Author Topic: OK Moe.down confirmed even if The Breakfast is not playing  (Read 621 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
OK Moe.down confirmed even if The Breakfast is not playing
« on: April 17, 2005, 05:21:25 am »
Taken from PTmoe. due to my moe.newbness
moe. 04/16/05
4th & b, san diego, ca

set one: time again, wind it up, bearsong, wicked awesome,
the faker> timmy tucker

set two: mcbain> big world, tambourine, jazz wank> buster,
plane crash> buster> plane crash> buster

encore: gone, stranger than fiction

Faker> TT was fucking brilliant and the 2nd set was just sickness.

The place was packed and the crowd was partying. One thing abt moe.rons they sure do like their smoke and in Pot friendly Cali well no fog needed in the 4th & B this nite.

OK so my first moe. show was last yr @ 4th & B. My question to Duane and Igzi is What happened to this band? They are ON FREAKING FIRE ON THE LEVEL OF THE RECENT "STEPPING UP" OF OUR OTHER FAVORITE BAND. SER!!!!!!!!!

My buddy Mo said to me \'hey maybe we should think abt hitting up that 3 day thing they do.\' I told him I was thinking of it because The Breakfast may be playing to which he laughed and was like of course if they\'re playing you\'ll go. Now after the show I just witnessed, Breakfast or not moe.down is happening for me. I don\'t know how yet but I\'m freakin\' there. Al said something along the lines of this was their best played show in SD and having only seen 2 of them I say what the hell he was right.

This modern world is crazy. As Buster started I totally thought of Igzi AND I DO NOT EVEN KNOW HIM! That was your Buster for sure Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so impressed with this show during Gone I was thinking man this is just like a GD Brokedown encore w/ everyone singing a slower tune after a shhhmokin\' show, and I realized that is the 1st time I ever compared really in my head any band to GD like that and it\'s because of the family feel I felt and moe.\'s show dynamics for sure.

If I knew moe. better I could give a more in depth review but suffice it to say they are leaving the States in great shape and everything they played tonite was EXACTLY as it should be played. Whether you have seen them 100 times or this was your 1st time, there were moments that you will remember as some of the best moe.moments you ever experienced.

For the record I was in my normal show mode couple drinks, many boules, and a grip load of muffins. 2 of our friends had a blast but unable to handle moe.\'s ferocity and my muffins for both sets so I\'m thinking this recipe is just abt perfected.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 10:06:22 am »
good to hear you had a blast. that setlist sure looks niiiice.  I got a Jazz Wank>Buster one of my first moe. shows and was blown away, but  jazz wank> buster,plane crash> buster> plane crash> buster to end the second set !?!??!?!  I def. feel what you\'re saying about Gone vs. Brokedown as an encore.. the crowd must\'ve ate it up..  see you at the .down
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 01:39:01 pm »
breakfasst,.confirmed
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 04:51:25 pm »
yeah, they\'ve been kicking ass on a regular basis as of late.  the quality of shows normally comes and goes, but since the influx of new tunes debuted last fall, they managed to work out the kinks and get them down tight for these early \'05 shows.  where they are right now is the best i\'ve seen them dince fall of \'01, probably better than that though.  Chuck has been lighting it up like crazy lately, and Rob has been in the best onstage mood as i\'ve ever seen him.  Normally he\'s either indifferent or just wasted, but lately he\'s been really into it and when Rob is on, the whole band is raised up a couple notches.  Glad you had a great time, my next show is Summer Camp, so I got a little while to wait still.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 04:53:23 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
, my next show is Summer Camp, so I got a little while to wait still.

...and also more time and money to spend supporting the Breakfast.  Good for you Gregory!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 04:59:18 pm »
well, the way i see it, i can go to 6 or so breakfast shows in the span of a couple months, and hit up one solid 3 night moe. run once every couple months and it ends up costing me the same in the end.  Plus I\'ve seen moe. 61 times, I know what they\'re gonna play before they even play it most the time, the Breakfast still surprises me somewhat, so might as well try to get their #\'s up to the same level.