Author Topic: You know Caitlin....  (Read 7324 times)

Kaliguitar

You know Caitlin....
« on: December 18, 2008, 07:09:31 am »
Most of you know Caitlin...and for the people who don\'t....she is one Adrain\'s most accomplished students.  She actually played a Breakfast gig when Adrian was home with Tangie during the birth of Gibson. (Cait still talks about that as being one of the most honored moments in her music career, to be asked to fill Adrain\'s seat)

There\'s a new band that she is involved in and I was hoping some of you might help out by joining their fan club on Facebook and Myspace. The band is being produced by two time GRAMMY award winning producer Mike Mangini (not the drummer of the same name).

The plan is to create a "kid super group" of real musicians who can actually play their instruments.  

In this video you get an idea of what the band is all about..and YES, the bassist is Caitlin\'s sister Carly.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hblQGkEEFO0

If you could, please help us build the fanbase and spread the word.  If interested in helping, go to http://www.myspace.com/kickingdaisies or go to FACEBOOK and search "Kicking Daisies"

Thanks and Happy Holidays to All...see you at Toad\'s

GLuft3

You know Caitlin....
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 07:24:42 am »
Happy to, Chris.  Your kid(s) rock!
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

stublatt

You know Caitlin....
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 11:26:24 am »
Sounds like it\'s gonna be pretty cool - and an awesome opportunity for all!!!  Best of luck, kids - rock it hard!!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
You know Caitlin....
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 12:09:28 pm »
carly owns basslovin
caress me, aunt jemima

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
You know Caitlin....
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 01:13:47 pm »
Great news, Chris!  These kids are definitely amazing musicians - best of luck :)  

Just watch out for sibling rivalry... or they\'ll be better than the Breakfast someday! ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Kaliguitar

You know Caitlin....
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 12:55:24 pm »
Thanks to everyone!!

galenas

• Global Moderator
You know Caitlin....
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 10:01:54 pm »
awesome, chris! keep us posted.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
You know Caitlin....
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 08:14:22 am »
You should lock that group of kids in the basement for a year of nonstop practice.  Only open the door to feed them raw meat and occasionally drop a new classic rock album for them to study or some type of insane guitar pedal to morph into their sound.  December 09, they\'ll emerge an insanely hungry rock and roll machine ready to tear up clubs and horrify parents.

Kaliguitar

You know Caitlin....
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 09:00:38 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;214124
You should lock that group of kids in the basement for a year of nonstop practice.  Only open the door to feed them raw meat and occasionally drop a new classic rock album for them to study or some type of insane guitar pedal to morph into their sound.  December 09, they\'ll emerge an insanely hungry rock and roll machine ready to tear up clubs and horrify parents.

LOL...Life is actually almost like that around here...

Caitlin, as you know know is very well schooled in the classics.  Zep, The Who, Stones, and of course Rush.  She\'s actually seen Rush 3 times, and also The Who and The Stones live.  Since they were babies I play all kinds of music from rock to blues and jazz.  Even before birth, my wife would put headphones on her belly.  One night, Zep or BB King another night Miles Davis....

Now I\'m slowly converting Carly. We watched The Song Remains The Same and watched half of How The West Was Won....almost 5 hours of Zep on Monday.  I had to make her go to bed because it was 11pm and she had school the next day.  

And of course, a good BREAKFAST is an essential part of any healthy rock-n-roll diet. Having Tim, Adrian and Ron coming over the house ocassionally is always a good thing.    

The house has constant music going 25/8.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
You know Caitlin....
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 06:29:44 am »
Is this that same kid from Caitlins band?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=34003090">Cats in Arms-Tritone
http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=34003090,t=1,mt=video"/>http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=34003090,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
playing with a band called Cats in Arms?

Ran across it when I was checking out the site of Chefs Table where Don\'t Ya Dangle Do It is playing tomorrow with "Jazz Quartet".  Dangle, for the love of Pete, give the band a decent name.

Kaliguitar

You know Caitlin....
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 07:05:17 am »
no...but that\'s the guitar player she\'s playing with.  Ben is now taking lessons with awesome jazz guitarist Chris Morrison and the infamous FUZZ.  The kid is a sponge and is growing by leaps everyday.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
You know Caitlin....
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 09:00:51 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;215468
Ran across it when I was checking out the site of Chefs Table where Don\'t Ya Dangle Do It is playing tomorrow with "Jazz Quartet".  Dangle, for the love of Pete, give the band a decent name.

:lol: I named it that because he didn\'t give me a name when he asked me to post it, and it is a jazz quartet. The show wasn\'t even listed on the venues web site so I had to guess. :shrug:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

SlimPickens

• just the tip
You know Caitlin....
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 12:22:04 pm »
Quote from: Kaliguitar;215471
no...but that\'s the guitar player she\'s playing with.  Ben is now taking lessons with awesome jazz guitarist Chris Morrison and the infamous FUZZ.  The kid is a sponge and is growing by leaps everyday.

By "Is this that same kid from Caitlins band?", I meant the guitar player.  Did you think I was talking about the 30 year old african american dude on drums?

Kaliguitar

You know Caitlin....
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 04:06:48 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;215507
Quote from: Kaliguitar;215471

By "Is this that same kid from Caitlins band?", I meant the guitar player.  Did you think I was talking about the 30 year old african american dude on drums?

LOL...sorry, in my hazy early morning fog I read your question wrong.  

The correct answer is:  YES

inthewhitelodge

You know Caitlin....
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 06:48:36 pm »
Quote from: Kaliguitar;214127
Quote from: SlimPickens;214124

LOL...Life is actually almost like that around here...

Caitlin, as you know know is very well schooled in the classics.  Zep, The Who, Stones, and of course Rush.  She\'s actually seen Rush 3 times, and also The Who and The Stones live.  Since they were babies I play all kinds of music from rock to blues and jazz.  Even before birth, my wife would put headphones on her belly.  One night, Zep or BB King another night Miles Davis....

Now I\'m slowly converting Carly. We watched The Song Remains The Same and watched half of How The West Was Won....almost 5 hours of Zep on Monday.  I had to make her go to bed because it was 11pm and she had school the next day.  

And of course, a good BREAKFAST is an essential part of any healthy rock-n-roll diet. Having Tim, Adrian and Ron coming over the house ocassionally is always a good thing.    

The house has constant music going 25/8.

I stumbled upon Caitlin some months ago and am hugely astounded and impressed! I esp. enjoy seeing chicks rock out on instruments-- it sounds like the exposure to bands like Led Zep and Rush were just what the music doctor could\'ve ordered; zep is one of my all-time classic faves...
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave: