Author Topic: Old Tunes  (Read 1902 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Old Tunes
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 01:47:10 pm »
I don\'t think that the dead are a good comparison.  Up until Jerry died, the band still had all but one of it\'s original members.  TB has 50% new members, it\'s a new band.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Old Tunes
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 01:56:29 pm »
so it\'s like Ratdog and Phil and Friends
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Old Tunes
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 02:11:43 pm »
Which were for the most part side projects relying heavily on dead material.  Look, I don\'t mean to sound like I don\'t want to hear any of the older tunes, but I think that look towards the future rather than relying on the past.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Old Tunes
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 02:18:19 pm »
alright i got it... the other ones......
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Old Tunes
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 02:32:36 pm »
As much as I enjoyed seeing the Other Ones, it was a project by original dead members trying to keep the flame going.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Old Tunes
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 02:51:09 pm »
i dont know why they cant play old songs...no other band will be playing them!  whats the big deal?  the more songs in a band\'s bank, the better.  PB had a LOT of quality older songs.  id much rather hear them in rotation then NEVER HEAR THEM AGAIN!
DS Newbers

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Old Tunes
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 03:42:11 pm »
No one is saying that we don\'t want to hear the songs again.  What I\'m saying is that since this is basically a new band that kept the old name, they should move on as a new band and start fresh with their own tunes and play a couple old tunes when they feel like it.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Old Tunes
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 03:52:22 pm »
they still need new tunes that are monster jammers like the old ones though. keep the funk and rock alive, i like the jazz, but i got turned onto TB because of the funk and rock.

Synergy>HLH>Synergy>HLH
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Old Tunes
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 07:13:24 pm »
Psychedelic Breakfast / The Breakfast has too many kickass songs to neglect them for long. And I doubt they will.

This is like any other new song break-in phase. Except its a little heavier this time around because 2 new members have fresh contributions to the band.

Give the new songs some time to break in and we\'ll be seeing the old tunes back in full rotation. I\'m surprised Tribal and Queeb have been getting much love lately, you know, I\'m sure Chris can play any Psychedelic Breakfast song, but there\'s probably a few he\'s getting into right off the bat.

Prob the other oldies they are saving until they have been fully remastered in practice sessions.

I love the new material, mostly, don\'t get me wrong. But I think it\'s good for the band and the fans if they keep most of their songs pretty much always in solid rotation. At least the ones we all know are their best.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Old Tunes
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 07:27:43 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;182547

I love the new material, mostly, don\'t get me wrong. But I think it\'s good for the band and the fans if they keep most of their songs pretty much always in solid rotation. At least the ones we all know are their best.

THERE WE GO
DS Newbers

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Old Tunes
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 08:18:43 pm »
Songs that should be shelved:
Attraction to a Shade Ditty
Bugs
Fresh Cut
Food For Thought
Fresh Cut
Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliche
LDZ
Lit
No Regret
No Glove No Love
Phaddy Boom Baddy
TrickY ways
The Vt Song
Wild Pack of Asscracks
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
Old Tunes
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 08:18:47 pm »
Set 1.
Sundance> Rush, The Sound>  instrumental World Needs Us jam> The Sound, Word Needs Us, The Message

Set 2.
Tunage, Living Daylights> New Beginning, Reel Time, Synergy*> Sundance

E. The Late and the Great> Over Exposure

E2. LDZ (yea, i said it)
caress me, aunt jemima