Author Topic: Disco Biscuits Saturday July 23rd @ Stone Pony Asbury Park, NJ  (Read 4643 times)

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
Disco Biscuits Saturday July 23rd @ Stone Pony Asbury Park, NJ
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2005, 01:03:51 pm »
glad to hear you guys made it alright..i didn\'t make it to jersey but definitely saw them put on a rediculous show in baltimore on friday:

Set I: Run Like Hell> Helicopters1> Run Like Hell2, Floodlights, Jigsaw Earth> Confrontation3> Jigsaw Earth4, Barfly
Encore: Hope> Munchkin Invasion1> Sound One

disco biscuits + baltimore = top ten sweatiest nights of my life (steve you would of been proud)

i also saw boys II men for a few minutes...ehhhh....

left artscape around 12 to head back down to va (usually a 35 minute drive) and there was a catastrophic accident on i495-all lanes closed. i ended up riding on the shoulder for a little while, did a uturn on the highway and had to take a back way home through dc (ghetto/projects area) woooohoooo

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2005, 01:04:50 pm »
Sorry we missed you Mama....

Till the next time.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2005, 01:22:45 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
interesting, have you been to many DB shows? the recent stuff ive downloaded is weak compared to shit from \'99-\'03, i guess just generally speaking. ive felt the decline of them for awhile, but always glad to hear a tight show took place. they play Spaga, Mulberry\'s, or Haleakala? great tunes.

While I have heard more Bisco shows then I have gone to. Very good years for the Biscuits, outside of the short Brownstein leaving the band in 2001. Generally, and I am making this assumption, that the last year and a half that the band has been confronted by a very difficult and tough decision by Sammy Altman. The drummer leaving the band and going to medical school had to be a tough and difficult decision to gived and excepted for all the parties involved. They are very good at what they do, the style of music they play. I wouldn\'t give up a chance to see the Breakfast on August 26th & 27th to be at Camp Bisco even if it is the last(?) time the original drummer placyed with the band. Breakfast gigs are cheaper and less wookish. There is a shady cloud that hangs over that fanbase for the most part and I am so glad that I got to celebrate their 10th Anniversary with a interesting and dedicated fanbase.

DJ Omen had a set inside after, which I was not a witness to, but I guess no Conspirator conspired.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2005, 01:25:36 pm »
Its hard to hang in a scene where they are doing more drugs that I have NEVER EVER even heard of than drugs that I have heard of......
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2005, 01:31:31 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
Its hard to hang in a scene where they are doing more drugs that I have NEVER EVER even heard of than drugs that I have heard of......

like what??
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2005, 01:36:05 pm »
PFfft.....damned if i know....some kind of yellow powder.....something called DMT or "Deemsters" (I have heard of it and its trip, but still hope it never ever makes its way near me......

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2005, 01:37:35 pm »
NOoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2005, 01:43:09 pm »
I have heard the word Deemers(sp) a few times before at Phish shows, heard a story about it this weekend, some kids were smoking it on our roof patio deck, but have actually never seen the shit. Lots and lots of Pharmies.

Quote of the weekend, some random kid walking through the crowd during the show saying, "Hey, Got any drugs?", also, while I was waiting for the rest of the crew to come in, I spotted the same kid getting a bar, yelling, "Pharmies, Whose got my Pharmies?"

PFfft.....damned if i know....some kind of yellow powder.....something called DMT or "Deemsters" (I have heard of it and its trip, but still hope it never ever makes its way near me......

<<< Had no idea that it was yellow or powder. Can you snort it? or is just for smoking?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2005, 01:48:12 pm »
Coming soon to a comic book store near you..........

The Adventures of K-Man and Otto
Issue #1: K-Hole Katastrophe

Classic.

I can\'t believe that we some how were wth us for a while. No one saw them again after the dinner.

K-Man and Otto, hitting up every Vet Hospital from Virginia to Jersery and back.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2005, 01:50:18 pm »
The yellow powder wasn\'t the Deemsters....it was some sort of pharmy they were blowing at 8am.....

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2005, 01:51:49 pm »
absolutely a dark cloud hangin over the fanbase of tDB. that was apparent to me the first time i saw them in \'03, its too bad, really. but hey, theyre also called the Disco Biscuits, kind of like advertising to make sure everyone\'s \'rolling\' through the doors, which X being the gateway drug for the band as they have evolved is bound to crash. did you guys read that relix article a few issues ago?

in the end though it sucks that things seemed to take that route for tDB. i loved them from the start, but their flubs have grown and their lot scene feels gray.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2005, 01:54:48 pm »
The yellow powder wasn\'t the Deemsters....it was some sort of pharmy they were blowing at 8am.....

generic Xanax

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2005, 01:59:11 pm »
Quote from: Spacey

generic Xanax

spacey...I know the yellow pills that that kid had...but it wasnt that...Matty told me the name of what it was...and it wasnt that.....

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2005, 02:01:24 pm »
stay away from the yellow pills. youll end up looking like that guy from Sin City. i got this friend.....
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2005, 02:13:15 pm »
Quote from: Spacey

generic Xanax

spacey...I know the yellow pills that that kid had...but it wasnt that...Matty told me the name of what it was...and it wasnt that.....

then I\'ll be damned if I know what was going on in that room. those kids that kept coming back had drugs written all over them