Author Topic: Was anyone else discusted by Bush\'s State of the Union Address Last Night?  (Read 54959 times)

realisthis

• I Got 99 Problems, But...
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/realisthis?listid=0
The ONE and ONLY PBFans Political Pissing Contest Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2004, 07:07:30 pm »
I suck dick for coke!
How real is that?

tiedyetoga

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2004, 08:00:29 pm »
Originally posted by freddiewaht
grayson,im gay..

You have a wife and kid. Plus whats the point of your comment?

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2004, 12:39:19 am »
His point is that you just never know. You could meet someone really cool who digs all the same things u do except they are gay. So now all the enjoyment you got from hanging out w/ that person is gone? I think not.

Either that or the wife and kid are a beard.  ;)
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

tmn8r1

• Guitar Slave
    • http://www.thebreakfast.org
WOW
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2004, 02:09:37 pm »
I wouldn\'t believe if someone told me that there was this kind of political stimulation on PBFANS. wonderful. few things and i\'ll keep them brief.

Gray, way out of line dude. You have to respect peoples ideas no matter how different, that is why we have a system such as democracy. facist or facist, Independent or Green Party, most people want to see whats best for this country and hopefully not themselves. Politics blurs that line sometimes and it shouldn\'t start here. We in life should always lead by example and the least we can do is respect each other on this forum.

Gays - should be allowed to marry. Nuf said. It\'ll be hard to change facist opinion on them with Falwell in the midst.

WMD - tough subject. The president in that speech did tell the amercian public he had WMD\'s in IRAQ and through fear he controlled public opinion. HOWEVER, I watched Colin Powell speak in front of the UN and I believe to this day, we went to war because, Saddam was in violation of many UN Resolutions and the UN (most the countries in the world) drafted a resolution that called for ACTION if Saddam didn\'t comply with the resolution.

At this point what are we to do?? what good is a resolution of the world if no one is willing to implement it??

I thought this was good in Bush\'s speech,  "Nine months of intense negotiations involving the United States and Great Britain succeeded with Libya, while 12 years of diplomacy with Iraq did not. And one reason is clear: For diplomacy to be effective, words must be credible, and no one can now doubt the word of America."

Is this whole campaign aggressive, yes. But it can work, it\'ll send a message to terrorists across the world that we mean business. We already know that they mean business. Hopefully with Iraq & Afghanistan self-governing soon, it\'ll send a message to that region which is so under-developed. I\'m not saying completely westernize them, I just think they need to catch up with the times a bit.

Also terrorists, al-qaeda, gihad, hamas all are anti-america for one thing - we support ISRAEL. They will not stop until we stop supporting them which is a terrorist nation in there eyes and guess what, that isn\'t going to happen!!!!

just my 2 cents. we could talk about this for hours but i just wanted too throw some things out there. all good talks, lets listen more.

ps. gray - you need to be open to change, it is the only way you will grow.

tim palmieri
When words leave off, music begins. - Heinrich Heine

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2004, 03:05:33 pm »
i\'m just a little disgusted by the spelling in this country

tiedyetoga

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2004, 03:22:10 pm »
I grow alittle everyday. I have my politcal views, and most people my age think I\'m crazy. I talk to alot of older people who give good advice. As far as being open goes, no one is perfect. I know there are a few people on this board who agree with me. They just don\'t want to post about.

To each his own.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2004, 03:41:43 pm »
at least your thinking....thats the main thing....we should all just keep on thinking...yeah thats it

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
daaaaaamn
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2004, 03:44:55 pm »
I don\'t know how I managed to miss this thread....

Here are my opinions... short & to the point...

Gays: Let them marry... to each his own... screw what the bible says.  I hate it when Christians try to stick their nose into places where it doesn\'t belong.  You mind your business & I\'ll mind mine.

WMD:  Who cares if we ever find any?  Not me.  Saddam was a brutal ruler who killed & tortured his own people... if Bush lied to justify taking him out of power, I really could care less.  The world is a safer, better place without him in power.  I don\'t think that anyone could argue against that.  Plus, as an added bonus, look at how much gas prices have dropped!  I have to use premium in my car... that shit ain\'t cheap!  

Other Countries\' Opinion of the USA:  Let them hate us.  They are all jealous of the wealth & prosperity that we have in this country.  Our country is founded on ideas that make most other governments cringe.  Think about this.... how did one of the youngest countries (USA) by many hundreds if not thousands of years get to be the wealthiest & most powerful?  Obviously, we are doing something right... and that scares other countries... every person on earth should be entitled to the same liberties & freedoms that we are.  If other governments don\'t agree, then, for that reason alone, we should bomb them as well and liberate their people.  Our way is the best.  Period.  I don\'t care how they\'ve been doing it in China or India for the past 10,000 years... we\'ve only been at it for around 250 years & here we are... far ahead of them in almost any category you can quantify.

As you can probably tell from this rant, I am generally a facist.  However, on social issues, like gay marriage, I am as liberal as they get... you stay out of my way, I\'ll stay out of yours.  Fiscally, I am an extreme conservative.  I hate paying taxes.  When I look at my paycheck & see how much gets taken out, it makes me want to puke.  I have no problems paying taxes for things like education, infrastructure, military, and even the space program.... things that I personally use & benefit from... BUT, facists like to take care of people too much... it\'s a dog eat dog world out there... eveyone fending for themselves... only YOU can decide what\'s going to happen with YOUR life... the sooner people realize this & stop feeling like the government owes them something for nothing, the better off they\'ll be... I\'m sick of MY hard earned money, that I work 60-70 hours a week for, going towards food stamps & to buy shoes for crack babies!  Get off your ass & start contributing to society, or starve in the street for all I care.  NO HANDOUTS!
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

aJwvof

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2004, 05:24:46 pm »
I, myself, will choose not to vote rather than vote for one of the unworthly facists and I sure as hell wouldn\'t vote for Bush.

1) please don\'t bitch about the next 4 years if you don\'t vote and bush is back in office. you don\'t vote don\'t talk about politics bc you wasted a vote.

2) learn how to spell disgusted!! discusted is not a word.

aJwvof

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2004, 05:29:37 pm »
Originally posted by tiedyetoga

1.) I agree with him 100% about same sex marriage. I think that it\'s disgusting and that it\'s a sin. I would not not honor a same sex marriage as they are illegal and just plain wrong.

that is so close minded and scary. first it was the irish, then the blacks and the jews and women ... do we really need to hate our fellow men and women bc we don\'t agree with their beliefs? you may be a homophobe but whether or not it is a sin doesn\'t matter in the US. this isn\'t the catholic church of the united states of america. there is nothing wrong with it. ignorance never solves anything.

do you know any gay people? or are you afraid of them rubbing off on you?

tiedyetoga

« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2004, 05:37:27 pm »
I do not hate, I just don\'t endorse.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2004, 06:34:26 pm »
This post has gotten worse and worse

tiedyetoga says:

"Who knows if there is a GOD? I don\'t and you don\'t, so that excuse doesn\'t work."

as well as:

"1.) I agree with him 100% about same sex marriage. I think that it\'s disgusting and that it\'s a sin. I would not not honor a same sex marriage as they are illegal and just plain wrong."

So if you don\'t know if there is a GOD then how do you know sin ? isn\'t sin defined by ones religious beliefs. And if you believe then you KNOW there is a GOD, no ?

and Marcial says:

"Our way is the best. Period. I don\'t care how they\'ve been doing it in China or India for the past 10,000 years... we\'ve only been at it for around 250 years & here we are... far ahead of them in almost any category you can quantify."

I don\'t even know what to say about this statement. Ahead of them how? It certainly isn\'t our ability in math or science or technology for that matter. The simply fact is we dominate the Military landscape. We are far behind most industrialized nations in most respects. Health care, education, crime, etc etc. If you mean our standard of living maybe but we are not #1 in average household incomes. If you mean the freedoms that you and I get to enjoy then you have an argument but day by day those freedoms that make our country different are being widdled away.

as well as:
"I\'m sick of MY hard earned money, that I work 60-70 hours a week for, going towards food stamps & to buy shoes for crack babies! Get off your ass & start contributing to society, or starve in the street for all I care. NO HANDOUTS!"

Would you have any issue with taking HANDOUTS as you call them if you were unexpectedly fired or lost your job ?? would you call them handouts then? would you EXPECT something from the Government after working 60 - 70 hours and paying out the ass in taxes ? I expect that you would and deservedly so. I think that there is a misconception about wellfare and how it works. It would seem that there is still some stereotypes to overcome for those who are on welfare.  And what is wrong with shoes for crack babies ? Babies need shoes don\'t they ? I personally would rather my taxes go to help a poor family in the US then any family in IRAQ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

87 Billion dollars which was the extension asked for and given to this administration for IRAQ is more then the budget for Education, Infrastructure (roads and Highways) and HOMELAND security combined
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2004, 06:38:26 pm »
Whoever we are
Wherever we\'re from
We shoulda noticed by now
Our behavior is dumb
And if our chances
Expect to improve
It\'s gonna take a lot more
Than tryin\' to remove
The other race
Or the other whatever
From the face
Of the planet altogether

They call it THE EARTH
Which is a dumb kinda name
But they named it right
\'Cause we behave the same . . .
We are dumb all over
Dumb all over,
Yes we are
Dumb all over,
Near \'n far
Dumb all over,
Black \'n white
People, we is not wrapped tight

Nurds on the left
Nurds on the right
Religious fanatics
On the air every night
Sayin\' the Bible
Tells the story
\'N makes the details
Sound real gory
\'Bout what to do
If the geeks over there
Don\'t believe in the book
We got over here

You can\'t run a race
Without no feet
\'N pretty soon
There won\'t be no street
For dummies to jog on
Or doggies to dog on
Religious fanatics
Can make it be all gone
(I mean it won\'t blow up
\'N disappear
It\'ll just look ugly
For a thousand years . . . )

You can\'t run a country
By a book of religion
Not by a heap
Or a lump or a smidgeon
Of foolish rules
Of ancient date
Designed to make
You all feel great
While you fold, spindle
And mutilate
Those unbelievers
From a neighboring state

TO ARMS! TO ARMS!
Hooray! That\'s great
Two legs ain\'t bad
Unless there\'s a crate
They ship the parts
To mama in
For souvenirs: two ears (Get Down!)
Not his, not hers (but what the hey?)
The Good Book says:
"It gotta be that way!"
But their book says:
"REVENGE THE CRUSADES . . .
With whips \'n chains
\'N hand grenades . . . "
TWO ARMS? TWO ARMS?
Have another and another
Our God says:
"There ain\'t no other!"
Our God says
"It\'s all okay!"
Our God says
"This is the way!"

It says in the book:
"Burn \'n destroy . . .
\'N repent, \'n redeem
\'N revenge, \'n deploy
\'N rumble thee forth
To the land of the unbelieving scum on the other side
\'Cause they don\'t go for what\'s in the book
\'N that makes \'em BAD
So verily we must choppeth them up
And stompeth them down
Or rent a nice French bomb
To poof them out of existance
While leaving their real estate just where we need it
To use again
For temples in which to praise
OUR GOD
("Cause he can really take care of business!")

And when his humble TV servant
With humble white hair
And humble glasses
And a nice brown suit
And maybe a blonde wife who takes phone calls
Tells us our God says
It\'s okay to do this stuff
Then we gotta do it,
\'Cause if we don\'t do it,
We ain\'t gwine up to hebbin!
(Depending on which book you\'re using at the time . . . Can\'t use theirs . . . it don\'t work . . . it\'s all lies . . . Gotta use mine . . . )
Ain\'t that right?
That\'s what they say
Every night . . .
Every day . . .
Hey, we can\'t really be dumb
If we\'re just following God\'s Orders
Hey, Let\'s get serious . . .
God knows what he\'s doin\' . . .
He wrote this book here
An\' the book says:
"He made us all to be just like Him," so . . .
If we\'re dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An\' maybe even a little ugly on the side)

DUMB ALL OVER
A LITTLE UGLY ON THE SIDE
DUMB ALL OVER
DUMB ALL OVER
DUMB ALL OVER
DUMB ALL OVER
DUMB ALL OVER
DUMB ALL OVER
DUMB ALL OVER
DUMB ALL OVER

I figured it was about time we threw Frank into the mix;)
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2004, 06:39:30 pm »
Some take the bible
For what it\'s worth
When it says that the meek
Shall inherit the Earth
Well, I heard that some sheik
Has bought New Jersey last week
\'N you suckers ain\'t gettin\' nothin\'

Is Hare Rama really wrong
If you wander around
With a napkin on
With a bell on a stick
An\' your hair is all gone . . .
(The geek shall inherit nothin\')

You say yer life\'s a bum deal
\'N yer up against the wall . . .
Well, people, you ain\'t even got no kinda
Deal at all
\'Cause what they do
In Washington
They just takes care of NUMBER ONE
An\' NUMBER ONE ain\'t YOU
You ain\'t even NUMBER TWO

Those Jesus Freaks
Well, they\'re friendly but
The shit they believe
Has got their minds all shut
An\' they don\'t even care
When the church takes a cut
Ain\'t it bleak when you got so much nothin\'
(So whaddya do? Hey!)
Eat that pork
Eat that ham
Laugh till ya choke
On Billy Graham
Moses, Aaron \'n Abraham . . .
They\'re all a waste of time
\'N it\'s your ass that\'s on the line
(IT\'S YOUR ASS THAT\'S ON THE LINE)

Do what you wanna
Do what you will
Just don\'t mess up
Your neighbor\'s thrill
\'N when you pay the bill
Kindly leave a little tip
And help the next poor sucker
On his one way trip . . .
SOME TAKE THE BIBLE . . .

FOr now:):)
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
kindm\'s
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2004, 07:48:53 pm »
When I say that we are ahead of everyone else, I\'m referring to the fact that we are generally regarded as THE most powerful nation in the world.  Not just militarily, but economically, socially, and our standard of living.  As far as healthcare goes, I think it is up for debate whether everyone is entitled to free healthcare.   Entitlement is not the American Way... working to get where you want to be is.  

If I unexpectedly lost my job I would get another job.  It may be flipping burgers, digging ditches, or doing some other type of manual labor, but I would find a job before I would take handouts from the gov.  Every able-bodied person should be working.  And, nothing is wrong with crack babies having shoes... yes, babies need shoes... as long as I\'m not the one paying for them!  I\'ll take care of MY babies, but not everyone elses....
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking