(5), She\'s Leaving Home(6), Dancing Days(7), Last Call Ditty, LA Woman(8)

1 - w/ Boomerang Phase Sample Pedal Jam Outtro
2 - Tim flubs a verse and people are clapping when they should be stomping and stomping when they should be clapping
3 - w/ Rediculous Boomerang Phase Sample Pedal Jam
4 - w/ Phaddy Boom Baddy, Cities, and Simple teases
5 - Porch had a crazy loop pedal intro, I labled it the "I surrender to Timmy Jam"
6 - w/ Sean Miller on backing vocals
7 - w/ Sean Miller on lead vocals
8 - w/ Sean Miller on lead vocals and rock star silliness ending and dual rock star jumps

Just as the pages of the History Of The Breakfast are turning, it is safe to say that the pages of Timmy Tour are turning as well.  Timmy broke out a Boomerang phase sampling pedal for the first time last night.  The gloves are now off.  Now, there is no going outside in the middle of a set for you may miss the most amazing jam of the night.

The first thing I thought of when I saw Timmy carrying the pedal into Richters (still in the original box it was purchased in from the day before), was, "man oh man wait till he gets a few shows under his belt using the sampler pedal, wait till he finds his TPalms comfort factor".

Though he seemed a little cautious with it and its usage was pretty sparce considering, when he did use the pedal during the show it was sheer magic and some of the best improv jamming in the almost 2 year history of Timmy Tour.  

The opening jam of the first set was a mild jam that just touched on the fact of what the pedal would do as Timmy laid down a little bassline and doodled softly over it.  The next time it appeared was at the end of Big Empty where you could see a bit of hesitation in Timmy as he went to the pedal.  The 3rd time the pedal was used was during the Mike\'s Song jam.  If Fitzy\'s recording took, I am sure you will be able to hear me yell, "Use That Fucking Pedal" right before he started setting up a series of loops and then jamming over it.  You could see that he was already getting a sense of comfort in going to it.  It may be a bit early to say this but I was howling it last night, "Keller Who?!".
Kodachrome also provides some nice room for some ser pedal jamming as Timmy was officially in the groove with his new toy.  What came next was, to borrow a phrase from Spacey, "where you could actually feel the page turn".

It was madness in Richters after an old school 232 style Wah/Walsh Wegwich with intro and outro, and then a rowdy happy birthday to Sean Miller.  After that people were shouting at eachother with drunken joy a la a tall wook we all know and love.  However, I was standing on the steps just watching Tim.  He was quiet and concentrating and staring down at his pedal.  I could tell he was about to go into a "Richters Jam".  As he started laying down the first loop, I knew we were in for a treat.  I felt the need to start "shhhing" the entire back room of Richers, because it is not uncommon for Tim to stop playing any original "Richters Jam" if he feels that nobody is listening.  I did not want that to happen, and as people started realizing what was going on there was an awed hush that fell over Richters, a first as well.  The improv jam was jaw droppingly transcendant and confirmed that Timmy Tour has been taken to a new level.  What followed next was an intro jam to Porch.  Tim was using the pedal, but instead of looping tracks he was just using it to distort the shit out of hs guitar and it turned into a head banging sick ass intro that just had me thinking "please play Are You Experienced".

Ugh what a night at Richters.  From the Ser Richters Loop Jam #1 through to LA Woman was some of the most energized playing and listening and dancing that Richters has ever seen on a Wednesday night.  The She\'s Leaving Home Solo Timmy debut was beautiful with Sean Miller nailing the backing vocals.  The Dancing Days was most definitely a Timmy Tour bustout that harkened back to the days of the Smokin Boomers at Eli\'s.  The Last Call Ditty showed off Tim\'s oft not seen most ser goofiness.  And the LA Woman was the cherry on top of the Rock And Roll Sundae complete with Timmy headbanging and rocking out while Sean whirled the microphone around by its cord as if he was Roger Daltry.  The whole night culminated with a textbook dual rock star jump.

So come one come all for Timmy Tour continues......and its only just begun.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 02:04:29 pm »
damn.   i wish i could have been there :no:
*Gia*

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 02:07:18 pm »
Gavin, because I love you I will add some insult to your injury.....

Latenight included a bluesy jam with TPalms on acoustic guitar playing with Andy Macajam Nelson playing acoustic bass.....and a sneak preview of 2 new highly anticipated songs.... :drool:
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 02:09:00 pm »
Quote from: bezerker
damn.   i wish i could have been there :no:
*Gia*

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 02:12:30 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
Latenight included a bluesy jam with TPalms on acoustic guitar playing with Andy Macajam Nelson playing acoustic bass

:bounce2: mcajam got a license to ill!! btw, call him ANDREW..he told me "andy" reminds him too much of randy or nandy, nancy and stuff like that.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 02:14:56 pm »
Gavin, because I love you I will add some insult to your injury.....

and to think, this is the kid that got you hooked up w/ the heady kickdown this weekend.  you\'re such a jerk.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 02:23:22 pm »
If I didnt love, I wouldn\'t rub salt....
BallBreaking Family For Life!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 02:39:18 pm »
when did the "r" get added to your "fo"?

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 02:41:56 pm »
"I\'m soooooooooooooo tired.
I haven\'t slept a wink!"
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 02:42:57 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
when did the "r" get added to your "fo"?

Today 2:23 PM

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 02:48:56 pm »
 The Last Call Ditty showed off Tim\'s oft not seen most ser goofiness.  

Oft not seen?  Gencs have you been paying attention?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 02:53:02 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 02:50:02 pm »
Quote from: Me!
 The Last Call Ditty showed off Tim\'s oft not seen most ser goofiness.  

Oft not seen?  Gencs have you been paying attention?

I am talking about ser goofiness which is completely different from the regular goofiness that is just Tim being Tim....

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 03:42:16 pm »
Quote from: Me!
"I\'m soooooooooooooo tired.
I haven\'t slept a wink!"
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 05:08:04 pm »
How come I always have to beg Tim to play breaking the girl and when im not there he plays it all the time?
I miss timmy tour so badly...Next week I plan to attend some. If not richters...definatly porters on sunday.
SEE YOU THERE!

no porters after this sunday?
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 05:09:34 pm »
Quote from: sallyalli
How come I always have to beg Tim to play breaking the girl and when im not there he plays it all the time?
I miss timmy tour so badly...Next week I plan to attend some. If not richters...definatly porters on sunday.
SEE YOU THERE!

This Sun or next cause this Sun is the last Timmy Porters gig, after that he\'ll be playing in Norwalk or SoNo, one or the other.  Later start, no more 5-8 prob more like 8-11 or sumthin