Author Topic: The Simpsons Movie  (Read 2946 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Simpsons Movie
« on: June 09, 2005, 01:24:58 pm »
Many people say that the Simpsons have died. That the episodes lack the creativity and hiliarity of the past. I disagree. I do not think that the episodes have changed, the writing or the humor. Perhaps, it is all Simpson fans have grown up and our views of humor have changed. Whatever they may be, The Simpsons movie is in production. I know I will be in theaters. The potential to blow the box office away.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=794&e=3&u=/eo/20050608/en_movies_eo/16718

Enjoy!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Cruzweb

• The Exalted One
    • http://www.cruzweb.net
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 03:00:50 pm »
Won\'t be in theaters till after the series ends, producers have already said they want it that way
--John Cruz
http://www.cruzweb.net">Cruz Web Design | http://www.thebreakfast.org">Webmaster - Thebreakfast.org

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 11:15:24 pm »
nonetheless, i can only wonder what the movie is going to be like, seems so foreign and strange.... lol i think it will be fantastic though, the simpsons simply dont disappoint.
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 11:42:57 pm »
They say, it will not be out for at least 2 years. The cast has done a read through and feel good about the movie. Say, all fans will really enjoy it.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 08:06:08 pm »
wow. just over 2 years ago.

Not a bad movie, not great but it is The Simpson\'s. I was raised by The Simpson\'s and I enjoyed the movie.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 07:24:03 am »
i thought the film was pretty well done and stayed true to the simpsons over time... it\'s hard to encompass the entire spectrum of the simpsons over nearly 2 decades. there were some quick, subtle bits of humor that definitely made me giggle and laugh out loud, and were remnant of the season 4-10 "glory days" (in my opinion) of the simpsons. there was obviously a lot of thought and time put into the animation, which was really impressive, and translated well onto the big screen. i may try to check this out at least one more time before it leaves theaters.
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

SkyePrizm

• separator
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 08:19:58 am »
i\'d have to agree with elisa.  they really stayed true to themselves.  for me, it just felt like a really long episode.   it was funny without being over the top.  it was worth seeing...so go see it.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 08:41:07 am »
it was awesome....it wasn\'t trying to me like a "movie", it felt like one long simpsons episode
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 09:15:50 am »
Bart: "I guess you guys must be pretty bored of the movie by now then, hu?"
Milhouse: "No one who saw the movie would say that!"
Nelson: "Get him!!!"

plan to see it sometime this week.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 01:31:44 pm »
went to see it friday night. overall i thought the whole premise of the movie was good. there were definitely some funny parts. although i am not a huge simpson\'s fan but did enjoy the movie and would suggest everyone go see even if you\'re not that much into the simpsons. i read somewhere on the internet the movie made over $71 million, with the next closest just $17 million or something.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 02:32:22 pm »
It blew Chuck and Larry out of the water. The Simpson\'s grossed $71.9 million while the closet runner up was $19 million.

We are ecstatic," said Chris Aronson, senior vice president for distribution at 20th Century Fox. "It far exceeded even the most optimistic of expectations."

kartoon42

• overexposed
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 04:46:03 pm »
funnier than family guy movie?
break it down, simplify

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 05:10:52 pm »
Quote from: kartoon42;153598

2 different kinds of humor.

I can\'t compare The Simpson\'s and Family Guy because it doesn\'t do each other justice.

Its a tough question to answer.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 05:27:50 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;153602
Quote from: kartoon42;153598

2 different kinds of humor.

I can\'t compare The Simpson\'s and Family Guy because it doesn\'t do each other justice.

Its a tough question to answer.

Impossible to answer... IMO.  

I was a little upset that Disco Stu and Gil didn\'t make the cut.

Interesting simpson facts:  

the simpsons cartoon & movie are animated in Korea, because of it\'s cheap labor.

There were 94 speaking parts in the movie.

One thing they had in the movie which they rarely had on the show:  shadows.

Krusty the Klown was originally supposed to be Homer in disguise.  The joke being that Bart idiolized Krusty, but couldn\'t stand Homer.  But the early days of the show were so hectic that the story line was lost.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 06:45:53 pm »
the movie definitely exceeded my expectations...i\'d give it a 7.5/10 (which says something about what i think about the show nowadays). as good a plot as the simpsons have had, imo...that\'s never what it was about for me.  some of the same style humor as the glory days...some from the recent days.  all of it worked.  some of my highlights include:

-simpsons vulgarity (homer giving the finger, marge saying \'goddamn\', bart\'s dick)
-topical humor that\'s relevant ("please don\'t download this movie illegally," "that\'s right, we even advertise during movies now")
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor