Author Topic: Covers the Breakfast should drop....  (Read 3980 times)

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
Covers the Breakfast should drop....
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2005, 03:54:33 pm »
Damn - that great s show and we can\'t get to hear it!! (Yet?? I live in hope.) I wonder how many other shows there are out there. Still I can\'t complain - lost count of the pb/b\'fast/timmy shows I have thanks to the generosity of the guys here.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2005, 02:30:26 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Quote from: Mark

YEM
Stash
Down with Disease (Dave knows the drum part!)
Golgi
Sample in A Jar
Weigh
Rift
It\'s Ice
The Wedge
Horn
Wilson

I think this is every Phish tune I would like to hear them play. Especially a DWD. Weigh would be classic. The Wedge would bring a tear to my eye.
Wilson, Wilson, Play Wilson

Quote from: plainandsimple
Quote from: Spacey
Quote from: Mark

YEM
Stash
Down with Disease (Dave knows the drum part!)
Golgi
Sample in A Jar
Weigh
Rift
It\'s Ice
The Wedge
Horn
Wilson

I think this is every Phish tune I would like to hear them play. Especially a DWD. Weigh would be classic. The Wedge would bring a tear to my eye.
Wilson, Wilson, Play Wilson
Oh ya, Drop that f\'n message in a bottle. This cover acually makes the people in the front row retreat for a smoke(BAD)
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

YoMa

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2005, 02:33:48 pm »
Dear Breakfast,
 Please play Life On Mars? it would be a great cover for you. it\'s a little tough vocally but overall i can really hear you doing this masterpiece some justice. it is my favorite Bowie song and absolutely went nuts when hearing Phish do it. back in \'95, \'96 they would play this with so much passion and emotion. over the years it started losing it\'s energy but i feel you can pick up where they left off. thanks.

ps. and if you\'re going to cover zappa, do Packard Goose!!! Tim, get your sister to come do the "Music is the best" part. that would be epic.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2005, 11:15:30 am »
^^Wait Phish has played it ..........No way then.....

Packard Goose done!

February 15th, 2003 - Pearl Street; Northampton, MA
I: Puppetry, Hard Luck Harry > The Vermont Song, Good Times Bad Times > Frankly Po Zest > Beef Barley > Frankly Po Zest, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Score
E: Packard Goose*, LDZ > Lit, Rockin\' In The Free World
* Frank Zappa cover; first time played.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

iambmat2

• http://
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2005, 06:04:42 pm »
Has anybody heard this one? ...cause I would really like to see it again... and it\'s the hottest effin cover tune I have ever heard.

It was at the Electric Co. while the band was doing a sound check, last year, I can\'t remember which show. However it was, to this day, one of the most ROCKING songs I\'ve ever heard...

Hot For Teacher by VanHalen (the good VanHalen)

The drums, the guitar hero antics. It was stellar
Sucha \'Fuhkin\' Axl.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2005, 10:01:17 pm »
umphreys covers that song where the drummer sings and its actually pretty impressive.

i heard an old phil collins song the other day that TB would fuckin tear up, im gonna go look it up real quick and get right back.

shouldve said Genesis. but its "Land Of Confusion"   adrian would tear it a new ass. cool song overall.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash