Author Topic: New Lineup  (Read 54300 times)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
New Lineup
« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2008, 12:44:16 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;205056
Quote from: ds673488;205043
my costume is funny too.  i dont know if i can top fluffhead though.

You\'re by far your biggest fan of the Fluffhead costume.

Quote from: davepeck;205058
:lol: TBC!

haha oh god here we go...dave loves bustin on me
DS Newbers

peaches626

New Lineup
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2008, 12:52:29 pm »
me too!! newb !!!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
New Lineup
« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2008, 12:54:35 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;205063
me too!! newb !!!

for the record, sir peaches, my first show on 5-5-05 was before your first show, which was moe.down of the same year.  NEWB!
DS Newbers

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
New Lineup
« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2008, 01:03:45 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;205066
Quote from: peaches626;205063
me too!! newb !!!

for the record, sir peaches, my first show on 5-5-05 was before your first show, which was moe.down of the same year.  NEWB!

hey newb, check out peaches show count.:slap:

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
New Lineup
« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2008, 01:15:08 pm »
ok ok, we\'ll give him that
DS Newbers

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
New Lineup
« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2008, 12:00:56 am »
my first show was plenty before cinco de mayo 2005, and i have more shows under my belt than suspenders, but fuck, with all that happens when you are awol for a bit, i\'m gonna have to consider myself a newb.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
New Lineup
« Reply #246 on: October 01, 2008, 07:41:50 pm »
Quote from: Whineberg;204924
I\'m 47 and many people have tried to take the psychedelic out of me. All have failed, and will continue to do so.

:lol: Quote of the thread for me - I\'m with you all the way on that!
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
New Lineup
« Reply #247 on: October 04, 2008, 10:16:57 pm »
I just found out about this news a few days ago, so, I want to wish  Matt  Lots of Luck! of course he will be missed but I think the  best thing a musician/artist can do is be true to what they have in their heart:) so Good Luck! .. be true to yourself always!!
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon

inthewhitelodge

New Lineup
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2008, 01:46:24 am »
I was clueless as to why the recent setlists have the asterisk without Matt O. 17 pages later, this is a hil----arious thread. This totally beats going to sleep!

Seriously I am sad that the breakfast machine will again take on a new shape, but expansion, letting go, progression...this is what these guys have always seemed to be about musically. I saw the original 4 back in \'02 and have gracefully enjoyed each replacement as part of the lovely unfolding of life. Of course it seems awkward to have to redefine oneself, and "so it goes!"

I am impressed by Stoops, or at least I was up in Peru at the Backwoods Pondfestie-stock. I must say the only RAQ song I went up for was for the Timmy addition. Meh.

Truth be told, Matt O was superb, and I get the idea that he had a sort of Namaste-ness and need to stay on a sacred path. Part of the so-called spacey-tastic ways (ie creative diff and ALL).
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

peaches626

New Lineup
« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2008, 01:55:58 am »
taints rule, gypsies drool!

inthewhitelodge

New Lineup
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2008, 02:00:43 am »
Quote from: peaches626;206197

Not to mention bending over to grab one\'s ankles
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
New Lineup
« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2008, 03:18:13 pm »
Seems like a waste to spend all that time teaching Stoops songs just so he can play for the rest of the year. All or nothing. Either join the band or get out of the way for the Power Trio 2.0 to take control. This will be the third time in ~14 months the breakfast has had to reteach songs and start their song catalogue from scratch. Such a dooz.
Smell my mule.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
New Lineup
« Reply #252 on: October 09, 2008, 03:34:25 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;207061
Seems like a waste to spend all that time teaching Stoops songs just so he can play for the rest of the year. All or nothing. Either join the band or get out of the way for the Power Trio 2.0 to take control. This will be the third time in ~14 months the breakfast has had to reteach songs and start their song catalogue from scratch. Such a dooz.

I hear ya and I really hope St00ps decides to stick around. If he\'s donezo in \'09 that will definitely suck but at the very least this will boost The Breakfasts fanbase and create some hype for these upcoming shows (not to mention make some ser music). I have a feeling he will want to stay though, after he plays a few shows and jams the shnot outta some tunes. I loved the trio w/ The Save and I\'m sure with The Dangle that shit is insane, but I\'ve come to realize that (I hate to say it) Leith was right all along this band needs keys. I\'ll be at shows regardless.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #253 on: October 09, 2008, 03:36:56 pm »
I believe it will come down to a decision Stoops has to make with his family in mind.

Lets not bullshit ourselves here. This isn\'t a money gig.

It will come down to comfortability, musicianship and family.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
New Lineup
« Reply #254 on: October 09, 2008, 03:53:50 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;207074
I believe it will come down to a decision Stoops has to make with his family in mind.

Lets not bullshit ourselves here. This isn\'t a money gig.

It will come down to comfortability, musicianship and family.

I\'m not questioning that part. It just seems like Adrian/Tim/Chris will be putting in a lot of time and effort to make Stoops apart of the band and if he isn\'t going to stay on for 2009, it\'s basically a wasted effort and a 2 month road block in their songwriting/repertoire.
Smell my mule.