Author Topic: DUI/DWI Talk  (Read 13015 times)

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2008, 01:06:33 pm »
good luck broski, that really blows...

postom

• let\'s go pens
    • http://
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2008, 01:46:31 pm »
gabo, get a good lawyer

gitCHu ONe.

• I reckon y\'all fixin to..
    • http://www.gitchuone.com
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2008, 02:46:30 pm »
Okay so I read the whole thread. Never heard more from Joc about what her outcome was. I have seen her on other threads recently so it doesn\'t appear as if they locked her up... for too long at least.

There are a few things I do want to comment on though.

In most states you can get a DUI not in a car, but if you are "in control of the vehicle". This includes having your keys, period. For the comment about sleeping it off in your car, get rid of the keys! You can still get a public intox charge anyway. Like was mentioned, the cops will try and get you for anything and everything. If it\'s not one thing it\'s another.

A lot of states have started using the in-car breathalyzer called an "inter-lock device". Luckily (if you can say that) when I got my DUI here in NV they don\'t have this, but in AZ at least where they do, you have to pay to have it installed and pay a monthly calibration fee. I have known people there who have had no vehicle (got a DUI in someone else\'s car, or sold their car to pay their fines etc) but were still required to have a year of the device in THEIR car. This rolled over to them having to wait until they actually had a car of their own again. Bullshit right? Also, AZ will put you out in "tent city" for a few days which blows because the desert is either really super hot (summer= all the time), or really freaking cold at night (winter time).

Whenever MADD/local PD set up road blocks, they are required to notify the public of when and where these will be put in place. Also, these rarely yield any DUIs. They understand this. The point of a road block is to raise awareness to the public. It\'s the "make you think twice about driving intoxicated" thing. And it works. But remember, if you didn\'t hear about it and you are in line to get checked, they do have motorcycle cops waiting to see people turn a U-ey out of line. Even if you aren\'t intoxicated, they will get you for some sort of moving violation.

You can get a DUI just being impaired. Someone mentioned this. Yes, reckless driving will make it easy to spot you, but I\'ve heard stories about people getting DUIs three days later with THC in their system. I never knew this before, but THC can be tested as "nanagrams" through your urine or blood and there is a set level that shows impairment. It\'s really low btw. Like 2 nG, and a single toke can put you in the hundreds easily. But, most of the time you will not get busted for a DUI if you\'ve been THC\'ing it up unless you\'re in the act of smoking, or you tell the cop you\'ve been (duh!). Keep your mouth shut and don\'t smell like too much **** all the time. This can also happen with prescription drugs and/or caffeine etc. That\'s the cop\'s discretion.

How things look so differently in retrospect, the night I got my DUI, taking a taxi was an option. At the time I looked at it and saw that the ride would cost me $60 one way, then $60 to come get me and bring me back to my car. Now i see that $120 was MUCH cheaper than the thousands I have spent to pay fines, take classes, get car outta impound. It went on and on. I was guilty, I plead guilty. Am now suffering the consequences. Part of which has had me on probation where I can get checked at any time to see if I have been drinking or if I even possess any alcohol. Even if I don\'t drink it, I can\'t have it in my house. Which blows cause my friends still like to drink. So no one comes to my house.

Really, for Joc even though it\'s been some months since it\'s happened and she probably realizes this by now, and Gabo who just got popped; this could\'ve been the night. I know that\'s what I was thinking. I have driven home way too many times where the next morning when I woke up in bed I wondered how I got there. No damage done to my car and no reports of hit and run, so I was safe enough. However, the night I got pulled over, who knows what could have happened another 100ft down the road. I thank god I didn\'t have to find out.

I ultimately sold my car to pay my fines and whatnot, and I have not drank since all this happened, but now I understand how and where I went wrong and how to avoid this from now on. When I am legally allowed to drink again I will. I am technically allowed to drive again, but no car=no point. And I will be taking advantage of the alternative transportation when that time comes. Remember, even walking home you can get a public intox and a night in jail. No fun. Here in NV you cannot get a DUI on a vehicle less than 49cc. So no DUI on a bike, but you will get charged with something if the cops are out to get you.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2008, 03:38:45 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;209927
wow reality is really starting to sit in.  fuck.  :puts o bla di on repeat all day long :

Any idea how much booze was in you?  Will we get to see you resisting arrest/being tazed on an upcoming episode of Cops?  now that\'s dick!

Quote from: gitCHu ONe.;209980
Part of which has had me on probation where I can get checked at any time to see if I have been drinking or if I even possess any alcohol. Even if I don\'t drink it, I can\'t have it in my house. Which blows cause my friends still like to drink. So no one comes to my house.

You aren\'t allowed to drink any alcohol, not even at home?  Seems a bit too ridiculous to me.  

Your post answers why you did not have a ride to Crystal Bay.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:40:00 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

gitCHu ONe.

DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2008, 04:00:29 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Quote from: gitCHu ONe.;209980
Part of which has had me on probation where I can get checked at any time to see if I have been drinking or if I even possess any alcohol. Even if I don\'t drink it, I can\'t have it in my house. Which blows cause my friends still like to drink. So no one comes to my house.

You aren\'t allowed to drink any alcohol, not even at home?  Seems a bit too ridiculous to me.  

Your post answers why you did not have a ride to Crystal Bay.

I know many people who are in my same situation and do continue to drink, disregarding the fact that if they get caught they are to start the whole process over again. I\'m not willing to do that, so I have just decided to go through with what they are making me do and get it over with. I\'ll then respect my freedoms that much more.

Yes and I\'m still super bummed I didn\'t make it to the show. It\'s like trying to get blood from an onion here turning people onto good new music. Plus, with me not drinking until this whole thing is over (another 4 months) I have found out that my "friends" don\'t like to do things with me if it doesn\'t involve drinking. That\'s dumb really because if we made it to the show, they could have drank all they wanted, but that fact didn\'t even make it to their brains.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2008, 04:47:05 pm »
i refused to blow.  would have definitely been in the .2 - .25 range.  was too drunk to realize i was raning out of gas and had a bag of grass sitting on the dashboard.  :sigh:
*Gia*

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2008, 06:39:26 pm »
Gav I\'m really sorry. I know what you\'re going through.
Masturbation in the MFA

gitCHu ONe.

DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2008, 07:46:23 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;209998
i refused to blow.  would have definitely been in the .2 - .25 range.  was too drunk to realize i was raning out of gas and had a bag of grass sitting on the dashboard.  :sigh:

If they took your blood that may buy you some more time, but at least here they\'d try to tack on possession and get this, internal possession. WTF!?

I had friends in a similar situation and they opted to take the 10-25 days in jail in loo of getting the hefty probation where you risk them getting you that way and eventually doing the jail time anyway. Good luck with that. Our thoughts are with you. Let us know how it all goes down.

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2008, 05:39:50 pm »
amphetamines help...*everything* that is!!

TeddyT

DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2009, 06:41:03 am »
sorry chip. sorry chip.

inthewhitelodge

DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2009, 12:59:32 pm »
I think we should have the opportunity to buy breathalizers to test ourselves before venturing on the open road. That way, at least we would know who is most sober. However, those don\'t test for the good green stuff, which can be just as distracting to drive under the influence of as alcohol is. Everyone has their own game to run....I\'ve never been pulled over under the influence, or even gotten behind the wheel with more than 1-2 drinks in my system.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2009, 01:25:13 pm »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;245063
I think we should have the opportunity to buy breathalizers to test ourselves before venturing on the open road.

We do.

http://www.google.com/products?q=breathalyzer+keychain&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=1XLsStLbDYqHlAfXyIyABQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQrQQwAA

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2009, 01:32:33 pm »
Never any shame in sleeping in the car... beats a lengthy jail sentence!  I\'ve done it many nights, yet, I\'ll admit, there have been nights I didn\'t heed my own advice and probably should have.  Just keep the keys out of the ignition!  I\'ve been caught before in the dead of winter trying to heat up the car, luckily I was wrapped up in a sleeping bag and they realized I didn\'t have any plans of leaving.  It\'s a last resort... but if you do run into the police on the way home when you know you\'ve had too many it\'s gonna be a lot worse than sleeping in the car one night and waking up in the morning without a court date and who knows what else on your record/concience.  Also, always remember, at bar closing their are drunk drivers all around you... pay attention to the cars around you (and people stumbling drunk on the side of the road!) and expect the unexpected!!
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2009, 01:55:11 pm »
Sleeping in car instead of dui - good advice; If I owned/managed a place that sold booze I would fully support this; I\'d like to see law that provides some kind of protection for people who make the responsible decision not to dui.  I\'d be worried that the establishment or the cops would find me sleepin in the car and tell me I had to leave.  Although your point still stands that any consequences of not driving do not compare to a dui shitstorm.

Has anyone encountered police or a bouncer while sleeping it off in your car?  How did you handle it?
any advice appreciated

ps. relegalize **** and dui\'s will decrease, imho.  driving under the influence of any drug implies impairment; however, drinking is easily overdone, whilst puffing is much more self-regulatory.
♥♫∞

TeddyT

DUI/DWI Talk
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2009, 03:36:17 pm »
Quote from: Dweasel Weasel;200319
Just an FYI - my computer can no longer access the breakfast.info page, so if you have any further questions, you can use this email address.
(And if you can let the other board members know I can\'t access the DUI thread, that would be great).

Quote from: Dweasel Weasel;200514
People can reach me by sending a message through the board, as it goes to my email.

Does anyone here in .infoland know any good experienced OUI lawyers in Massachusetts? If so, can you send me a PM/email with their contact info. I am trying to get a list of lawyers to call this week. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 03:44:54 pm by TeddyT »