Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-04-10 - Winston\'s; San Diego, CA  (Read 3273 times)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
Setlist: 2008-04-10 - Winston\'s; San Diego, CA
« on: April 11, 2008, 01:55:43 am »
I: jam > May Fly Disarray, The Sound, Honey Butter > Escher\'s Etchings (Part 2) > Honey Butter, Inner Glimpse

II: Rufus* > Synergy**, Good Things^, The Message, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)

* with keyboard solo.
** with \'Episode 1 (Happy)\' jam; with bass solo.
 ^ dedicated to the loving memory of Giavanna Kersulis.

Thanks to davepeck for the live updates!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:43:02 am by ChrisPitch »

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:13:11 am »
i love me some Mayfly........ damn i wish i got out there for all this
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 10:39:06 am »
Wow, looks like a fantastic show!
Smell my mule.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 10:53:02 am »
set II looks awesome!!! i betcha good things woulda brought me to tears, and that mooboos as well......
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 11:44:21 am »
Nasty
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 03:05:52 pm »
cant wait to hear the show and some reviews. Winstons is in a heady area so im sure people were diggin on this
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 03:36:50 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;186092
set II looks awesome!!! i betcha good things woulda brought me to tears, and that mooboos as well......

set 1 also looks awesome imo...the entire show looks killer
DS Newbers

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 05:43:37 pm »
MFD was pretty nice to open but I think coming out of the jam they kinda wanked it but if you did not know the band that well it was fairly unnoticeable. The Sound was great and had a killer jam. HB>Escher\'s Part 2>HB was killer. The jam back into HB is entirely Chris. He was throwin\' it down and the guys had no choice but to follow and when HB reappeared it was phenomenal to say the least. Inner Glimpse was very sweet to hear.

Rufus>Synergy was siiiiiiiiick! Synergy is awesome.
I was a mess during Good Things. The Message is a kickass tune and if you think it sucks you suck! ;)
No really it was great and got booties shaking and the energy up after a powerful Good Things.
I kept telling Tim that Mooboo\'s had never been played in S.D. and I have been waiting 5 years for it so he rearranged the setlist for me and I really could not be more appreciative of the version they layed out. Yes I got owned but only to one knee. There is also a Tears for Fears tease in Mooboo\'s just unsure of the song. It may be part of Shout? the lalalalala lalalalala lala lala lalala part?
Tim was in rockstar mode but we got no kicks :( Adrian could play tin cans and it would be sweet! He owned the kit he had last night.
Matt was totally on fire but Chris owned this show in more places than I can remember.
All my friends I talked to were totally impressed by Chris and I\'ll leave it at that.

OB LOVES THE BREAKFAST! Now if the band could only get the venue posters to put up maybe the turnout will be better nxt time. It was a good crowd but full of people that already know the band and for the first time in awhile there it cleared out a bit after setbreak.

It was cool to hear Rusty (the guitarist in the opening band) play the beginning of Scheme in their soundcheck.
Overall a great show and it made me seriously think of hitting a set of Santa Cruz and then driving back home to catch my flight at 830 am.

Tim said they would not make us wait as long this time around for their nxt stop by so hopefully some fall action is in store!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 04:52:21 pm »
:yay:  You got your Mooboo\'s!! Awesome.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 04:56:23 pm »
in my head
DS Newbers

CRobbins

• http://giltpil.org
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 09:58:30 am »
Here\'s a shot from Winston\'s...

Here\'s another shot from Winston\'s...:-)

And, one more from Winston\'s....

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:58:30 am by CRobbins »
West Coast Connection

peaches626

My Experience on the West Coast
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 12:03:19 am »
As a Ser Breakfast Fan, I have posted on this board a number of times with pretty wild declarations.  I certainly remember saying "The next time the Breakfast is in Colorado I will be there."  That definitely didn\'t happen.  I have made numerous claims that I would be doing all I could to travel to Chicago, or Toronto, or Virginia, or California to see sick shows. Sorry chip. All lies. That is, until April 10th, 2008.
     Through a stroke of luck, I already had a vacation scheduled for a few of the days the Breakfast was to be playing in California.  Although I had planned on driving to South Carolina, I realized that with an extra day off, some proper planning, and a little help from my friends (namely Leith and Al Z) I could finally see what the West Coast has to offer my favorite touring band.
     I took off from Bradley International at 6:30 am on Thursday morning, thanks to a blearey-eyed TaintFace cartin\' my ass at a ridiculous hour. (thanks dude)  I slept well on the plane and landed in San Diego at 11:30 with absolutely perfect weather (which turned out to be a theme) greeting me, along with Leith, bearing heady nug.  What followed was an amazing day of touring Sandy Eggo- seeing the beach and the Pacific Ocean, awesome views of the whole city from atop a mountain side cliff, some cool museums, Petco Park (pictures to come when I finally return home, Booztravlr), and New Haven pizza (which was a totally surreal experience complete with a David Wells sighting that you can relive here through the eyes of DavePeck).  
     Moving into the evening, we arrived very early to Winston\'s, which turned out to be a good thing after realizing I had left my license at Leith\'s house 15 mins away.  Winston\'s was pretty cool, with ample dancing room and some high top tables in the back of the room.  Sort of Daniel Street-ish in size, but with better beer.  I focused a good deal of time reconnecting with a cousin I had not seen in 7 years who came down to the show, but Mayfly opened things up in a great way, and The Sound and Eschers II sounded really good to me in the first set.  Although I am a Team Rufus for lifer, 2nd set was all about Mooboos to me- lots of fun with me, Dave, Mike, and Leith lovin\' life in the front row.  For all three shows I attended, crowd size was pretty equal- peaking somewhere around a hunj or so but usually dwindling a little bit by the end.  This show definitely had the least crowd energy of the three I saw (the crowds at Crepe and Crown Room were off the chizzain), but it was a fun time and everyone certainly left on a high note.
     After a nice night of sleep on Leith\'s living room floor, I took a ride to the airport around 1 pm and took a flight to San Fransisco
taints rule, gypsies drool!

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 09:38:10 am »
^is that the end of the story? it ends kind of abruptly...

ohh, nevermind, you probably wrote in the other show threads.  my bad.
DS Newbers

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 06:35:36 pm »

"I Wish" (Stevie Wonder) tease in MFD