Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-04-24 - Stone Church; Newmarket, NH  (Read 6147 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Setlist: 2008-04-24 - Stone Church; Newmarket, NH
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 11:45:14 am »
how were the macpodz?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 12:20:02 pm »
good. i like them.
the breakfast owned faces. with a setlist like this, the actual jams never get quite as epic. the playing was better at the iron horse.
but
last night was out of control. good job boys. everyone who didn\'t go is a loser.
so

i will do a better review later. right now i feel like the grim reaper took a dump down my throat
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:20:02 pm by Lexington »
caress me, aunt jemima

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 12:27:51 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;187375
i\'m definitely kicking myself.

:that:

what fucking a setlist... did anyone tape this??

don\'t know why i justified partaking in spring weekend festivities at uconn over going to this show.. :mad:

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 12:59:15 pm »
:wah:
Postcount +1.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 01:18:22 pm »
i dont think it was ever confirmed... did anyone tape this?
DS Newbers

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 01:30:37 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;187375
i\'m definitely kicking myself.

i\'ll kick you on saturday when i see you as well for good measure.

you gotta love it when they throw down to the smallest crowd i\'ve seen at a church breakfast show.

so yeah, moral = don\'t miss church shows.  and huge thanks to wolfy for driving my ass
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:30:37 pm by postom »

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 01:32:53 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;187386
don\'t know why i justified partaking in spring weekend festivities at uconn over going to this show.. :mad:

ooof! rookie move mama.

im sure the church was hoppin with a setlist like that. props boys. i didnt think you could outdo Iron Horse, but guess ya pulled it off. im thoroughly impressed! wish i was there!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:33:30 pm by princesscaspian »
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 01:43:56 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;187368
No worries, ChrisF has the tapes.

I take it none of you read the paragraph preceding the setlist...
Smell my mule.

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 01:44:53 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;187397

ooof! rookie move mama.

and where were *you* last night? :)

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 01:49:37 pm »
Quote from: postom;187399
Quote from: princesscaspian;187397

ooof! rookie move mama.

and where were *you* last night? :)

ha! after timmy tour>timmy tour>breakfast>breakfast>breakfast>day off>timmy tour> timmy tour.....  im sick of you all!  ;)  (and my car sucks!)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 04:14:43 pm »
OK so there\'s a chance I can get me some voodoo Saturday night...

Thursday nights do not agree with me being in New Hampshire. Whats up with all the Thursday shows @ The Stone Church... I mean they usually pack that place the church should be rollin out the red carpet Friday night style.

In other words.. I would like to see a show @ the church some time again in my life. But not on a thursday night.

Did I mention Thursday night? ,,,...__
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 04:52:35 pm »
holy h - e - double-hockey-sticks!!!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 06:14:30 pm »
Quote from: Klout;187370
are u shittin me? that looks so sick1

review please wolfy?

tapers?

I: jam > Cut Me Some Slack, The Message, Honey Butter*, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Doughboy > Willie The Pimp > Synergy > Dig, Wake Up In A Coma > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Willie The Pimp

E: The Late And The Great > Son Of Simpleton

Let\'s do it!

Let\'s get Macpodz out of the way first since we\'re all going to be seeing them over the next 3 days.  Really good group, certainly worthy of the 3 openers they have.  Very fun show and their bass player really seriously shreds.  Possibly title holders of "greatest jam-rock band without a guitar player on the scene."  Funny watching Striker get down to their set as hard as he did to his own set.  Macpodz have a chance to join Uncle Sammy, Jacob Fred, and Zero in the Breakfast Opener Pantheon...they\'re not there yet but they have a chance.

As for The Breakfast, oh yes, now that is a REAL Breakfast Sandwich... eat it McDonald\'s!  My favorite opener, jam > x got the party started right.  CMSS was much more full-bodied and a bit faster than it used to be, all for the better.  The heavy use of silence in old versions of CSS always held it back IMO.  Anywho, The Message and Honey Butter were awesome if not particularly noteworthy, so I\'d say the real heat got turned up with the early-set Eppy II.  I think it was early in this jam where things got dark, moody, and minimal and Ellis turned the lights all the way off for a good minute and just blew smoke over the band and it looked frikin AWESOME!  (Think Mike\'s Song from Big Cypress.)  

From that point on party central was in full force.  All the segues were very tight, as if they had been rehearsed many times even though I\'m sure they probably just came up with most of them in the green room in the moments before the show.  The only one that wasn\'t 100% was the last move into Willie the Pimp the second time.  It\'ll sound decent enough on the tapes but you could see some discomfort on stage.  Hey, it happens, the bottom line is that the Breakfast has the balls to attempt a setlist like that and an 80% Breakfast segue is still better than most bands\' best.  Great encore too, TLAG>SOS.  Like I said in my Iron Horse recap, I\'m glad TLAG and OE are separated...not that there was anything wrong with the combo, but there\'s so much opportunity to do more with each song individually that this is the best way to go.                        

Only negative on the show was crowd size.  Output per fan was fantastically high, the people who were there brought the heat.  But total attendance was maybe 100 if you count instruments as people.  Serhead count was par for the venue, but it would\'ve been better if all those raging UNH kids came out as they sometimes do and packed the rest of the room.  Everyone who made it sure put a lot in and got a lot out!  BTW Chris F definitely taped and there was a second set of mics up as well.

If you\'re kicking yourself right now for not going then you should be, however, I think the next two nights are going to be even better.  I smell epicness in the air.  Unfortunately I cannot make either show, so I\'m actually kicking myself already even though I went last night.  My advice to anyone reading this is to turn off the computer and get in the car immediately!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:28:09 pm by Wolfman »

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 06:26:30 pm »
This show was fN absurd. The jam>slack was probably the best opener i have ever seen. But i had been anticipating one for a long time now. The rest of the setlist... i dont know it just went out of control from there. doughboy, coma, willie the pimp, gladys... Im glad i never miss a stone church. I brought a few virgins as well, anyone see the twins? The encore was rediculous. I hope they played SOS because i yelled it, and LATG was gnarly.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 06:47:26 pm »
nice reviews. thks.