Author Topic: Breakfast in TN, so is TAB  (Read 7973 times)

HarryHooood

• Above The Waves Joe
    • http://
Breakfast in TN, so is TAB
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 06:27:04 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
Looks like I maybe hoping to Gabe my way to the Hammerstein both nights........

My friend and I had absolutely no problem getting into the Trey show when he played there in \'03.  We were given 2 free tickets by 2 different people after walking around outside the Hammerstein for no more than 5 minutes.  I actually ended up leaving during setbreak to go see the Biscuits at BB King\'s (Luckily for me, that turned out to be the best decision I\'ve ever made :lol:).

And that was when his band was at least semi-decent.  Last night looks like a kickass setlist (In The Light AND Knives Out!?!), but I\'ve heard nothing but horrible reviews so far.  Hopefully they\'ll get better as the tour progresses.  I\'m keeping my fingers crossed

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 06:29:04 pm »
Stick a fork in red beard. Unless that band is practicing consitently on the tour bus I doubt they\'ll get any better... I mean Trey has the bass player from Good Charlotte for christ sakes!!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 06:29:39 pm »
someone post a quote of a review that you heard about this show that was "pitiful"....i am curious to know, but dont really care enough to search it out....

i am sure most of the reviews are coming from assholes like us on some other internet slanderboard.....the internet rules...

Quote from: Joe
Stick a fork in red beard. Unless that band is practicing consitently on the tour bus I doubt they\'ll get any better... I mean Trey has the bass player from Good Charlotte for christ sakes!!!

its posts like this that make me want to start a Ban Joe From .Info poll thread...
but i will take a deep breath and count to 13
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 06:32:36 pm »
Why Steve because I don\'t lap up everything a musician does?  because I have a valid, informed musical opinion?  It\'s people like you that feed into a band\'s laziness and musical apathy and it\'s sad, it really is.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 06:36:03 pm »
Trey has the bass player from Good Charlotte for christ sakes!!!

is this for real, or just a point!

if Trey really has the Good Charlotte bass player in the band, then he is fucked...
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 06:37:04 pm »
Reviews
 just got back from Trey at the Landmark and i dont know what to say. Honestly the worst show i have ever seen or heard. The only highlight was the intermission music which was bob marley. Half the audience was seated throughout the show. The setlist was the same as higher ground a month ago except rotated around and without its ice or 46 days. by the encore people were yelling for the new deal to come back on.

Posted: 26 Apr 2005 20:40    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got back from the show (I\'m at work now... ugh) and it\'s all true. What an awful show. All of Trey\'s new songs are garbage... repitative, dull, unimaginative garbage. Here\'s the setlist as best I could figure it out (I don\'t know the new stuff well):

Set 1:
Come As Energy -- Not bad
Dr Jonesy -- Awful
Limbo -- Dull
Goodbye Hands (?) -- Awful
Night Speaks -- Actually pretty good. Only cogent jam of the whole show.
Something really shitty
Slip Away -- Bad song, awful jam
Drifting -- Not terrible

Set 2:
Mr Completely -- I like this song but the jam was god awful
Something unbelievably dull and crappy
Another suckfest
Talk -- Solo acoustic
Love Is Freedom -- Acoustic but not solo. I hate this song with every fiber of my being. Walking out to the car with my friends post-show I started singing it at the top of my lungs just to be obnoxious.
Cincinatti -- This song would be OK if it wasn\'t just one verse after another (there were about 10, no joke) over the same few power chords. Awful jam.
Low -- Same as above. A song that would be decent if it wasn\'t repetitive and dull and followed by a snooze-fest jam.
I Am the Walrus -- Straight-up cover

E: Host Across the Potomac -- Trey said he wrote this song last week and they\'d only practiced it once (he said after that, "We\'ve seriously played each of these new songs like once"... he seemed to think it was funny, audience wasnt laughing). Anyway, it shows.
E: Some sappy song about Phish breaking up, acoustic

Jesus what a snorefest. By the second set at least half of the audience had given up on Trey and sat through the show. I stood the whole time because I really wanted to believe Trey would come through. Too bad he didn\'t. Let me sum up my review:

The new band sucks
The new songs are the worst things I\'ve ever heard
Trey is still playing like he\'s at Coventry

Do not go to see him on this tour. Those $45 tickets are not worth $5. Ugh. A wasted evening.

lot of people were booing by the end of the second set. Sitting crowd... empty seats... booing... it couldn\'t have been made much clearer to him that the show was not well received.

If I had tickets to see him I would sell them immediately.

Then again, you should probably wait for a torrent of tonight\'s show so you can listen and judge for yourself. But I\'m serious about getting rid of them quickly. After he does a couple more crap shows you won\'t be able to give tickets away.... 4th row or 40th.

it is a sad state.

but even sadder is the fact that Trey admitted to the crowd that they had only had 3 rehearsals together as a group before taking the stage together. that is completely ridiculous.

The show was weak. 1/2 hearted playing, sloppy transitions & as bluenote said only a few of the songs even had "jams". the rest just sounded like a watered down, adult comptemporary, VH1-wannabe version of Phish. I spent about 1/2 the show on the 1st row & in the pit. & you could see no one in the band knew what to do. No one was following each other. Trey kwpt looking around at skeeto trying to get him on the same page. One song started with Skeeto & then Trey changed his mind & had the band leave the stage so he could do "Talk"

the booing descriptions are very exaggerated. There were a few cocksuckers you yelled things out really loud during the quiet parts like "Trey fucking sucks" or "fuck you trey" 2 little punks yelled next to the taping section while I was back there right before the encore & about 3 dudes converged on them to quit being pussies & fucking up the tapes on purpose. They thought it was funny til one of the larger tapers got in their face & they skulked away..... No doubt you\'ll be able to hear it on the tapes though.

Its sad to hear it come to this.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2005, 06:39:24 pm »
Joe,take A Fucking Hike Man!!
Thanks,freddie
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005, 06:44:56 pm »
Freddie, if you weren\'t friends with the band I GURANTEE you you\'d be the most hated fan of this band.  You don\'t post anything constructive. You have the humor of a learning disabled thirteen year old boy,  you annoy the hell out of message boards, giving TB a REAL bad name.  Blah Blah....

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005, 06:53:20 pm »
Joe,i Am Friends With The Band And Folks Still Hate Me.
Think I Care?
Nope.
Think Youll Call Me A Learning Disabled 13 Year Old Boy In My Presence?
Guaranteed Not.
::end Of Discussion::

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005, 06:53:46 pm »
Trust me, it looks WAY better on paper than it actually is.  I heard the show....  Pitiful...

link?

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005, 06:55:11 pm »
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=13844
here ya go Dave:)

Freddie, I would.  I have nothing to fucking lose. I don\'t care....

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2005, 06:56:46 pm »

Freddie, I would.  I have nothing to fucking lose. I don\'t care....

ACTUALLY YOU DO.
AND YOUR PROBABLY MISTAKE THEM FOR RED CHICKLETS.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2005, 06:58:36 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
Trust me, it looks WAY better on paper than it actually is.  I heard the show....  Pitiful...

link?

no, i saw that.. i mean the link to the show you said you heard, which couldn\'t have been this one, since no one has downloaded more than 36% of it yet.. :confused:

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2005, 07:00:51 pm »
bwahahahhahahahhaha....Freddie, it\'s called castration...

"Al Let\'s have sex"...

"No Peg"... FLUSHHHHH!!!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2005, 07:02:12 pm »
joe thanks for posting a bunch of jerkoff posts from obnoxious morons like yourself.....i was looking for something a bit more i guess.....

and i have never actually uttered this word toward anyone...but joe...you define choad...
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph