Author Topic: Wow so The Breakfast\'s vocals are not all that?  (Read 3763 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Wow so The Breakfast\'s vocals are not all that?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 10:11:53 am »
Nope, but Yes "Close to the Edge" or King Crimson "Red" or "Larks Tounge In Aspic" would have gotten HUGE responses.  So far after scanning various boards the people who dug Lawn Boy are the same people who usually enjoy the Breakfast. Others (and this is a few) are saying they don\'t like/listen to The Breakfast, but they enjoyed the Lawn Boy set.  It\'s cool if they enjoy it, but will it put asses in the seats.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 10:27:49 am »
My cat\'s name is Mittens.
Postcount +1.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 10:32:04 am »
i wish theyd cover close to the edge, would be epic as all hell
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 10:53:39 am »
Quote from: TreyChica;167250
Nope, but Yes "Close to the Edge" or King Crimson "Red" or "Larks Tounge In Aspic" would have gotten HUGE responses.

Yes sucks, I would have probably not made the drive if I heard they were gonna do that.

The point of covers is to bring the crowd together, get people not familiar with the band to identify and click with the music if they haven\'t up until that point, as well as to show that they can shred the hell out of a tune everyone knows.

So many times I\'ve brough first timers to shows and see them totally getting down to Hot for Teacher or Sir Psycho Sexy or 2001 or Shakedown Street..etcetc... there is no way they are going to remember the Breakfast originals but they will remember the covers and how they kicked ass. And that will bring them out to the next show where they can begin to catch on to Breakfast\'s own stuff.

Playing King Crimson isn\'t going to do anything but satisfy the subset minority of people who enjoy this band out of the minority of people that have actually listened to this band.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:55:43 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007, 11:02:25 am »
garcian fishbowl.

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 11:06:24 am »
see, i think they do have the vocals, or at least the potential.
i\'m a fan of tim\'s voice, adrian does what he\'s called on for and his voice fits the mission [i love him in queeb], ron is terrific at harmonizing, and matt has a really excellent voice [when he\'s not so flashy, [lb]]
but i was listening to the lb cover where most of the tracks required 3 part harmony and it just didn\'t seem to come together. it seemed to be lacking discipline, although the talent seemed to be there.

just a humble thought
skibbiddybopadoobaddydooPOW!POW! [bang!]

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 11:08:06 am »
Quote from: TreyChica;167250
Nope, but Yes "Close to the Edge" or King Crimson "Red" or "Larks Tounge In Aspic" would have gotten HUGE responses.  So far after scanning various boards the people who dug Lawn Boy are the same people who usually enjoy the Breakfast. Others (and this is a few) are saying they don\'t like/listen to The Breakfast, but they enjoyed the Lawn Boy set.  It\'s cool if they enjoy it, but will it put asses in the seats.

I disagree. HUGE response? Doubtful for a band way under the radar. Lawn Boy was arguably the best move right now. Once they start playing theaters they could cover Yes and Crimson and get proper recognition, but for now it would just silently pass by.

Above just covering certain shit, I still think their top priority should be building relationships with Umphrey\'s, Biscuits, TLG etc.  Start touring with their locations in mind, push for sit-ins with members of those bands (& vice-versa), open for them in their home towns, etc. This would bring the greatest exposure to a larger crowd imo. Fans would surely catch on when TB would set things on fire to open a night only for TLG or even the Biscuits to kind of extinguish it.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2007, 11:16:57 am »
I think Ron should sing a lot more. And Tim had a good voice, he just needs to be disciplines.

Already stated, I know. Just reinstating.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 11:19:26 am »
Quote from: Vassillios;167260
I think Ron should sing a lot more.
:that:

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 11:27:18 am »
Quote from: solver;167261

I completely disagree. His voice gets just the right amount of PT. If he sang a lot more it\'d become nails on a chalkboard.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 11:39:36 am »
Quote from: Gordo;167262
Quote from: solver;167261

I completely disagree. His voice gets just the right amount of PT. If he sang a lot more it\'d become nails on a chalkboard.

really? i missed him in the recent son of simpleton.
and i\'m talking about backup/harmony, not solo.
i think he\'s got the right volume, def. not too loud at all. his voice is a key in any 3 part or 2 part for that matter. i would like to hear more of his harmony.

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2007, 12:03:18 pm »
whoa. did i read this shit right?????? tim\'s voice is great, ron\'s voice is great, adrian is adrian and matt has a style you have to get used to. he reminds me of the drummer for fz on baby snakes. i think the different style of vocals on our favorites have been great. it\'s new, like the band. jordan had a great deep voice and we were all used to it. they play the same songs because i would imagine they are trying to gel with the newest member. haven\'t you noiticed longer jams. give me a fucking break.....................
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 12:16:17 pm »
well ya cant argue their caliber of playing, so why not fuss about the vocals.?
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2007, 12:17:54 pm »
Quote from: crimsonknuckles;167266
he reminds me of the drummer for fz on baby snakes.
terry bozzio? i can see that.

i can\'t stand the way he po-ou-ou-ouuts... *cause he might not be pouting for me.

punky meadows pouting for you? are you ser?

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2007, 12:18:58 pm »
Tim\'s voice is perfect the way it is.  It makes up the sound of the band more than people realize.  I\'d like to challenge the people who critique any of the band\'s singing abilities to get up and do what they do.