Author Topic: Conspirator @ Daniel Street Jan 7th  (Read 2708 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
Conspirator @ Daniel Street Jan 7th
« on: December 14, 2010, 05:41:03 pm »
Conspirator Confirms Series of Unique “Full Band” Performances

Chris Michetti and Rotating Cast of Drummers Will Solidify Lineup and Sound

PHILADELPHIA, PA – Conspirator, the duo of Disco Biscuits’ staples Marc Brownstein and Aron Magner which often feature guest musicians in the live setting, has announced a series of “full band” performances featuring Chris Michetti and a rotating cast of first-class drummers, a concept that is both new and refreshing for the band and fans, alike.

While Brownstein and Magner have occasionally invited other musicians to their live shows, the “new Conspirator” promises to be a never-before-experienced, “full band” sound that will emerge not only from the group’s mentality, but by featuring a solidified, returning, 4-piece lineup.

Live music fans have come to embrace Conspirator for their signature high energy, electronic-based sets and their legendary album, The Key, which has been a staple of the band’s live repertoire for years. Now, with a firmly set 4-piece band, fans can expect performances featuring increased live improv and a refreshing musical flow, peppered with some surprises. Inspired by new collaborations and the combined musical histories of the performers, Conspirator is set to get the scene talking in 2011.

“Our different combinations have been practicing for these shows, and we have already performed a couple with Michetti. Getting a taste of the ‘new Conspirator’ was refreshing and exciting,” said Brownstein. “Being in the midst of the band’s vibe has really got me ready to hit the road with these guys. I’m just as pumped up as anyone else in the room when I’m on stage. There are really exciting places a full band, this full band, can take the classic Conspirator sound. It’s a whole new show each night.”

Known throughout the live music world for high energy, creative guitar shredding with his band RAQ, Chris Michetti became much more familiar to Disco Biscuits fans throughout 2009 when he periodically accompanied the band on stage at places like Red Rocks, Camp Bisco, and on a number of Spring Tour performances. Michetti has recently lent his signature handiwork to Conspirator during performances earlier this December, and anyone who caught the early phases of the “new Conspirator” will undeniably be psyched for round two and beyond.

Termed the “pre-destined, great modern drummer” by DRUMMERWORLD, Berklee-trained Adam Deitch has recently made waves with his project Break Science. Deitch is perhaps best known for his eclectic collaborations, New York City residencies, and sit-ins that have seen him partner with the likes of John Scofield, Soulive, Jurassic 5, Mos Def, and Erika Badu. Deitch is currently confirmed to join Conspirator through mid-December.

Lane Shaw exploded onto the live music scene as one-third of the Pnuma Trio. Shaw has recently, and notably, collaborated with the likes of N*E*R*D, Diplo, and DJ Benzi with his latest musical project, Mansions on the Moon. Shaw was once asked to take a crack at an autobiography, and simply listed “drums, boats, and Steely Dan.” He will perform with Conspirator throughout the Northeast in early January.

http://www.DiscoBiscuits.com

The current list of confirmed Conspirator dates is as follows:
12/16/10 – Lincoln Theatre, Raleigh, NC – w/ Chris Michetti + Adam Deitch

12/17/10 – New Earth Music Hall, Athens, GA – w/ Chris Michetti + Adam Deitch

12/18/10 – Hat Factory, Richmond, VA – w/ Chris Michetti + Adam Deitch

1/5/11 – Brooklyn Bowl, Brooklyn, NY – w/ Chris Michetti + Lane Shaw

1/6/11 – Royale, Boston, MA – w/ Chris Michetti + Lane Shaw

1/7/11 – Daniel Street, Milford, CT – w/ Chris Michetti + Lane Shaw

1/8/11 – Chameleon Club, Lancaster, PA – w/ Chris Michetti + Lane Shaw

We need to get Adrian on drums (sorry, lane shaw...) and some Breakfast/KungFu collaboration action on this Daniel Street performance! Conspirator is really sick.  Would make for one ser bizz birthday celebration for yours truly.  :D

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 06:17:39 pm »
Yeah, Adrian would destroy!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 06:46:59 pm »
looks like a fun time, definitely will try and make it to this...
Where to next?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:11:40 pm »
Quote from: galenas;264054
We need to get Adrian on drums (sorry, lane shaw...) and some Breakfast/KungFu collaboration action on this Daniel Street performance! Conspirator is really sick.  Would make for one ser bizz birthday celebration for yours truly.  :D

Wait, pawty?!?!?!?!?
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 01:47:46 pm »
Quote from: Mark;264077
Quote from: galenas;264054

Wait, pawty?!?!?!?!?

hells yeah, buddy!!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 01:51:58 pm »
d street is a very convenient location for pre/postgame activities at the pearl
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 02:40:26 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;264080

wanna host my birthday party? maybe i can melt one of eric\'s tupperwear. thx for bringin the pyrex to Opus, btw zuke! very very much appreciated
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:04:42 pm by galenas »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 05:25:09 pm »
Quote from: galenas;264082

wanna host my birthday party? maybe i can melt one of eric\'s tupperwear. thx for bringin the pyrex to Opus, btw zuke! very very much appreciated

still up to celebrate? it may be a game time decision as i\'ve got a bit of travel to do this week, but i\'m looking to get some sort of biscuits fix

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 05:37:30 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;264482
Quote from: galenas;264082

still up to celebrate? it may be a game time decision as i\'ve got a bit of travel to do this week, but i\'m looking to get some sort of biscuits fix

thx, zuke, but it seems the plan has changed and we\'re headed up to vermont... hope we get to kick it some other time soon, tho!!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 04:23:58 pm »
fair enough. if i go, ill make sure to rage double hard.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 04:42:47 pm »
throw a fist pump or two in there for me.

snwckgtr

• aka snickerdoodle
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 08:26:30 am »
damit why did i not see that brooklyn bowl show listed in there until today.  maybe i can figure out a way to make it

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 10:05:36 pm »
Would have like to seen Deitch on drums for the Daniel Street show only because I know his work. Not going to be there anyways but I am sure that it will be a real good time.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 10:29:36 am »
vermont trip canceled, plans up in the air, could be convinced to party.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 12:13:43 pm »
you need convincing to rage with awesome people for your birthday?

you must be getting old...