Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-04-04a - Fearless Radio Studio; Chicago, IL  (Read 4847 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Setlist: 2008-04-04a - Fearless Radio Studio; Chicago, IL
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 07:35:48 pm »
rotfl
Postcount +1.

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 09:30:30 am »
It\'s pretty sweet that they got a little more exposure by being on the radio.

Now they need to get into the Sirius studios and JamOn

I\'ve requested The Breakfast sooo many times on JamOn, and have yet to hear any. They play WAAAYYYY too much Gov\'t Mule

sjell

• http://
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 09:43:47 am »
stef scamardo is warren haynes\' wife and gov\'t mule\'s manager...lotsa warren.

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 09:49:42 am »
hahahaha i did not know that

I wrote her an email yesterday stating this exactly:

"Will you please stop playing so much Gov\'t Mule.  If I hear "I\'m A Ram" one more fricken time I am liable to throw my Sirius radio out my car window. Thanks!  P.S. Play some of The Breakfast!!

peaches626

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 09:14:27 pm »
Well written, Bennyboomers
taints rule, gypsies drool!

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 06:50:29 pm »
just listened to this.  Songs sound pretty solid IMO, can\'t wait to hear them in a higher quality.

seriously the most annoying DJ I have ever heard though

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 10:22:17 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;186554
i\'m not talking about having it melt my face like it would at a show, but the main purpose in creating a rock record should be capturing as much of that raw energy as much as possible.  i know you all listen to records that have tremendous amounts of energy.  it is the job of the producer to coax that energy out of the performer.  it seems like someone just hit record and said go.  these guys need a good producer.  end of story.  these new songs are just too good to be wasted on a record that\'s not going to kick people in the fucking balls.  i think a lot of people have just accepted that the records just wont hold a candle to the live show.  well when people go to the show and pick up a copy of the new record, they should be buying something that is going to remind them of that show they were at, in a more polished and presentable package.  they seem to have gotten polished and presentable here, but hugely at the expense of energy which i think is most important thing.  it just doesn\'t seem like an honest recording here.  i\'m not talking about sound quality.  the tracking seems to have been done right from an engineering perspective, but i\'m just not feeling this at all.  i dont really listen to moxie epoxy or real radio because it lacks the honest drive of the breakfast\'s live show.  this is their selling point, so thats what they need to showcase on what they\'re selling.

[/rant]

I completely disagree. I think this song sounds great, way better than any of the live versions I have heard thus far, and this is only a demo. Their new record is gonna thrash.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 01:25:39 am »
this is only a demo!!!

such good news.  the dj announced it as being from a forthcoming EP or something.  i retract my previous statement.  this is totally legit for a prepro demo.

however....

DONT PLAY A FRIGGIN PREPRO DEMO ON THE RADIO!!!!

seriously, they\'d better capture the ROCK on the actual album version.  does anyone know if vic will be producing this record?

edit:  just to make something clear, i would NOT be so critical if i didn\'t think they were capable of making a REALLY fucking slammin record.  if done right, this new record can be amazing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:04:02 am by Jim Cobb »
Postcount +1.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 08:27:22 am »
Can I point out that, best I can tell, this is an online radio station with an audience of maybe 100 people? It\'s not like they played it at the fucking Grammys. There are 500 bands that say they are working on a new album ("Chinese Democracy", anyone?). To me, the phrase "we\'re working on an album" means nothing more than "we\'re still here and we plan to release an album some time this decade". I prefer to hear some proof.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 09:52:23 am »
ehhh i guess, but why air something to ANYONE who doesn\'t already know your music, if what you\'re airing isn\'t the absolute best you\'re capapble of?
Postcount +1.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 02:40:16 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;186797
ehhh i guess, but why air something to ANYONE who doesn\'t already know your music, if what you\'re airing isn\'t the absolute best you\'re capapble of?

I\'m on this side of the fence.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 02:44:10 pm »
first impressions are huge.
Postcount +1.

peaches626

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 09:28:23 pm »
For example:

My first impression of Urban Fetch was "Ben Folds Wannabe".  Now I think they are at least one of those "Almost as good as Hootie and the Blowfish" bands....

:duck:
taints rule, gypsies drool!