Author Topic: Talk about Spring Tour!  (Read 5234 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 04:13:05 pm »
Quote from: leith
Well if you\'ve been chatting them up The Breakfast is set. Looking forward to seeing them somewhere different though Winston\'s is sooo much fun.

I\'m now a part of the West Coast lack-of-Breakfast dilemma as well, though i did get to see the band a couple dozen times since the fall.  

I\'m hoping they will be here for a serious tour after the honeymoon.  I will be saving my vacation days for a west coast run once i get a job out here.  

I\'m hoping we can find innovative ways to spread the music from coast-to-coast then around the world after we conquer the U.S.  We all spend so much time thinking about this band and imagining their potential so we should also challenge ourselves to spread the music (many of us already do it in one form or another) even farther than we do now.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2005, 04:16:01 pm »
Well if you\'ve been chatting them up The Breakfast is set. Looking forward to seeing them somewhere different though Winston\'s is sooo much fun.

Speaking of Winston\'s, I hope you weren\'t guy at the July 2003 show that yelled "you guys suck".

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2005, 04:30:20 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Speaking of Winston\'s, I hope you weren\'t guy at the July 2003 show that yelled "you guys suck".

Come on now son. ARE U SER?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2005, 04:44:33 pm »
The real question here is will Tim Palmieri and Timmy Tour 2005 kill me before these guys hit the road??????????
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 06:05:52 pm »
Come on now son. ARE U SER?

No, but I did hear someone yelling "you suck" in a joking manner.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2005, 10:39:56 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
UM can lick my ballsack.

Seriously!

I just listened to some of their music to see what the hype was about.  Still can\'t figure it out.  Seems pretty boring to me.

leith

Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2005, 11:58:39 pm »
Take a listen to this past NYE show. UM rocks for sure. I came around awhile ago to them and have been soaking them in. There is a reason their main message board has 3000 members. I am seeing them in May for 5 shows and can not wait. They have gotten better in the last year and really put on a good show. They have their OWN lighting rig and give audiences a full show. They have learned show dynamics and have a full command of the stage. They will def. be one of the next bands to "make it" I have no doubt.

sumobaby

Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2005, 12:12:19 am »
i have seen alot of shows at winstons in OB and there is not allways a crowd like the last breakfast show so the word must be gettin around. and i dissagree about the energy level in cali. Particle is from cali and the energy at there shows dose not stop and thepeople dance there asses off. the word should spread after those good shows they put on in 04. however the sceen in cali seems to change one week to the next. but we are due for some killer shows out here you can only see dead cover bands so many times before you need somthin fast and loud. actualy i saw a awsome new band at winstons opening for cubensis called bad shoe high energy killer jams improv and fusion check them out, there out of arazona i think

leith

Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2005, 01:09:17 am »
No Particle is from Los Angeles. It is a seperate entity all it\'s own. ;)

The fans of Particle seem to like The Breakfast since, well they shred!  Now this is not a headier than thou thing but I\'ve been going to Winston\'s since it opened and imo the crowd that goes to Winston\'s often is drastically different than the crowd that goes to Particle. Particle fans in general go ballistic from the 1st note of a Particle show to the last note even if the band is playing like shit!! It really is more of a blind faith thing with Particle fans while the crowd frequenting Winston\'s in general take some coaxing to get dancing. It is nice seeing Winston\'s packed but The Breakfast needs to move up to The Belly-Up just for the visibility factor it would bring (better venue, Top names play The B-Up etc.).

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2005, 02:30:01 am »
Take a listen to this past NYE show. UM rocks for sure. I came around awhile ago to them and have been soaking them in. There is a reason their main message board has 3000 members.

I will keep an open mind.

WALSH

• Mahoney
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2005, 06:03:46 am »
Leith...you are a f\'ing tool.  Mike Gordon has been quoted as saying that a band that cannot sell out the Sommerville Theatre should not tour nationally yet...I do not believe that...but if you are losing interest in the Breakfast bc they aren\'t hitting the west coast(considering their tour hasn\'t started)...never mind you\'re not even worth my time...GO ON UMPHREY\'S TOUR...PLEASE!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

WALSH

• Mahoney
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2005, 06:24:03 am »
I don\'t care how many posts I put up in a row...Until the Breakfast can sell out venues in their home region on a regular basis(and this is coming from a friend who loves this band and its members), no one should be waiting for an increase in venue size on any coast!!!

leith

Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2005, 12:16:56 pm »
Quote from: WALSH
Leith...you are a f\'ing tool.  Mike Gordon has been quoted as saying that a band that cannot sell out the Sommerville Theatre should not tour nationally yet...I do not believe that...but if you are losing interest in the Breakfast bc they aren\'t hitting the west coast(considering their tour hasn\'t started)...never mind you\'re not even worth my time...GO ON UMPHREY\'S TOUR...PLEASE!

Walsh u prove to me everytime you post a response to my posts what an absolute idiot you are.

You react as if I hate this band and you do not even realize the damage you do when you attack this band\'s fans. OK maybe I will go on UM tour and will not put my efforts into promoting The Breakfast.

How about I ask the Baja Bash people to skip asking The Breakfast to play"just to change things up?" How about I NOT flyer this time around and NOT get people excited abt them coming(when they do). Will that make u happy? Fuck You!

You Walsh are the total tool. You get off attacking me and I love how you show an utter disregard for other people\'s opinions. I must be worth your time because you keep attacking me. Hey u FUCK put me on your IGNORE list and SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Mike Gordon knows more about touring than you\'ll ever know. You are such a waste of space  Walsh get in your Element and drive off a cliff !

leith

Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2005, 12:18:23 pm »
Quote from: WALSH
I don\'t care how many posts I put up in a row...Until the Breakfast can sell out venues in their home region on a regular basis(and this is coming from a friend who loves this band and its members), no one should be waiting for an increase in venue size on any coast!!!

You\'re an ass. Waiting for an increase in venue size is something a real fan of a band waits for and looks forward too. You are an idiot!!

WALSH

• Mahoney
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2005, 02:02:12 pm »
Isn\'t this a msg board, used to discuss pointts about the Breakfast?  My personal feelings about you don\'t effect the band at all, and I said nothing to "hurt" this band EVER!  All I was saying is that The Breakfast should continue on at the venues they are at until they sell each one out regularly, so they get word out to other areas about crowd size(i.e. sell outs) that they are experiencing.

Second of all, when did I ever say that I knew more about "touring" than Gordon.  I merely stated that I do not whole-heartedly believe that selling out a venue the size of the Sommerville Theatre, should be the goal of a band before they go on tour nationally.

It\'s refreshing to know that you would think of sabotaging the band in order to prove your "headiness" to me.  "OOh I\'m Leith, I know the guys who run Baja Bash."   PFFFFT!!!