Author Topic: Pink Floyd Reunion  (Read 4482 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Pink Floyd at Live 8 [MERGED]
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2005, 01:50:20 pm »
If this says anything the 4 song reunoin prompted me to pick up th phone and call all the people I happen to know who wouldnt want to miss them to remind them that they were playing. I havent done that i god knows how may years. I too have seen Roger Waters and Pink Floyd sans Waters and Waters blows them away. But I got exactly what I expected A band I love playing together for the first time in a LONG time and they sounded prettyy damn good for a band that hasnt really been in the same room for 20years.

But I was filled with emotion seeing htem on stage again. I got chills. It just goes to show you never sa never. Hell we have seen Cream reunite and Pink Floyd in the same year.

Who cares about egos. These guys helped to shape what it means to be rock n roll. The music sings through all the bull shit.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2005, 09:23:12 am »
Quote from: leith
Bonnaroo has been labeled as one of the largest significant cultural music events in HISTORY.

Who said this? And why would anyone believe it? Bonnaroo is quite the impressive marketing machine but it is far from a significant cultural music event. Do people really think that Trey playing with Bo Bice is a groundbreaking moment?:)
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2005, 09:33:13 am »
Lord, I hope not!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2005, 10:01:25 am »
Bo Bice was at Bonnaroo ?

Thats too funny.

I think Fonzie had his jacket on and the boat was swinging around for the Big jump even before I checked this fest out last year.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2005, 10:02:45 am »
Bo Bice played with Trey. They sang Van Halens, Panama.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2005, 12:33:39 pm »
I am just glad I hit the first Bonaroo....no DEA, no rain and no idea what it was going to be like...just all out never before seen FUN!!!

That being said I only need one of 2 bands to play it and I would go again...Biscuits or Breakfast.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2005, 04:52:55 am »
yea, so pink floyd was good the other night...
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke