Author Topic: You all should be getting fucking stoked abt this  (Read 4149 times)

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
You all should be getting fucking stoked abt this
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 02:56:22 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;252747
ok i havent been on much...can someone give me a description of who kung fu is, in 100 words or less?

**nevermind, i found it**

bringin\' the newb \'07

Some of today\'s most innovative musical minds – who have played with the likes of John Scofield, Warren Haynes, Dave Matthews Band, The Breakfast and RAQ – will be pushing the boundaries of improvisation each week at Stella Blues in New Haven, CT.
Calling themselves Kung Fu, this new super group consists of Tim Palmieri (The Breakfast/guitar), Todd Stoops (RAQ/keys), Kris Jensen (sax), David Livolsi (bass) and Adrian Tramontano (The Breakfast/drums).

"Everyone is a monster," says Palmieri, who is a regular in the New Haven music scene. "This music is going to be funky, mature and powerful."

Consider it the martial arts of the music world, if you will.

"It\'s lethal funk," continues Palmieri. "It\'s music smart and strong enough to defend one\'s self, or art\'s self. I love this music."

Kung Fu will be playing a mix of covers, improvisations and eventually will be writing original material as well.

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2010, 11:57:11 pm »
should be an interesting evening! hope to be there!

Branch

• http://
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2010, 01:10:49 pm »
Quote from: Ren;252707
sorry brah, but the ABB do NOT suck.  I will admit they were getting kinda tired years ago, but when oteill and derek joined the band they were reborn, those two are some of the most amazing musicians i\'ve ever seen.  just unreal talent.  derek is on another planet.  just cuz ya can\'t throw down gangsta style doesn\'t mean it sucks. ;)

:awwyeah: