Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-11-01 - Higher Ground Showcase Lounge; South Burlington, VT  (Read 13495 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Setlist: 2008-11-01 - Higher Ground Showcase Lounge; South Burlington, VT
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2008, 02:02:47 pm »
Quote from: krispy;209726
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;209725
The Interwebs tell me that this show sounded like "RAQ Light".

Either these Hyperfunk guys need to start accepting the Breakfast or we\'re going to need to take a page out of the Torquemada playbook.

where\'d you hear that? Not on hyperfunk...  PT?  Bunch a douches...  Most of the Hyperfam has accepted the BFast 100%.

I may be wrong about which show they were talking about, but it was definitely on Hyperfunk. For all I know it was somebody who wasn\'t even at the show, however, and was just talking about the Breakfast in general (from limited exposure, I would imagine).
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

LinesWithin

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2008, 02:39:28 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;209734
Quote from: krispy;209726

Either these Hyperfunk guys need to start accepting the Breakfast or we\'re going to need to take a page out of the Torquemada playbook.

where\'d you hear that? Not on hyperfunk...  PT?  Bunch a douches...  Most of the Hyperfam has accepted the BFast 100%.

I may be wrong about which show they were talking about, but it was definitely on Hyperfunk. For all I know it was somebody who wasn\'t even at the show, however, and was just talking about the Breakfast in general (from limited exposure, I would imagine).

I wouldn\'t read into anything on hyperfunk these days.  We are all still very bitter about the so called "break-up" which still hasn\'t been announced yet.  I am very excited to see the breakfast on 11/29 w/stoops (since the wife and I will be in the northeast for thanksgiving).  Now they need to show the southeast some love.  The only reason I stopped seeing the breakfast was because they haven\'t played the south since I moved to charlotte in 2005.

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2008, 03:00:16 pm »

Quote from: jocelyn;209567

Oh, here\'s someting that bugged me: throughout the course of the night I spoke to several Raq fans who all pretty much had the same things to say:
* Tim is almost as good as Raq\'s guitar player (:lol:)

Quote from: Jesus
This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha!

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2008, 04:44:19 pm »
yea, that fire sure wasnt a pile of leaves.. lots of smoke. Ricky,Chaggs, no sweatshirt in my shuttle
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 04:57:42 pm »

I jumped onto Hyperfunk to see what the talk was like.  First off, there has been very little post weekend talk about these shows.  Secondly, one person made that RAQ light comment.

Quote from: DocEllis70;209750
yea, that fire sure wasnt a pile of leaves.. lots of smoke. Ricky,Chaggs, no sweatshirt in my shuttle

Hey Aruny, it was nice to meet the fam.  Didn\'t know there were that many of you runnin\' around.  The world just got a whole lot scarier!!  ;-)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 04:57:42 pm by SlimPickens »

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 06:45:34 pm »
Quote from: LinesWithin;209736
I am very excited to see the breakfast on 11/29 w/stoops (since the wife and I will be in the northeast for thanksgiving).  Now they need to show the southeast some love.  The only reason I stopped seeing the breakfast was because they haven\'t played the south since I moved to charlotte in 2005.

After being a way for a month, it looks like the band and Timmy Tour are firmly planted in the northeast for November.  Push for a December run.  A jaunt down south is a pretty small commitment if they hit a few key cities and then bounce home.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2008, 07:52:27 pm »
This show was soooo great. It seemed like it was over so fast, like they always do. It was great seeing everyone dressed up in costumes! I almost blew a gasket when I saw Wolf. LMAO!

(me ------>as Red Riding Hood)

Four of us ended up meeting some first-timers, who had been at the slightly stoopid show. Great to see new faces, despite the rest of the night in a strange place.

Fave jams o\' the night; Rufus, the Smurfs, Metrop.,...Hell all of it went fantastically. Glad I could help out my fall-down drunk friend; Love ya sister.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2008, 08:01:38 pm »
definitly one of the best shows ive ever seen from these guys (i think) and i missed probably the sickest encore ever
*Gia*

Ren

• what?
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2008, 08:56:45 pm »
what a fuckin\' blast!  hlh>king of the hill>ren & stimpy!?!?  what the fuck?!?  Really dirty overexposure.  Crazy shit.

from the end of the sound through the rest of the show was about as good as i\'ve seen them play.  period.  though paul told me a minute or two into ventriloquist that it was a raq song, i kinda figured by people\'s reactions and stoops starting it off that\'s what it was.  damn good song that i wouldn\'t mind hearing again.  Metropolis was by far the highlight for me, there\'s only been a few times that music\'s moved me like that in my life, i\'ve seen some shit, but but jeeeesus chriiiist...

rufus>willie couldn\'t have ended the night better.  the fuckin\' peaks towards the end of rufus were complete insane.  

paul and i were talking about stoop\'s style, ya know slap the shit out of the keys, and how it brings a little extra kick to the frenzies and the peaks, i think metroplis and rufus were perfect examples of that...

great time.  can\'t wait to hear it again.  there were soooooo many great costumes.  i thought it was hilarious that i\'ve never seen a second of arrested development but i knew that david cross played the guy dave was dressed as, cuz of the hair, what a classic!!!

POWDERED TOOAAAST MAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2008, 11:28:19 pm »
yea, setlist is def missing the smurfs, unlessi dreamed tht tshit
caress me, aunt jemima

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2008, 12:08:33 am »
Quote from: Lexington;209794
yea, setlist is def missing the smurfs, unlessi dreamed tht tshit

I\'m with ya; I recall singing la-lah-la-la-la-lah, Lah-la-la-la-lah.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2008, 12:58:01 am »
so is stoops playing more shows?

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2008, 09:19:51 am »
The Smurfs was a tease/jam during Beef Barley.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2008, 09:42:57 am »
Quote from: RadicalRich1138;209806

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2008, 10:13:37 am »
Quote from: RadicalRich1138;209806

i\'ve heard he\'s playing middle east, daniel street and toad\'s.