Author Topic: Stern  (Read 4721 times)

stabmasterarson

Stern
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2005, 11:05:33 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
Quote from: stabmasterarson
although this doesnt really affect me since niether of them are on the radio in bumblefuck montana

Another beautiful fact about Satellite Radio: The more bumblefucked your location, the better Satellite radio comes in.  Time for you to get Sirius!

is that really true? if so now i only have to decide which one to get.  they are both almost equal on amount of channels (xm has like 25 more) but sirius has stern starting on jan. 9th.  xm has opie and anthony, who are shockjocks from across the river in rockland or orange county maybe? with xm you get every game of mlb, spring training through world series, and sirius you get every nfl game throughout the season.  both at 12.95 a month, i think i would end up gettin the sirius so i can hear unadulterated stern.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Stern
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2005, 10:58:18 am »
I have XM and I love it.  My only complaint is that their "jamband" station plays too much Prog rock.  I wish they would seperate the two cause I\'m not a fan of early Genesis or King Crimson.  But I do enjoy the XM NPR and the Comedy stations.

davepeck

• Administrator
Stern
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2005, 12:02:50 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
Can\'t stand Stern anymore. His show is way too redundant. Same old shit all the time, lesbians, midgets, etc. Funny sometimes but gets old. I also don\'t think Robyn is very funny at all. She doesn\'t do much.

I do like Imus and his grumpiness. I also think he\'s a pretty good guy, unless the deal with that woman is true. Who knows. Anyhow I find him entertaining although a bit annoying sometimes.

I\'m an O\'Reilly fan myself. Oh my god yes I said it. Leith don\'t go crazy on me here. ;) I never said I agreeded with him, I just like his show. LOVED that asshole Jay Severeign\'s show... wish it hadn\'t gone off the air due to contract issues. He is great. Such a smart man, and quite the wordsmith, not to mention he\'s a real bastard which makes for great listening.

wait, did you just say agreeded? ;)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Stern
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2005, 01:31:18 pm »
whoa. yikes. Look what happens when you don\'t type anything for days and days. I have to get back into this gently, folks. Bear with me.
Masturbation in the MFA

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Stern
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2005, 11:47:22 pm »
I can\'t compare the two since I don\'t have both, but I know people who have switched to Sirius from XM and not the other way around.  Yes, Sirius has NFL, NBA, NHL, and lots of college football and basketball, basically everything but MLB.  I got it just in time for last year\'s NCAA basketball tourney and it was great, they had all 65 games.  They both have very similar channel listings.  As far as jam stations go, I\'ve never heard King Crimson or Genesis on Sirius JamOn.  JamOn plays too much Panic, Cheese, moe., and Allman Brothers, but at least there\'s no doubt that those are jambands.  They get everyone else in there too, even The Breakfast.  And they play a live set of Phish every night at 7PM which I\'ve become a devoted listener to.  

There is no doubt though, the more remote your location, the better it will come in.  It\'s not beamed from towers that you have to be close to like cell phone service.  It comes straight down from a satellite.  The only things that can mess it up are tunnels, very tall buildings, and if every radio station has a station on it already leaving you nowhere to receive it.  If you live in Montana, none of these will be a problem.    

Quote from: Wolfman
although this doesnt really affect me since niether of them are on the radio in bumblefuck montana

Another beautiful fact about Satellite Radio: The more bumblefucked your location, the better Satellite radio comes in.  Time for you to get Sirius!

is that really true? if so now i only have to decide which one to get.  they are both almost equal on amount of channels (xm has like 25 more) but sirius has stern starting on jan. 9th.  xm has opie and anthony, who are shockjocks from across the river in rockland or orange county maybe? with xm you get every game of mlb, spring training through world series, and sirius you get every nfl game throughout the season.  both at 12.95 a month, i think i would end up gettin the sirius so i can hear unadulterated stern.