Author Topic: Paul Ryan’s <aka frankzappa> Stag!!  (Read 6910 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Paul Ryan’s <aka frankzappa> Stag!!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2005, 03:22:52 pm »
As some people have asked, yes you will be able to purchase tickets at the door to get in.

!!!IMPORTANT!!! The entrance to the building is off of a side street, Columbus Ave. Turn down Columbus ave, and it will be on your left, a sign says Elks club parking. Turn in, and you will be behind the building. When facing the back of the building, the entrance is on the left-hand side, just follow the sidewalk.

If this lot fills up, there is a comuter lot on the other side of columbus ave. Go back out, and almost directly across the street, there are several lots. Some of them are private though, so look at the signs before parking over there.

"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• Administrator
spontanious setlist creation
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2005, 05:51:32 pm »
just got this approved by the band today:

At the stag this saturday, we will be creating the setlist spontaniously. The band will have no idea what songs they will be playing, and neither will we. A list of the 55 (54 if you count eschers as one song)  songs in the bands current rotation will all be written down onto a slightly larger than normal deck of cards. These will be shuffled, and randomly durning jams and in between songs, the next song will be pulled out of the deck to create the setlist.

Betting on the setlist a la\' UAC will be open, but unlike UAC, Adrian wont be able to stack no glove to his advantage. Every song has as great a chance of being preformed as any other song, 1-1 ratio. This will either lead to the craziest or most mundain setlist ever, but it will be interesting never the less.

If people want, I\'ll post the list of songs, or it can just be a suprize for the show. Also, check the stag thread, as I have made corrections to the directions.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2005, 05:58:18 pm »
SER.......

Who\'s got my heady stag nitrous?
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2005, 05:58:50 pm »
You should remove some of the most frequently played tunes and replace them with some special covers (ex - Inca Roads).
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2005, 06:24:39 pm »
I will not be crush-n-blowing xanex this night. confirmed
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2005, 06:38:30 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
I will not be crush-n-blowing xanex this night. confirmed
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2005, 08:04:31 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
You should remove some of the most frequently played tunes and replace them with some special covers (ex - Inca Roads).

I thought of that, but i think this is more fair. If on the off chance they actually could play inca, I\'d be happier than al z listening to a Kote>Love Lake>Late and the Great>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex show at butterfield.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2005, 08:16:00 pm »
Would this mark the first all-originals Breakfast show?
Masturbation in the MFA

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2005, 09:19:27 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
Would this mark the first all-originals Breakfast show?

Wheel of Breakfast Fortune at the Electric Co?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2005, 09:21:14 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa
Quote from: alexanderzurflu

I thought of that, but i think this is more fair. If on the off chance they actually could play inca, I\'d be happier than al z listening to a Kote>Love Lake>Late and the Great>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex show at butterfield.

Still going to be a great and unique show given the method of selecting songs.  I do hope that they throw in a special encore song or two for you.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2005, 07:12:55 am »
I was thinking about this last night, and technically, it’s not a 1-1 betting scheme. Once a song is played, that card is removed from the deck, so if you pick a song, at the beginning of the show, it will have a 55-1 chance of being played... but if set 1 is 10 songs long, and you place a bet between sets, then your chances are now 45-1, etc. For each song played that you didn\'t pick, your chances of that song being picked increase exponentially by 1.

just keeping it fair.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2005, 08:46:29 am »
Add Love Lake to the list!  Please! I also think it would be appropriate to finally bust out Inca Roads for this event....
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2005, 09:34:19 am »
Zapp,

really turning this into an event noone should have to miss!!!!

can\'t wait, buddy!

congrats, once again.

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNfox000\' target=\'_blank\'>http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_35.gif\' alt=\'Tombstone\' border=0>
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2005, 11:06:01 am »
Any tapers going (and taping)?  Certain people (I won\'t mention names) are too young to go to bachelor parties.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2005, 11:09:44 am »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley
Any tapers going (and taping)?  Certain people (I won\'t mention names) are too young to go to bachelor parties.

certain people are in ireland, so they got a double whammy going!