Author Topic: WTC The Movie- too soon?  (Read 2832 times)

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
WTC The Movie- too soon?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 01:20:24 pm »
i saw the flight 93 movie shortly after it came out--definitely a very emotional and painful film to watch. as much as i think that greedy directors/film makers might be exploiting 911, it\'s important for people who were not so close to what happened to understand the magnitude of just how bad it was. i hate to say it, but i think that a lot of people have in some ways forgotten or put 911 far behind them. there are also the people who live far away from the east coast and didn\'t fully comprehend the level of chaos and the impact of the attacks on the world trade center, pentagon, etc. i have a much higher opinion of the producers of flight 93 who showed more respect to the families of victims, but i can\'t say much about the wtc movie because i haven\'t seen it yet. as painful as it was for me to watch flight 93, i really think that it\'s important for people to see these films to educate those who do not have a full understanding of how horrible an event that was. it\'s also important to remember who our enemies are and how ridiculous it is that people like osama bin laden have not been found/could still be alive (this is a whole other topic that i\'m not going to bitch about because i will offend people).

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
WTC The Movie- too soon?
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 02:32:27 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
i saw the flight 93 movie shortly after it came out--definitely a very emotional and painful film to watch. as much as i think that greedy directors/film makers might be exploiting 911, it\'s important for people who were not so close to what happened to understand the magnitude of just how bad it was. i hate to say it, but i think that a lot of people have in some ways forgotten or put 911 far behind them. there are also the people who live far away from the east coast and didn\'t fully comprehend the level of chaos and the impact of the attacks on the world trade center, pentagon, etc. i have a much higher opinion of the producers of flight 93 who showed more respect to the families of victims, but i can\'t say much about the wtc movie because i haven\'t seen it yet. as painful as it was for me to watch flight 93, i really think that it\'s important for people to see these films to educate those who do not have a full understanding of how horrible an event that was. it\'s also important to remember who our enemies are and how ridiculous it is that people like osama bin laden have not been found/could still be alive (this is a whole other topic that i\'m not going to bitch about because i will offend people).

what bitching on .info...... heated conversations.... here..... no way
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-