Author Topic: i want a more electronic breakfast  (Read 12515 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
i want a more electronic breakfast
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2009, 03:10:53 pm »
Paul Oakenfold\'s 2000 release "Tranceport"

:duck:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2009, 03:13:00 pm »
The problem with Electronica is that it spans such a wide range of music:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronica
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2009, 03:14:49 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;226129
I\'m not saying I completely disagree... I like the fact that they\'re constantly growing and developing their music.  I just had a problem with the statement above.  If playing music is only about gaining fans, why not play Hannah Montana songs at shows?! I think the band continues to experiment with many different sounds on their own... by saying "playing more electronica music will give you lots of fans" just didn\'t sit right w/ me.  Honestly, I don\'t even know any electronica tunes.  I\'m on vacation this week w/ lots of free time... could u recommend some to try out?

Somtimes through the context of the internet or message board things can be misinterpreted.  I think we are all coming from the same place here, we want to see the band do well.  Musically they haven\'t let us down yet, so I am excited to see what the future holds.

For electronic recommendations, I think Zuke and Elisa might be a better source, but check out anything i\'ve posted on the (Disco) Biscuits for Breakfast(.info) thread.  A lot of good stuff in there.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2009, 03:24:34 pm »
ishkur\'s guide to electronic music

you\'ll notice under "electronica" (under the downtemp heading) there is nothing but a description of why the word "electronica" is not a very good descriptor

for my favorite song click the heading "breakbeat" then "ghetto tech" (right under "booty bass")
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2009, 03:32:56 pm »
Shpongle and Sound Tribe Sector 9 studio albums are pretty awesome. Maybe I already said that, but yeah this stuff is pretty psychedelic and not repetitive and you don\'t need to be on a near overdose of **** to enjoy it.

Shpongle "Tales of the Inexpressible"  and "Nothing Lasts But Nothing Is Lost" are excellent, mindblowing at times
Sound Tribe "Artifact" and "Live at Home" are my favorites

But yeah if Breakfast started to sound like this I\'d be pissed ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 03:41:16 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2009, 03:38:13 pm »
When Ghetto Tech plays, it\'s as if the Heavens themselves are speaking. Ghetto Tech will be the natural law of the New World Order. God himself will come down, declare his kingdom on earth, and inscribe on two tablets for all the hoes to shake their multitudes of titties. And it will be good. To the farthest reaches of the earth Ghetto Tech will permeate, and teach us all about harmony, life, love, and slapping dicks against the mouths of many bitches. Oh yes. So it is written, so it will be done. Amen.--

:lol: I love that website - thanks! Ghetto Tech kinda makes me think of PFunk and Sir Mix A Lot combined.  I can see what u like about it - it\'s very danceable, and funky, but I don\'t know how many more fans would come based on playing songs like that one.  I know I\'m not in the "36-41" age group... but I\'m still not sure this is the way to go for the band :shrug:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2009, 03:38:55 pm »
^^Artifact is quite good
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2009, 03:49:25 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;226139
I know I\'m not in the "36-41" age group... but I\'m still not sure this is the way to go for the band :shrug:

23 and bored to tears by most electronic music i come across.
Postcount +1.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2009, 03:56:20 pm »
^^
For some reason I always assumed you were my elder.

Must be a maturity thing.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2009, 03:59:08 pm »
I\'m not sure if they are considered electronica, but Ozric Tentacles are pretty cool.  If you see them live, you\'d better hope that you catch them on a good day or else you\'re in for one long 2 hour dooze.  I would suggest Live at the Pogmaster\'s Ball...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2009, 04:01:03 pm »
They are definitely not electronica.
+ snooze

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2009, 04:12:38 pm »
It most likely won\'t be boring if the Breakfast does it.
Whatever they do, they should try to bring new fans, stay relevant, and evolve.
Electronica is infusing popular music more lately.
A lot of people like to dance to house beats (I am biased because I live for a down and dirty beat) and the Bfast is always good at getting people moving.  I don\'t see this hypothetical exploration as a break necessarily from their style, just expanding on what already works for them. Lots of jams head this way as it is.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2009, 04:51:56 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;226139
When Ghetto Tech plays, it\'s as if the Heavens themselves are speaking. Ghetto Tech will be the natural law of the New World Order. God himself will come down, declare his kingdom on earth, and inscribe on two tablets for all the hoes to shake their multitudes of titties. And it will be good. To the farthest reaches of the earth Ghetto Tech will permeate, and teach us all about harmony, life, love, and slapping dicks against the mouths of many bitches. Oh yes. So it is written, so it will be done. Amen.--

:lol: I love that website - thanks! Ghetto Tech kinda makes me think of PFunk and Sir Mix A Lot combined.  I can see what u like about it - it\'s very danceable, and funky, but I don\'t know how many more fans would come based on playing songs like that one.  I know I\'m not in the "36-41" age group... but I\'m still not sure this is the way to go for the band :shrug:

i don\'t really like the genre. i just like the description and i start laughing within 5 seconds of the beginning of the song...puts me in a good mood for sure

my real favorite genre right now would be some sort of minimal. i\'m a big fan of booka shade. i\'ll post a link when i get a chance

i\'d also like to add that WALSH would probably be a better source for info than anybody else on the site...if he still came around
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2009, 06:17:45 pm »
Quote from: derickw;226048
Quote from: leith;226042
I\'m all for diversity in The Breakfast\'s music but that genre (electronica) is soulless and boring to me.
The trance ambient experimentation they do within the rock and roll framework they have defined as their sound is fine for me.

Anything near what the Biscuits play would be the ruination of The Breakfast for me and would get skipped on any disc I came across it on.

but i think the guys are diverse enough to be able to keep away from being soulless and boring.

Exactly.  

Why does everyone think Zuke is trying to turn them into The Disco Biscuits?  Trance overall is among the gayest electronica ever and that is all everyone on here thinks is being suggested.  There are so many effects that can take a jazz, funk, world beat, rock (you name the style) to the next level without going anywhere near the monotonous trash you guys are thinking of.  Check out Blu Sirkut - a sick jamtronic project that has zero untz in all the shit they do (though they are a side project and hardly ever play).  There is definitely a lot of a cheesy/shitty/terrible electronica out there and perhaps most people have never been fortunate enough to hear a sampling of the good stuff.  I used to be of the same opinion that most electronica was garbage until I was fortunate enough to live in a house with a couple DJs a number of years ago (incorporating a lot of Nujazz, Brazilian, broken beat to name a few......) who exposed me to some of the serest music ever.  Sometimes you just need one band or style to open a new door and your previous position is proven wrong.  

Leith - you are getting some Blu Sirkut next week when I see you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 06:30:39 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2009, 06:41:28 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;226162
Quote from: derickw;226048
Quote from: leith;226042
I\'m all for diversity in The Breakfast\'s music but that genre (electronica) is soulless and boring to me.
The trance ambient experimentation they do within the rock and roll framework they have defined as their sound is fine for me.

Anything near what the Biscuits play would be the ruination of The Breakfast for me and would get skipped on any disc I came across it on.

but i think the guys are diverse enough to be able to keep away from being soulless and boring.

Exactly.  

Why does everyone think Zuke is trying to turn them into The Disco Biscuits?  Trance overall is among the gayest electronica ever and that is all everyone on here thinks is being suggested.  There are so many effects that can take a jazz, funk, world beat, rock (you name the style) to the next level without going anywhere near the monotonous trash you guys are thinking of.  Check out Blu Sirkut - a sick jamtronic project that has zero untz in all the shit they do (though they are a side project and hardly ever play).  There is definitely a lot of a cheesy/shitty/terrible electronica out there and perhaps most people have never been fortunate enough to hear a sampling of the good stuff.  I used to be of the same opinion that most electronica was garbage until I was fortunate enough to live in a house with a couple DJs (incorporating a lot of Nujazz, Brazilian, broken beat to name a few......) who exposed me to some of the serest music ever.  Sometimes you just need one band or style to open a new door and your previous position is proven wrong.  

Leith - you are getting some Blu Sirkut next week when I see you.

Thanks Al they are good but still boring to me overall so I wouldn\'t waste the discs.

Should stick with being KDTU as far as I\'m concerned and I really don\'t even like that. :shrug:
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.