Author Topic: No more free Breakfast  (Read 8926 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2010, 06:18:41 pm »
I\'d just like to say that I am all for whatever the band thinks will be best for them to keep going. I also will buy whatever they decide to put out. Westcott!!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2010, 09:18:30 am »
IMO....... this is 5 years too late. the people who would have shelled out top dollar for good recordings audio or video are gone but better late then never. but if your going to do it make these show available in a timely manner for Christ sakes. there are still people starving over the freak\'n NYE show.... put up the freak\'n audio files for 5o cents a song and make money..... i dont freak\'n get it?
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

shadygroove

• Local Bohemean
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2010, 01:00:21 pm »

Look, I\'m stuck in Iowa and 4 years ago I could drive within a 6 hour radius and catch at least one show a year. No more. I nor anyone I convince to enjoy listening to The Breakfast will drive to the East coast to see a show even if our only other option is to pay for a live recording. I play music and blow ALL my money and ALL my free time to do it. I do it because I love the thrill of jamming with quality musicians. I\'m not looking to make money off of it because I\'m not willing to tour. Touring is how a band succeeds and pulls in profits.

Unless of course TB wants to start doing studio cuts of show tunes. Maybe the next ****s or Lost theme-song. That would generate more revenue then selling shows to a select number of fans.

Given what I\'ve said, I\'m only salty because I never get to see my favorite performers perform. TB. I\'ll always support you and continue to listen to all the CD\'s I paid full $$ for, but it\'s all in or all out guys.
Plant yourself in the minds of others so you may grow in them as you do yourself.

Mamalakabubadaya

No more free Breakfast
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2010, 02:29:50 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;252575
Quote from: jking;252574
nice, spacey! you should offer those up on other boards next.

I\'m not on other boards anymore.

I am going to get a list of all the DVDs available and post it.

This is something I have wanted to do for a couple of months. Have spoken to people about it.

While I appreciate the dvds and effort. They would be going to much better use circulating amongst people who have not heard or are not as fortunate to have the Breakfast in the backyard.

i also have a ton of these dvds and would love to see them go to people outside of the state of ct/northeast. i\'ll have a list of dvds up for grabs on here sometime this week.

Quote from: derickw;252617
IMO....... this is 5 years too late. the people who would have shelled out top dollar for good recordings audio or video are gone but better late then never. but if your going to do it make these show available in a timely manner for Christ sakes. there are still people starving over the freak\'n NYE show.... put up the freak\'n audio files for 5o cents a song and make money..... i dont freak\'n get it?
:that:

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2010, 03:18:56 pm »
shadygrove has a good point.... sucks for those out of the area especially.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

peaches626

No more free Breakfast
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2010, 04:30:57 pm »
Quote from: shadygroove;252626

Look, I\'m stuck in Iowa and 4 years ago I could drive within a 6 hour radius and catch at least one show a year. No more. I nor anyone I convince to enjoy listening to The Breakfast will drive to the East coast to see a show even if our only other option is to pay for a live recording. I play music and blow ALL my money and ALL my free time to do it. I do it because I love the thrill of jamming with quality musicians. I\'m not looking to make money off of it because I\'m not willing to tour. Touring is how a band succeeds and pulls in profits.

Unless of course TB wants to start doing studio cuts of show tunes. Maybe the next ****s or Lost theme-song. That would generate more revenue then selling shows to a select number of fans.

Given what I\'ve said, I\'m only salty because I never get to see my favorite performers perform. TB. I\'ll always support you and continue to listen to all the CD\'s I paid full $$ for, but it\'s all in or all out guys.

Haha! great graph, i love how the gypsy\'s are soary chip\'d
taints rule, gypsies drool!

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2010, 05:06:57 pm »
if anyone wants to post/send/give me any b\'fast/side project dvd\'s/raw video I\'ll gladly post it online (LMA or bt.etree.org) and return the dvd\'s.  I was seeding Harper\'s Ferry and Crash Mansion dvds (wasn\'t at either) for many months until I moved and lost the data.

*Want data, will seed*

also, I drunkenly mentioned to Ken one night that I would post the HD Kung Fu dvd\'s online, but I would like to get explicit permission from the band and Ken before I do anything, since they are the ones doing all the work (and would be highly paid [in cash] in my perfect world).  yea/nay?  (iirc Dave Livolsi started the group, would he be the one to ask?)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:26:38 pm by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2010, 05:32:01 pm »
I can put you in contact with dave if you need. PM me

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 12:12:31 am »
Quote from: peaches626;252640
Quote from: shadygroove;252626

Haha! great graph, i love how the gypsy\'s are soary chip\'d

:doh::no::sadban:
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 12:14:06 pm »
Speaking as someone who has never yet seen the band, despite being a fan for nearly 10 years, I am in two minds over this decision. On the one hand, I can see how they might want, and more importantly, definitely need,to make money and HQ downloads could be the way. And yes, depending on setlists, I will probably buy a few - well, I have bought just about everything else I\'ve been able to track down that they\'ve ever put out (still searching for that elusive 1st album though), so why stop now?!

However, on the other hand, unless by some miracle, I can win the lottery and can travel Stateside or the band finally get their deserved break and tour the UK, I am highly unlikely to see them in concert. For this reason, I am limited to what DVDs I can get online or via kind folks who have hooked me up with stuff in the past. I have seen hardly any of Ken\'s raved about productions and would dearly love to see more. Seems a shame. :(

Oh and if anyone could hook me up with the Kung Fu DVDs either...
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2010, 11:42:32 am »
Does this mean Tuna can\'t release The Breakfast\'s Thanksgiving ChrisPitchFest Double CD Project Giveaway? :duck:
Smell my mule.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2010, 11:49:11 am »
Quote from: boombox;252706
Speaking as someone who has never yet seen the band, despite being a fan for nearly 10 years, I am in two minds over this decision. On the one hand, I can see how they might want, and more importantly, definitely need,to make money and HQ downloads could be the way. And yes, depending on setlists, I will probably buy a few - well, I have bought just about everything else I\'ve been able to track down that they\'ve ever put out (still searching for that elusive 1st album though), so why stop now?!

However, on the other hand, unless by some miracle, I can win the lottery and can travel Stateside or the band finally get their deserved break and tour the UK, I am highly unlikely to see them in concert. For this reason, I am limited to what DVDs I can get online or via kind folks who have hooked me up with stuff in the past. I have seen hardly any of Ken\'s raved about productions and would dearly love to see more. Seems a shame. :(

You, sir, deserve some of what I have.

Will be writing down the DVDs this weekend for everyone.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2010, 02:26:17 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;252743
Does this mean Tuna can\'t release The Breakfast\'s Thanksgiving ChrisPitchFest Double CD Project Giveaway? :duck:

platinum-plated limited edition coming to a parallel universe near you
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2010, 06:05:29 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;252745

Just cheered me up no end! :)
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
No more free Breakfast
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2010, 08:51:50 pm »
Quote from: boombox;252762
Quote from: Spacey;252745

Just cheered me up no end! :)

Me too... that Spaceman, what a guy!  top notch I\'ve always said!
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.