Author Topic: Tea Leith Green>  (Read 1193 times)

Whathefunk

Tea Leith Green>
« on: November 19, 2005, 04:38:30 pm »
so i wanted to give a lil review of the TLG show i went to weds at the iron horse....but, its been a long weekend (and its only friday) and the memories are a bit fuzzy, considering i got extremely trashed for the past three days straight.  but i wanted to do this anyway before i go out tonite and lose any memories that may have lingered.  

That may be a funny way to start a review of a show that completely kicked my ass!  these guys are nice, take it from me.   the first set was entertaining yet mellow, with a bunch of songs that didn\'t really go anywhere, except the second and last songs, i believe, which did have some really nice heated funk jams attached to them.  If i had left after the first set i would have walked away pretty dissapointed.....

but fortunately this was a two setter and i had already paid my 8 bucks, and had no plan of leaving at this point.  So at this point a lil unimpressed, but see potential in these guys.  I kept tipping back BBC after BBC and by the time the second set started i was a bit off my rocker.  And the guys came back in full force!  really tearing it up for the entire second set and blowing my funkin\' head off!  I kept yelling out of excitement, "KEEP IT FUNKY!!!!"  and they did.  The guitarist, not sure of his name, would laugh everytime i yelled....cause if any of you can imagine the iron horse, i was basically on stage, standing to the left of the stage in the lil area the band has to step off for the encore.  But anyway, the guys kept ripping it for the rest of the night and i got to toast with the band as they took shots on stage and got to talk to a couple of them after the show.....really chill guys, especially the guitarist, he was loving how fucking drunk and beligerent i was.

leith.....hope you made it this far,cause i gots a quick question.....how can i get a setlist from this show? not on archive or they\'re website yet. if anyone knows i would appreciate it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 04:43:23 pm by Whathefunk »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 04:42:37 pm »
how come they got 2 sets at the Iron Horse but the Breakfast always get 1 75 minute set?

Whathefunk

Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 04:45:29 pm »
i think it had more to do with the band getting their shit together and getting on stage right after the opener was done than anything else.....its to bad too, cause it really made the show that much better to have two sets.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 04:56:31 pm »
Josh Clark has some nastee chops.....I like when he holds notes for an eternity, a la Wankastasio...
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 05:23:34 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
how come they got 2 sets at the Iron Horse but the Breakfast always get 1 75 minute set?

Payed attendance may have something to do with it.....

Mikey, how stuffed was the place?
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Whathefunk

Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 05:29:32 pm »
it was a weds night but i would say turnout wasn\'t great for these guys.  we def got more people in there for the breakfast. like at least twice as many, so i don\'t think attendance had anything to do with it really.  the opening band, ashekic record or something was pretty short and off the stage by 9:30 so that may have had something to do with it as well.

Quote from: Buquebus
Josh Clark has some nastee chops.....I like when he holds notes for an eternity, a la Wankastasio...

agreed.  he does have some trey-like tendency\'s , as does the band sound a bit phishy at times....but i think some more time on the road and this band will find their own sound a bit more.

davepeck

• Administrator
Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 05:29:48 pm »
great thread title right there.. didn\'t even notice it on the first read! that\'s good shit..

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 05:40:03 pm »
Quote from: Whathefunk
so i wanted to give a lil review of the TLG show i went to weds at the iron horse....but, its been a long weekend (and its only friday) and the memories are a bit fuzzy, considering i got extremely trashed for the past three days straight.  but i wanted to do this anyway before i go out tonite and lose any memories that may have lingered.  

That may be a funny way to start a review of a show that completely kicked my ass!  these guys are nice, take it from me.   the first set was entertaining yet mellow, with a bunch of songs that didn\'t really go anywhere, except the second and last songs, i believe, which did have some really nice heated funk jams attached to them.  If i had left after the first set i would have walked away pretty dissapointed.....

but fortunately this was a two setter and i had already paid my 8 bucks, and had no plan of leaving at this point.  So at this point a lil unimpressed, but see potential in these guys.  I kept tipping back BBC after BBC and by the time the second set started i was a bit off my rocker.  And the guys came back in full force!  really tearing it up for the entire second set and blowing my funkin\' head off!  I kept yelling out of excitement, "KEEP IT FUNKY!!!!"  and they did.  The guitarist, not sure of his name, would laugh everytime i yelled....cause if any of you can imagine the iron horse, i was basically on stage, standing to the left of the stage in the lil area the band has to step off for the encore.  But anyway, the guys kept ripping it for the rest of the night and i got to toast with the band as they took shots on stage and got to talk to a couple of them after the show.....really chill guys, especially the guitarist, he was loving how fucking drunk and beligerent i was.

leith.....hope you made it this far,cause i gots a quick question.....how can i get a setlist from this show? not on archive or they\'re website yet. if anyone knows i would appreciate it.

With a thread title like that how could I not? Here you go.

Rapture
Warm Up
I\'m Not Fit
If IT Wasn\'t For The Money
5000 Acres
Hanging From A Tree
Garden Pt. 1
Garden Pt. 2
Panspermic De-evolution

Criminal Intent
Incandescent Devil
Little Hood
Steal Your Imagination
Flippin\' The Bird (With Trevor on Harmonica)
Hot Dog >
Tequila
Georgie P
Can You Guess It?
Earth And Sky
Taught To Be Proud

Franz Hanzerbeak
Death CAKE

Damn good setlist right there. I can see the heavy hitters in the 2nd set but how was the Panspermic to end 1st set? That song always rages! DE-EVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Whathefunk

Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 05:48:29 pm »
Quote from: leith
Quote from: Whathefunk

With a thread title like that how could I not? Here you go.

Rapture
Warm Up
I\'m Not Fit
If IT Wasn\'t For The Money
5000 Acres
Hanging From A Tree
Garden Pt. 1
Garden Pt. 2
Panspermic De-evolution

Criminal Intent
Incandescent Devil
Little Hood
Steal Your Imagination
Flippin\' The Bird (With Trevor on Harmonica)
Hot Dog >
Tequila
Georgie P
Can You Guess It?
Earth And Sky
Taught To Be Proud

Franz Hanzerbeak
Death CAKE

Damn good setlist right there. I can see the heavy hitters in the 2nd set but how was the Panspermic to end 1st set? That song always rages! DE-EVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice! thanks brah!  

the song to end the first set was probly one of the best jams of the night....really got me and i think the rest of the crowd really ready to go nuts in the second set.
people were yelling for geogia p all night so they played it by request i guess, as the guitarist said, "this one\'s for all you georgia p lovers out there!"
the encore was basically decided by me and the guitarist, as i basically broke into the circle (you know the band group hug thing that bands do before an encore) and said, "we have to keep it funky guys" and the other members of the band were a bit taken back by my prescence i think, but the guitarist was like, "yeah!" listen to that guy.

ahh man good times

leith

Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 06:12:33 pm »
Cool.  Georgie P. is one of those rarely played gems. Lucky you. As for the encore, nice going! Franz is a new tune I haven\'t heard live yet but I hear it\'s good and you can\'t end a TLG show any better than DEATH CAKE!!!!!!!
All the guys are pretty cool but Josh and Ben are by far my favorite to talk to. Glad you had fun.

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 07:11:53 pm »
Wow, does that mean there are now three tlg fans here?? We\'ll be asking for our own sub-forum next - only joking dave. :)
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

leith

Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 07:38:31 pm »
Actually there is 4. MARK is a fan also. :)

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 09:37:32 pm »
bring back the TLG/PB co bills, that\'d be illin\'.. my kidzzz were at the 4/20/04 (maybe 03?)  show at Cervante\'s in Denver... good shit, and the cross pollination set is HEADEEEEEEE.
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

leith

Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 09:49:16 pm »
The Bfast and TLG would be too much for some to handle @ this point. The combined forces of the bands would cause some severe mental damage for those not prepared. Imagine Tim guesting on Morning Sun, Ron on Panspermic, Jordan on Ride Together, Adrian on any song. Then there is always Josh on Gladys, **** on of course Phaddy, Scott on Spunk and Trevor singing Question Mark. Oh we can dream.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
Tea Leith Green>
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 09:12:00 am »
Just got the new CD, after one listen so far I give it :thumbsup::thumbsup:
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07