Author Topic: Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA  (Read 11923 times)

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2010, 02:10:29 pm »
Quote from: PB4Life;262466
Quote from: krispy;262450
F*#&k Ihe

I know mang..my dislike for the ironhorse keeps growing tenfold.  They denied me at the door because i was a little drunk.  Maybe eric put out a fucking letter to let only people in that need drinks so his stingy ass can make another couple of dollars.  I was so fucking pumped for this show...had the SICKEST space astronaut costume...and they denied me.  Being as my getup was going to be hot as shit i was wearing shorts and still stood outside the whole time on a cold ass night.  Sounded like a killer time though...just gotta live with myself for a little while for missin da shew

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2010, 03:20:02 pm »
Gavin couldn\'t get in because he had a real ID they thought was a fake.
$6.75 for a 10oz cup a beer put a squash on my brew buzz.
Great show though, and a great crowd to go with it!!!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2010, 03:32:13 pm »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;262472
Gavin couldn\'t get in because he had a real ID they thought was a fake.

Are you ser?!?!?!

Geez, the band plays Inca Roads and Subterranean Homesick Alien but the band\'s huge effort to give the fans something good is matched by the venue\'s huge effort to make the fans feel bad.  What\'s a band to do?  Not fair to the band or the fans.

Well, I\'m glad that they got to play Inca Roads and that the place was jumping!

ChrisLikesBass

• Where the hell is Ellitz?
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2010, 03:44:49 pm »
Huge thanks to everyone who came last night! I know it may be a tough place to deal with, but regardless it was still one of my(possibly the most) favorite shows to date with these fine musicians. Guacamole queen!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2010, 05:40:34 pm »
Quote from: ChrisLikesBass;262474
Huge thanks to everyone who came last night! I know it may be a tough place to deal with, but regardless it was still one of my(possibly the most) favorite shows to date with these fine musicians. Guacamole queen!

that is awesome to hear kid! wish I could\'ve been there.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2010, 05:42:09 pm »
whats up with young people and glow sticks....they love them. some tools seemed to be throwing them at the band, hope nobody got hit really
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2010, 06:27:40 pm »
Quote from: ChrisLikesBass;262474

vvoul hve been nice to see it. fml
*Gia*

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2010, 07:44:25 pm »
I seriously don\'t know how I functioned today and managed the store. But it was worth the lack of sleep. And freezing my butt off waiting in the line outside. Probably the most ive danced around in ages. Thank you to this fantabulous band. What a show!! And kudos to the indobox they really are superb opener. But iron horse, a small child size guiness should not cost $7.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2010, 09:54:23 am »
gbfbits > x-files jam, space oddity,Metropolis, inca roads, Subterranean Homesick Alien, Phaddy Boom Baddy

E: 2001 w/ Mike (guitar) from the Indobox

Show last night was AMAZING!  Everything was supposed to start @ 10pm, but they didn\'t start letting people in until about 10:40.  Line moved pretty quickly after.  To make up for the late start the venue decided to extend curfew until about 1:45am.  

Indobox took the stage about 11pm and played a great opening set.  I\'ve seen a bunch of Indobox shows, but didn\'t recognize a lot of the songs they played.  Definitely a lot of new ones in there, but I was really impressed.  The only song I recognized was Pterrodactyl Park.  Very strong opening set and I knew it would be hard to top...fortunately the Breakfast wasn\'t going to be upstaged

Breakfast got on about 12:15 and opened with GBFieryBalls (which i personally haven\'t seen in years).  It was pretty standard, but the outro jam segued into a very cool and stretched out X-Files jam.  Space Oddity was very solid as well and really got the crowd excited...which by the way was a *GREAT* crowd.  There were a bunch of people there for the BOX, but things picked up over the night.  The entire floor and downstairs area was shoulder to shoulder with people by the end of the night.

Once the band started Metropolis things started to get rowdy.  I haven\'t seen too many B\'fast shows in 2010, but i\'ve seen Metropolis show up on a lot of setlists.  It\'s clear this song has become a heavy hitter.  Unreal version with great energy.  The audience was eating it up with fists in the air.  After Metropolis we got two covers.  I was largely unfamiliar with Inca Roads and didn\'t recognize Subterranean Alien at first.  Both were played well and even though I didn\'t realize what they were playing, there were several people in attendance that you could tell were blown away.  Phaddy Boom Baddy brought everything together nicely to end the show.  Ending jam was very high energy.  

After a quick encore break the band came back on with Mike from the Indobox for a nice version of 2001.  I\'m guessing it was probably in the 10-12min range.  Perfect close to the show.

Despite only getting one set, the B\'fast really maximized on their 90 or so minutes.  I feel very lucky to have been in attendance on Friday night.  Thanks again to Chris Fitz for bringing me, Kaz and Zuke up to the show.  I wish I could have a more detailed review, but I was pretty sloppy Friday night.  I can\'t wait to listen back.  Matt was taping from the balcony last night for Indobox and Breakfast...i hope everything came out well
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 10:29:35 am by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2010, 10:20:05 am »
inca roads :wah: !
awesome show !
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2010, 11:04:57 am »
I was just gonna ask if there was any stealth recordings that occured... I\'m glad it was captured, its definitely one for the archives!
Where to next?

Branch

• http://
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2010, 12:08:06 pm »
thank you B-fans and bandmates for another ser-full fonghoulish.

thatguy

« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2010, 12:57:27 pm »
nice reveiw nick, but your missin a couple songs in there bro...existentail funk for one...i can\'t remember...

jimbojones22

• Is obsession a bad thing?
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2010, 05:32:29 pm »
What an amazing show, Such high energy from GBFBITS all the way to 2001. It was the first time I had heard Phaddy Boom Baddy live since Let It Roll and personally I think it was a way better performance of it. IHEG disappointed as always but there is something to be said with the way the energy transfers between the band and the crowd in that place. While I usually would agree with the glow sticks being an annoyance I thought it was a nice little fuck you to the Iron Horse and the bands didnt really seem to care. Good times for sure and shitty as the people who run the venue are I for one will be standing right there in that sweaty little place next Oct. 29th

santropez

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2010, 09:19:35 pm »
show was sick