Author Topic: bfam?  (Read 7722 times)

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
bfam?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 03:19:31 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;235346
i receive emails "regularly" from booking (highland media) and band members with dates to post here on .info and on facebook.

last time i received an email with breakfast dates: April 21st

last time i received an email with side project dates: May 18th

that\'s effort?

wow....are you telling me I have more dates than you out of all people? All I\'m on is the mailing list....and I don\'t see those dates listed on .info.

They need a working website that is consistantly updated, and advertising....pay for a banner on jambands.com/jambase/etc....those must help bands let people know they are actually playing.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
bfam?
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 03:21:22 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;235327
i\'ve been thinking hard about hosting a bfam party....but i\'m concerned that it would be a dooze. very sad.

Do it!!!
:banwpoa:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

davepeck

• Administrator
bfam?
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 03:42:25 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;235335
i dunno, i just see a lot more of a what have you done for me lately kinda attitude from most the old regulars.  there was a time when we didn\'t give a fuck that the band didn\'t have the best business model off the stage.  now its just easy to use that as a copout excuse.  the band could easily be no more, half the time i think most people on here wouldn\'t care either way.

and to this, i personally don\'t need to use the business model as an excuse for anything. to me, it\'s more about the facts that a) the band no longer plays more than half of their catalog of originals, b) they haven\'t played a two-set show in nearly two months, and c) "the breakfast", as we know them today, have never written a song together.

if that\'s not losing interest, i don\'t know what is.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
bfam?
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 03:54:46 pm »
for the first time since being on thebreakfast.info, i have nothing to say here.
DS Newbers

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
bfam?
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2009, 04:43:10 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;235358
Quote from: Igziabeher;235335
i dunno, i just see a lot more of a what have you done for me lately kinda attitude from most the old regulars.  there was a time when we didn\'t give a fuck that the band didn\'t have the best business model off the stage.  now its just easy to use that as a copout excuse.  the band could easily be no more, half the time i think most people on here wouldn\'t care either way.

and to this, i personally don\'t need to use the business model as an excuse for anything. to me, it\'s more about the facts that a) the band no longer plays more than half of their catalog of originals, b) they haven\'t played a two-set show in nearly two months, and c) "the breakfast", as we know them today, have never written a song together.

if that\'s not losing interest, i don\'t know what is.

Some 2009 stats...

- TB Played 21 shows in 2009 (12: 1 set shows - 57% / 9: 2 set shows - 43%)
- Out of 84 original songs, 56% have been played in 2009; 37 of those originals have not
- There have been a total of 158 original songs played in 2009 (1 song played 9 times: Tunage / 5 songs played 7 times / 1 song played 6 times / 5 songs played 5 times / 8 songs played 4 times / 9 songs played 3 times / 6 songs played 2 times / 12 songs played once)
- Only 24 covers songs have been played all year, but there have been more SCA, Jam, Guitar Solos, Bass Solos, Drum Solos, Keyboard Solos, Bass and Drum Solos
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
bfam?
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2009, 04:47:00 pm »
Who cares if half their songs aren\'t getting much if any play right now.

At least we\'re hearing the songs we mostly all want to hear anyway. Just don\'t put Puppetry on the shelf :D
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
bfam?
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2009, 04:52:06 pm »
Actually, there\'s a handfull of songs not play in \'09 that I\'d love to hear: A New Beginning, Fairy, Garcian Fishbowl, Heather, Love Lake, Question Mark and the Mind...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
bfam?
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 05:07:01 pm »
i listened to a great fairy today and was thinking about how great doughboy was on saturday night with jordan singing it again.....i would like to see that one come back for certain.

jking

• thanks!!
bfam?
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2009, 05:10:56 pm »
fairy has always been one of my fave\'s... i\'m glad that i can announce this to people who won\'t automatically assume i\'m switching teams....

galenas

• Global Moderator
bfam?
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2009, 05:11:36 pm »
^ i was calling for a fairy in nyc but no dice.

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
bfam?
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2009, 05:13:17 pm »
This sounds like a bfam Thanksgiving Dinner where Uncle Leo got too drunk and started yelling at Grandma.  Seriously, all I care about is that these guys continue to play.  Yes I\'d like to see new songs.  Yes, I\'d love to see more people show up.  Hell, I\'d be happy if they decided to be a 3 chord pop band.  

I just want to see these guys be able to make a living through music because believe it or not, I care about them.  I think it would be tragic if a group of such talented guys can\'t be appreciated for the skilled individuals that they are regardless of any other bullshit.  

I just want to be able to go to some rock and roll shows, see some great friends (whoever can manage to come out), and have as good of a time as I am willing to make for myself and anyone else who is so inclined.  And you know what, I cannot recall for the life of me regardless of the circumstances a Breakfast show where I have not thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Not one.

People have priorities in their life, we aren\'t all 20 years old anymore.  Everyone has the bullshit in their life that they have to get through and it\'s their choice to do whatever they want.  Nobody has to justify to anybody why they\'ve made any choices that they have in terms of going to show, not going to show, or whatever.   If you go, I hope to see you there if the stars align correctly, if not maybe we\'ll see each other next time.  I just hope that there are plenty next times.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:53:15 pm by Dyed_Tie »
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
bfam?
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2009, 05:14:55 pm »
you\'re only as far from 20 as you choose to be....i\'m just sayin\'

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
bfam?
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2009, 05:31:54 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;235374
you\'re only as far from 20 as you choose to be....i\'m just sayin\'

Damn Skippy
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

stublatt

bfam?
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2009, 05:50:48 pm »
Interesting points have been made.
From what I\'ve been told, this thing called \'Facebook\' has really taken off as a place for people to communicate online.  Not really sure who administers the bands\' Face page, but as of today, this is the current line-up:

Members:
Tim Palmieri - Guitar - Lead Vocals
Ron Spears - Bass - Vocals
Matt Oestreicher - Keyboards - Vocals
Adrian Tramontano - Drums - Vocals

A little housekeeping is certainly in order!

From what I can see, getting \'events\' (or shows) posted thru Facebook seems fairly easy to do, quite inexpensive (free, except for someone\'s time) and rather effective (especially once your \'Friends\' list gets built up).

I certainly know that this isn\'t the be-all/end-all solution to the aforementioned issues, but, for what it\'s worth, all Facebook events get e-mailed out to everyone. We get the info whether we\'re looking for it or not. And as I\'m sure we all know, Facebook is HUGE with the college kids - a target market that IMO is absolutely essential!!!
    .info is awesome, but it doesn\'t come to us - we have to go to it (which many of the existing fans do - the issue here is pulling in new fans)

Facebook, Twitter, etc - EMBRACE THE TECHNOLOGY - it can\'t hurt!

davepeck

• Administrator
bfam?
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2009, 06:01:43 pm »
Quote from: stublatt;235376
Interesting points have been made.
From what I\'ve been told, this thing called \'Facebook\' has really taken off as a place for people to communicate online.  Not really sure who administers the bands\' Face page, but as of today, this is the current line-up:

Members:
Tim Palmieri - Guitar - Lead Vocals
Ron Spears - Bass - Vocals
Matt Oestreicher - Keyboards - Vocals
Adrian Tramontano - Drums - Vocals

A little housekeeping is certainly in order!

From what I can see, getting \'events\' (or shows) posted thru Facebook seems fairly easy to do, quite inexpensive (free, except for someone\'s time) and rather effective (especially once your \'Friends\' list gets built up).

I certainly know that this isn\'t the be-all/end-all solution to the aforementioned issues, but, for what it\'s worth, all Facebook events get e-mailed out to everyone. We get the info whether we\'re looking for it or not. And as I\'m sure we all know, Facebook is HUGE with the college kids - a target market that IMO is absolutely essential!!!
    .info is awesome, but it doesn\'t come to us - we have to go to it (which many of the existing fans do - the issue here is pulling in new fans)

Facebook, Twitter, etc - EMBRACE THE TECHNOLOGY - it can\'t hurt!

you\'re probably using the facebook link that was created by management that isn\'t updated. you can find a link to the real breakfast facebook at the top left corner here where it says "menu". i administer that, and dates are added and invites sent out when they get sent to me.