Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-03-26 - Le Swimming; Montreal, QC  (Read 5096 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2005-03-26 - Le Swimming; Montreal, QC
« on: March 26, 2005, 10:21:50 am »
I: The Chase, Dig > Inner Glimpse, Gravity, No Regret > What The Funk > Buquebus, Taboo Or Not Taboot > Drum Solo > Tom Sawyer

Thanks to FrankZappa for posting the live setlist updates, and to leith and freddiewaht for also volunteering!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 11:38:47 pm »
guess i\'m it tonight :P

no regret, gravity, what the funk

there may have been a segway bewteen ng>g or g>wtf. I deleted the messages before he explained the text formatting.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 11:51:49 pm »
>buquebus
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 12:08:06 am »
, taboot

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 12:15:35 am »
>drums>tom sawyer

common, its canada... they had to throw down some rush!

this may be end of set 1, it said \'***end***\' after

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 12:30:10 am »
I think it\'s only 1 set since they are the opening band.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

jason-a

• drums rule
    • http://tribedescribe.com
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 12:32:36 am »
I would agree

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 12:44:12 am »
Quote from: leith
I think it\'s only 1 set since they are the opening band.

just got confirmed. end of show

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 01:08:54 am »
Congratulations to the Breakfast for playing their first international show, even if that accomplishment was delayed about a year.

Hope the crowd tonight was as good as the one they could have played in front of last year.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

jason-a

• drums rule
    • http://tribedescribe.com
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 02:52:38 pm »
I am curious myself. Dave I am sure he is just getting in. Plus a holiday. Very interested to hear how was the crowd? How did they play? Setlist looks good.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 03:07:32 pm »
to bad Nero disbanded.. they could do another co-bill with the Breakfast and take the canucks by storm...the one and only time I saw them open for PB was 1/31/04 @ the Iron Horse if I remember correctly.. best opener I\'ve seen for these guys...
I too, am curious to hear Dpeck\'s response...
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 03:12:17 pm »
Nero rocks, saw them at moe.down 4 i think(I dunno, those .downs kinda all blend in after a while).  Either way, its too bad they had to call it quits(or hiatus, or whatever they called it, sabbatical chasm).

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 07:26:09 pm »
So this was a one set show?  They must\'ve stretched out Buquebus and Gravity big time!!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 08:24:18 pm »
looks like my 1st text to paul didn\'t go through, so there\'s more to the setlist now.. :)

thanks to leith and freddie for also texting me and volunteering to make the posts.. paul got me on the way up, so i just sent them to him (though in hindsight, it would have been fun to send you guys each one song at a time and see what the 3 of you would have come up with).

this show was definitely a success. a good crowd of people who definitely liked music. people were really into the b\'fast. they played for about 1:15-1:30.. Azuris Aurum was  good - unbelievable bass player! though i think this show should have been the other way around - B\'fast was balls to the wall, and AA was definitely on the mellow side.. was interesting seeing/hearing adrian play on a 4 piece jazz kit (everything tuned super tight!).. he definitely made it work though, and got a lot of praise from people after the show..

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 09:28:08 pm »
Thanx for the updated setlist there Dave. It now looks more like what the guys can throw down. I thought maybe they got shafted on time or something as the other setlist seemed short. I did like thinking though that they opened w/ No Regret. It would be like shooting a cannon to start the show w/ Adrian pounding out the shots ala Real Radio.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.