Author Topic: Talk about Spring Tour!  (Read 5232 times)

demobug

Talk about Spring Tour!
« on: February 25, 2005, 01:20:06 pm »
Damn, The Breakfast is throwing down hard this spring!

Tons of dates added to jambase

02/25/05 FRI La Cocina Pittsfield, MA    
02/26/05 SAT Electric Company Utica, NY    
03/03/05 THU The Funk Box Baltimore, MD    
03/04/05 FRI Toad\'s Place New Haven, CT    
03/05/05 SAT E. O\'Dwyers Saratoga Springs, NY    
03/10/05 THU Big Easy Blues Portland, ME    
03/11/05 FRI The Middle East Cambridge, MA
03/12/05 SAT The Call Providence, RI    
03/17/05 THU River Street Jazz Cafe Plains, PA    
03/18/05 FRI Lion\'s Den New York, NY    
03/19/05 SAT General Clinton Pub Oneonta, NY    
03/29/05 TUE Hard Rock Cafe Pittsburgh, PA    
03/30/05 WED Little Brothers Columbus, OH    
04/01/05 FRI The Rosewood Theatre & Cafe Morgantown, WV    
04/02/05 SAT John Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
04/07/05 THU Castaways Ithaca, NY    
04/20/05 WED Nectar\'s Burlington, VT    
04/22/05 FRI Mexicali Blues Cafe Teaneck, NJ
04/23/05 SAT Good Vibes III Campout Cody, VA    
04/24/05 SUN The Pour House Music Hall Raleigh, NC    
04/25/05 MON Minglewood Columbia, SC    
04/27/05 WED The End Nashville, TN    
04/28/05 THU The Dame Lexington, KY    
04/29/05 FRI Lafayette Brewing Company Lafayette, IN    
04/30/05 SAT Elbo Room Chicago, IL    
05/01/05 SUN The Intersection Grand Rapids, MI    
05/03/05 TUE The Village Idiot Maumee, OH    
05/04/05 WED Forward Hall Concert Club Erie, PA    
05/06/05 FRI Mezzanotte Lounge Syracuse, NY    
05/07/05 SAT Webster Theatre and Underground Hartford, CT    
05/25/05 WED Lee\'s Palace Toronto, ON    
05/28/05 SAT Sterling Stage Kampitheater Hannibal, NY    
05/29/05 SUN Strange Creek Campout Greenfield, MA    
06/18/05 SAT Ripplefest at Camp Jam Buffton, OH
(Derek Trucks Band, ekoostik hookah, Karl Denson\'s Tiny Universe, The Breakfast)

woohoo!!

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 01:23:21 pm »
03/03/05 THU The Funk Box Baltimore, MD    

i am sooo there
people should really come down to this venue it\'s awesome..i know it\'s on a thursday and you\'ve all got jobs and kids to feed and stuff but you should really just come to baltimore. it\'s a really nice city anyway.

demobug

Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 01:25:27 pm »
probably won\'t be attending the funk box show but i\'ll be at the johns hopkins gig!

davepeck

• Administrator
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 01:25:32 pm »
looks like i got me some work to do..

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 01:31:40 pm »
Looks like The Breakfast really doesn\'t care to solidify their fanbase out West. Well keep that up and have fun being the next Max Creek. You know the band that is big in the NE but NO WHERE ELSE!!  :sigh:
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 01:39:42 pm »
easy leith.. they\'ll be out there later in the year, and i\'m sure they\'ll make good with it.. just not straying too far out before jordan & nikki\'s wedding..

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 01:43:39 pm »
Quote from: demobug

05/25/05 WED Lee\'s Palace Toronto, ON

Here we go again...
Quote from: leith
Looks like The Breakfast really doesn\'t care to solidify their fanbase out West. Well keep that up and have fun being the next Max Creek. You know the band that is big in the NE but NO WHERE ELSE!!  :sigh:

Speaking of "here we go again"...

There is a gap of 20 days at the end of May/beginning of June, as well as NOT ONE FRICKIN\' DATE after June 18th mentioned, oh ye of little faith.  You live on the Left Coast, they live in Connecticut.  You finance the private jet and they\'ll fly there more often.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 01:45:22 pm »
hey, they gotta take over one region at a time to be able to go out west regularly, be patient and it will happen.

leith

Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 02:03:13 pm »
Patience is a crappy song by Gun\'s and Roses and I got no use for It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Ser, I know, I know It\'s just that for the past 2-3 yrs\' there has been some regularity to The Breakfast\'s tours out here. Due to the infrequency of them out here and the increasing frequency of other bands coming out here it is very VERY hard for this fan to keep interest in The Breakfast @ a decent level. What w/ UM blowing people away out here (opening for Stockholm Syndrome and then Phil) or the increased push by TLG and ALO for So Cal fans and moe.\'s increasing (rapidly))fansbase The Breakfast are falling far behind. Even for me with the love I do have for them find it harder and harder to stay excited about a band I will only be able to see maybe 2/3 times this year. Flying out to the East is something that I dread I may have to do if I want more Breakfast. I\'ll tell you this, the farthest east I saw Phish was Phoenix. I saw GD on the least coast a total of 14 times in 10 years. As you can see following this pattern, it\'s not likely I will be making many east coast Breakfast shows. Yeah my fault but for THEIR fanbase growth in general I think they are making a mistake, though I guess  Weddings change many a plan every day anyway so I can understand.

Oh yeah and 8 of those east coast shows I was stationed out in Portsmouth while in the Navy so I was out there not by choice.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 02:13:40 pm by leith »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 02:56:51 pm »
well then, it sucks, but you just gotta suck it up and hope for the best.  its up to us to promote these guys so they can get as popular as they deserve to be.  UM can lick my ballsack,  the Breakfast deserve to be the next big thing as much as any band out there, IMO.  Hopefully, if all goes well w/ the Real Radio release tour, heads will start turning and there will be people ready and waiting for them to hit up the West Coast.

FYI, the first time moe. played California they sold out the Great American Music Hall.  So clearly, there are heads out there who know what good music is, even though they\'ve never seen whatever band it may be first hand.  If and when the Breakfast do go out there, there should be as many heads amped and psyched for the bands voyage out there, and if the turnout is well, then the more likely they will be to go out there more often.

leith

Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 03:18:34 pm »
The Breakfast has seen their fanbase grow tenfold since they began playing out here. The problem is really the style of music. The main reason I get for people not lovin\' them vs liking them is they are balls to the wall Rock! Alot of folk out here are as many know a bit more laid back and the energy EXUDED @ a Breakfast show is on a level all it\'s own. I hear more and more "I like them but they need to learn how to slow it down sometimes". I agree some of the newer material lends to this and hopefully RR will take off and some of these people will "get" it.  Yeah I see what you mean abt moe. but that is a totally different story. moe. plays the style of music alot of west coast people dig which is not as hard edged as The Breakfast but rockin\' nonetheless. Either way I\'ve discussed the move to bigger venues out here  w/ Jordan and Tim and we basically agreed it will be awhile before they do so as selling out the venues they do play needs to happen a few more times. I know personally the last Breakfast show I attended sans fest was a sold out show in Santa Monica and three nights before was sold out in O.B. From 15 people my first show in O.B. \'03 to sold out a year later is heartening but you gotta consider their fantastic performances @ Baja Bash for the SoCal love for sure.  So you see the foundation IS there for them to blow up and thus my frustration that they have not played out here since Baja Bash. I just see missed opportunities and where else am I gonna vent them ?

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 03:45:05 pm »
Still though, you gotta look at it from a business perspective.  Lets face it, the band plays as many shows as they possibly can, and thats just to get by,  Hopefully w/ Real Radio coming out and the impending tour, they can start to build a little more bank so that ventures out west are a little more feasible.  I\'m sure driving all the way to California to play a run of shows at small bars makes them enough money to barely even get back to the East Coast.  I\'d be hoping that they can make it out to this years Bash or High Sierra or something, so that they would have more a reason to do more shows out that way.

Worse comes to worse, you could always move to Staven.  I\'m sure Freddie will let you stay at his place for a bit until you can get on your feet over here.

leith

Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 03:49:59 pm »
LMAO that was good. You know though with Stevie swearing how big a heart Wah has there\'s got to be some room for me hell I turn sideways I disappear!

Giavanna

• The game is to change
    • http://www.giavannakersulis.com
Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 03:59:08 pm »
Quote from: leith
hell I turn sideways I disappear!

Ha ha ha! Awesome! and true... hee hee.
Don\'t worry leith, we\'ll get our turn. I\'ve already been chatting with some club owners I know in SD and SF we\'ll see if I get any response, they usually book really far in advance.
Even Opera Singers love "The Breakfast!" - la pace fuori

leith

Talk about Spring Tour!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 04:04:00 pm »
Well if you\'ve been chatting them up The Breakfast is set. Looking forward to seeing them somewhere different though Winston\'s is sooo much fun.