Author Topic: Setlist: 2003-10-08 - Nimbus Brewery; Tuscon, AZ  (Read 3064 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2003-10-08 - Nimbus Brewery; Tuscon, AZ
« on: October 09, 2003, 04:19:38 pm »
I: Garcian Fishbowl, The Chase, No Glove No Love, Gravity, Escher\'s Etchings > Good To Your Earhole > Drunk Monk Bar, The Grand Scheme Of Things

II: Scarlet Begonias > Dig, Superfly Phaddy Fat, Fairy > Son Of Simpleton > I\'m The Slime

E: LDZ > Wild Pack Of Asscracks

"Predicted doozie..... Totally NOT a doozie!"

tiedyetoga

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 09:30:35 am »
:thumbsup .. People have been eating their breakfast across the nation.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 10:45:48 am »
Dave, whats up with the "Predicted doozie..... Totally NOT a doozie"

Please elaborate?
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 11:00:31 am »
quote from tim.. they were totally expecting this show to be a complete doozie, but they ended up getting a really good turnout..

tiedyetoga

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 11:09:31 am »
Originally posted by davepeck
quote from tim.. they were totally expecting this show to be a complete doozie, but they ended up getting a really good turnout..

Thats because we had alot of grassroots team members who did an outstanding job promoting the show.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 11:47:38 am »
Dave,
That is what I figured, but wasnt sure....
GREAT NEWS...
and by the looks of the setlist
Escher\'s Etchings > Good To Your Earhole > Drunk Monk Bar, The Grand Scheme Of Things
and
Fairy > Son Of Simpleton > I\'m The Slime
it looks like it was a great show to be at....

I love Fairy....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 12:27:53 pm »
i dont think its too often they smell doozie and it isnt a doozie.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 02:02:27 pm »
Originally posted by DocEllis70
i dont think its too often they smell doozie and it isnt a doozie.

Adrian smells doozie from 100 miles away on a nightly basis.

gitCHu ONe.

• I reckon y\'all fixin to..
    • http://www.gitchuone.com
most defiently NOT a doozie
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2003, 05:24:10 pm »
Second night of a three day run I got to go on with the band.  The run as a whole was great for introducing my non-PB-knowing west coast friends to the band. I had been trying to tell them about PB for like 8 months and it took until August for them to actually start paying attention. So now they\'re hooked.

We got a few of our friends to show up for the second and third shows, who didn\'t make the trip to Flagstaff the first night. I think that may have added maybe 6 people to the venue in Tucson. The band told us that they knew that we would be there, but like was quoted before, they really didn\'t think too too many people would show up. We obviously told them that we knew of a number of people who would be showing up and I think that may have made them feel better. It WAS superising though because a bunch of new faces were there and having a great time as we were. I talked with a guy who did a recording of the show and he said that bands usually don\'t sound too good at that bar. But by the middle of the first set he said it was sounding better than any other bands he had seen play there/recorded there. He also gave props to Josh for working so hard to make the sound so good and running the lights. He had never heard any PB before, so I hooked him up with the 2 disc of the last time PB played in Phoenix , 4/2/03.

After seeing three nights of shows we were all very ful-filled. The only repeated set list entry was Phaddy Boom Baddy which was played the first night in Flagstaff, and it was the show closer the third night in Tempe. Unfortunatly, the third night the song was cut short due to the bar was kicking people out for being there past "beer:30" Damn Arizona. You can carry a gun unliscensed 24/7, but you have to buy alcohol before 1am, and have to be out of the bar by 1:30.  Still very damn good anyway. We got an acoustic \'Harverst Moon\' first time played ever. Excellent.

At this point this is a paraphrase of a quote from my friend Josh after the Tucson show, "PB is so great because of how personal the shows are."

gitCHu ONE
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

galenas

• Global Moderator
Re: most defiently NOT a doozie
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2003, 02:51:26 pm »
Originally posted by TheManMulcahey

At this point this is a paraphrase of a quote from my friend Josh after the Tucson show, "PB is so great because of how personal the shows are."

gitCHu ONE

i\'ve gotta agree - i feel a connection to the band every time i see them. and the more i see them, the deeper the connection seems to become. it\'s definitely quite addictive.