Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-10-24 - Purple Moon; Flint, MI  (Read 2495 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2008-10-24 - Purple Moon; Flint, MI
« on: October 25, 2008, 05:43:06 am »
I: Tunage, Episode 3 (Awakening), The Sound, In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed*

* with Nick Ayers (The Macpodz) on percussion.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 05:17:57 pm »

hmmm...
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 07:24:36 pm »
mmmmm.....
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 11:11:50 pm »
epic.
caress me, aunt jemima

psychjosh

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 09:39:39 am »
I haven\'t heard em do lizzy reed in a looongg time!
Sounds Epic!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 11:01:11 am »
ok...called their mgmt.
the show tonight is at the purple moon, in flint.
no, they are not part of a battle of the bands (supposedly).
there is an opener going on at 9:30, the breakfast to follow at 11pm.
tickets are $7...knew nothing of a canned food drive or the 3 cans = free admission.

so, they opened the show? lol, glad i didn\'t make the trip then, was planning on showing up at 11, would\'ve missed them.
so, their mgmt doesn\'t even know what time slot they are playing?

i guess there\'s a reason these guys are still playing places like the purple moon in flint after touring for 10 years.

:deadhorse:

fwiw, once he saw the conflicting info, i checked out crescendo, saw the change and updated the breakfast tour thread i have. i did say they were the opener. he didn\'t double check my original post (even after i changed the thread title) because he spoke to their management and the band\'s own management gave out the wrong time. i\'m really glad he didn\'t try to go to the show.

i\'m sorry to be debbie downer about this, but their management doesn\'t know when they\'re playing, their booking company changes venues after the tour is announced and once again, there\'s something besides the music which drags people\'s opinions of the band down.... i know its the bfast, so things happen, but if venues and dates get switched, how about an announcement? i know i should check crescendo\'s site on a daily basis to look for these changes (because this certainly isn\'t the first time this has happened), but i expected that the dates announced would be fairly solid, since, after all, they were announced publicly. or at least some sort of notice given about the changes. dump crescendo. hell, i never even got a response email from them when i was trying to find out if they\'d received my deposit check. all i ever got was a bank statement showing it had cleared... em-eye-cee...

as for the mgmt and publicity folks, i\'ll give them a \'they\'re brand new\' pass on this one (although even they had bad info as to when the band was playing, which is worrisome). but doesn\'t the band have an email list? how about the promo co sending out tour announcements and show updates, so that its not up to the audience to find out when and where they\'re playing? its like there is a philosophy of making the fans-to-be do all the work. if you don\'t let them know you\'re playing near by, they\'re not gonna know to go see you. if you want to build a fanbase, you\'ve gotta do most of the work for them. the rabid already-fans will find out, but every single other possible-new/casual-current fan isn\'t gonna want to spend the time or effort finding this stuff out. which is why so many fans aren\'t retained, i\'d imagine.

its just frustrating (as i\'m sure it is for many of you and *especially* for the band) to try and hype them up, to try to get people to see beyond the negative reputation of \'just another jamband\', to help them really want to go see what the band is capable of pulling off these days, just to have unnecessary, amateur shit like this happen. especially when its not even the band\'s fault!!! i mean, if they showed up and played shittily all the time, that\'d be one thing. but they don\'t. they show up and throw the fuck down!! if only they could get some off-stage managerial/promo/booking support that has as much heart and drive as the band members have onstage, they might really be able to gain some traction......

[/rant]

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 02:33:43 pm »
Quote from: jking;209027

its just frustrating (as i\'m sure it is for many of you and *especially* for the band) to try and hype them up, to try to get people to see beyond the negative reputation of \'just another jamband\', to help them really want to go see what the band is capable of pulling off these days, just to have unnecessary, amateur shit like this happen. especially when its not even the band\'s fault!!! i mean, if they showed up and played shittily all the time, that\'d be one thing. but they don\'t. they show up and throw the fuck down!! if only they could get some off-stage managerial/promo/booking support that has as much heart and drive as the band members have onstage, they might really be able to gain some traction......

[/rant]

if only....:sigh::banghead:
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

stt

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 10:50:47 am »
hate to say it, but glad i didn\'t make the trip up to flint (i\'m the guy quoted here from another board).....was trying to get there by 11pm to see the breakfast\'s set....only to see that they opened the show (contrary to what their own mgmt told me on the phone on the day of the show).

ah well...next time....unless, that is, they skip michigan next time.

there\'s always the archive, to grab a show and listen to the music.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 11:35:02 am »
this will go down as one of if not the most epic show in the history of mankind
DS Newbers