Author Topic: Setlist: Project/Object 11/14/05 Webster Theater, Hartford, CT  (Read 764 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Setlist: Project/Object 11/14/05 Webster Theater, Hartford, CT
« on: November 15, 2005, 07:06:32 am »
Soundceck: Carolina Hard-Core Ecstasy

I: Montana, Titties & Beer, Cheepnis, Cosmik Debris, Joe\'s Garage, Pygmy Twylite > The message*, Black Napkins, Blessed Relief, Wind up working in a gas station, The idiot bastard son, Zomby Woof, Big Swifty

II. T\'Mershi Duween > Florentine Pogen, Let me take you to the beach, Andy > Inca Roads,  City of tiny lights**, Uncle Remus**, Village of the sun > Echidna\'s Arf (of you)^

with Joe Hendel on trombone for all of set 1
*Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five cover
**with Jonny Pakalolo on drums
^with first bar of "Don\'t you ever wash that thing?" to end show.

(set2) Keep it greasy> Outside now and (encore) I\'m the slime were also slated but had to be dropped due to time

Project/Object: Napolean Murphy Brock, Ike Willis, Andre\' Cholmondeley, Seahag, Dave Johnson, Glenn Leonard, Eric Svalgrad

Good show. Nice to see Seahag is still dropping in time to time. The crowd was great for set 1, even to the point of Andre\' saying "If this is a monday, what the hell are you guys like on a saturday night?" Probably around 500 for 1st set but almost completely cleared out before set 2. Set 2 got cut short to meet the 1am off time. The trombone player is from yale and did an incredible solo during big swifty. The other solo that stole the night was Seahag in black napkins.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 08:54:41 am »
was this taped???
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

shadygroove

• Local Bohemean
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 10:49:42 am »
was this taped???

I\'ll second that. It looks like something I should have attended... if I wasn\'t 19 hours away.
Plant yourself in the minds of others so you may grow in them as you do yourself.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 01:03:38 pm »
yea, there was an audience. He said he would post it on etree when done. Also, five cameras and a soundboard patch that get added to the bottom of the to-do pile.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 02:00:03 pm »
Got your Inca Roads!, happy now??
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 02:31:21 pm »
no, it was the wrong band! I wanted black page last night and all I got was inca. Thats like asking for rufus>ep2>scheme and getting no glove.

AH, whom I kidding? it still kicked ass, but the breakfast will never play inca roads. I\'ve come to accept that.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 04:45:12 pm »
the jungle is by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five

"uh uh, it\'s like a jungle sometimes, sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from goin unda"

classic hip hop!  right up there with white lines........don\'t do it!
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 08:30:51 pm »
Quote from: Me!

"uh uh, it\'s like a jungle sometimes, sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from goin unda"

do you mean "the message," by Grandmaster Flash?
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 08:43:21 pm »
broken glass everywhere, people pissin\' on the streets, they just don\'t care...

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 06:12:13 am »
Quote from: Blackieshamps

good catch. updated.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 10:58:01 am »
Quote from: Blackieshamps

^^^yeah , yeah that\'s it!!
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 06:50:45 pm »
didn\'t mean to be a dickhead calling out like that, but i thought everyone should know the real name of a great hip hop tune. :)
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

YoMa

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 10:07:22 am »
City of tiny lights**, Uncle Remus**, Village of the sun > Echidna\'s Arf (of you)^

awesome!!! Village of the Sun is the best. great way to end a show. did they nail the >Echidna\'s Arf?