Author Topic: How come no setlist threads ever make it to the thread box on the home page?  (Read 3019 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
SSIA.....
just wonderin....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
How come no setlist threads ever make it to the thread box on the home page?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 02:58:15 pm »
A lot of times I forget to check the setlist forum because it doesn\'t jump out at me when I log in.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 08:51:05 pm »
I think the Score forum also suffers from a lack of home page presence.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

davepeck

• Administrator
Originally posted by Stephengencs
SSIA.....
just wonderin....

it\'s something i\'ve definitely thought about.. i need to see if i could have more than one forum linked to the front page.. i\'ll take a look into it today..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 09:18:41 am »
so i did some testing with this.. doesn\'t look like it\'s gonna work, *unless* all original posts are filtered through one person.. here\'s why..

if i enable this, all (new) threads posted in FFT will make it to the front page (first post only, with the option to view more, the same way STL is set up). STL is set up so that only an administrator can post a new thread, so not just \'anything\' can make it to the front page..

the problem i see with bringing FFT up front, would be \'random\' posts making it to the front page, when it should only really be most recent setlists.. for example, threads along the lines of
Subject: Last Night\'s Setlist..,
Body: Where is it??

that would put the \'where is it??\' post on the front page, and if the setlist is posted as a reply, it will NOT show up there..

another thing that makes this a bad idea would be that just anyone can go into FFT, make a new post/thread that just says \'go fuck yourself\', and it would show up on the front page.. that\'s just asking for trouble..

basically the only solution would be to set up the FFT forum like the STL forum, where only certain individuals (setlist moderators, if you will) can post new threads (everyone would still be able to reply to threads).. i wouldn\'t be against this, but if it\'s something you guys want, i think you need to take a vote on it. and if it happens, we\'ll look into having all setlists going through certain individuals (me, steve?, etc..)..

let me know what you guys think..

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 10:08:34 am »
^ thats some nice sleuthing there Peck....

Thanks...
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph