Author Topic: Pearl Jam News [MERGED]  (Read 27110 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2008, 05:32:14 pm »
Quote from: StringerBell;194909
Also, how cool is the ten club for making all the ten club tickets random instead of given out by seniority this year? I hope to hell they keep it this. I actually discontinued by membership last year because I had such a high number and didn\'t have a shot in hell at getting a good fan club seat.  I just rejoined today ;)

they\'re only completely random for the EV shows. for the PJ shows, rows 1-2 and 9-10 were random. the rest were by seniority.

StringerBell

• MY NAME IS MY NAME
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2008, 06:27:24 pm »
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying.. Kind of been out of the loop since exiting the ten club.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #242 on: August 07, 2008, 12:50:30 pm »
Eddie V. also made todays tiMES
He sings and broods

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2008, 09:42:50 am »
Anybody have or know where to find any boots of the eddie solo shows??
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2008, 11:27:15 am »
there are a couple pj torrent sites out there I used to use but I don\'t have them bookmarked anymore. I\'ll see if I can dig them up for you.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2008, 11:30:58 am »
if you see something non torrent, that would be better, I do not know how to do that or can\'t leave the computer on for a long time as I do not have cable internet (I use the library for grabbing shows off archive, etc...)
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2008, 11:33:59 am »
https://auction01.charitybuzz.com/secure/viewItemDetail.do?auction_item_id=86301&lotsindex=0&show=10&order=default
Celebrate the music and legacy of one of the world\'s most distinguished rock bands, Pearl Jam. With signatures from Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, Mike McCready and Matt Cameron, this Pearl Jam guitar is a rare WANDRE STD with 5-ply body binding and a WANDRE signature headstock logo. Wandre Guitars were originally designed in the early 1960\'s by Wandre Pioli in Cavriago, Italy. A similar guitar recently sold unsigned for over $50,000 at a recent guitar enthusiasts show.

Pearl Jam swept the nation in the early \'90\'s and took rock to a new level. Chances are, there are more Pearl Jam fans around the world than almost any other band. Pearl Jam is responsible for a decade of creative, exciting and groundbreaking rock \'n\' roll, and this guitar reflects their indelible mark on the history of music.

Donated by: WANDRE, Pearl Jam

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2008, 03:19:49 pm »

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES THE REISSUE OF BAND’S DEBUT ALBUM, TEN

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES THE REISSUE OF BAND’S DEBUT ALBUM, TEN:
FOUR SPECIAL EDITION PACKAGES IN STORES MARCH 24, 2009
TEN CLUB PRE-SALE OF SUPER DELUXE BOX SET BEGINS NOW

Album extras include:
Remaster of original Ten album + remix by producer Brendan O’Brien •
DVD of previously unreleased 1992 Pearl Jam MTV Unplugged performance with 5.1 surround sound audio remix • LP of the band’s 1992 “Drop in the Park” concert • Replica of Pearl Jam three-song demo cassette with Eddie Vedder’s original vocal dubs • Recreation of Eddie Vedder composition notebook • Never before seen memorabilia • Bonus tracks and more.

Ten, the debut album that sold 12 million copies and introduced the world to Pearl Jam in 1991, will be reissued in four (4) new and expanded editions. Pre-orders of the Super Deluxe Edition begin today, through the Ten Club at PearlJam.com. All four editions will be available for purchase on March 24, 2009. The reissue of Ten serves as the launch of a planned two-year catalogue re-release campaign leading up to the band’s 20th anniversary in 2011.

Each Ten package will include two versions of the album: the remastered version of the original album PLUS an accompanying remixed version done by the band’s long-time producer, Brendan O’Brien (Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC, Audioslave). Details on specific extras for each of the four packages are listed below.

“The band loved the original mix of Ten, but were also interested in what it would sound like if I were to deconstruct and remix it,” says producer Brendan O’Brien. “The original Ten sound is what millions of people bought, dug and loved, so I was initially hesitant to mess around with that. After years of persistent nudging from the band, I was able to wrap my head around the idea of offering it as a companion piece to the original – giving a fresh take on it, a more direct sound.”

TEN RE-DESIGN
Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, who served as the art director for the original Ten packaging, reprised his role for the reissues collaborating with designer, Andy Fischer, of Cameron Crowe’s Vinyl Films (Into the Wild soundtrack LP, Vanilla Sky soundtrack LP, Harold and Maude anniversary edition soundtrack LP).

"The goal was to assemble the ultimate fan-piece,” explains Fischer. “Something Pearl Jam lovers could pore over as they experience an indelible record all over again, in an entirely new way."

“The original concept was about really being together as a group and entering into the world of music as a true band...a sort of all-for-one deal,” says Jeff Ament. “There were some elements of the original Ten artwork that didn\'t turn out the way we had hoped, due to time constraints. With this reissue, we’ve been able to take our time and invest resources into making the design the way we had originally intended.”

REPLICA OF PEARL JAM 3-SONG DEMO CASSETTE IN SUPER DELUXE EDITION
In the process of digging through his archives for this project, Ament came across an old cassette marked “Momma-Son” – the fabled original Pearl Jam demo tape featuring the first recorded versions of “Alive,” “Once” and “Footsteps.” Ament and guitarists Stone Gossard and Mike McCready had recorded instrumental tracks of these songs to help solicit a singer for their newly formed band. Mutual friend - and then Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer - Jack Irons suggested they send the tape down to San Diego surfer and little-known singer Eddie Vedder.

Completely inspired by what he heard from these musicians that he then only knew by name, Vedder quickly wrote lyrics, put these vocals to the music tracks and shipped the tape back to Seattle. Upon hearing how Vedder had transformed the songs, Ament, Gossard and McCready asked him to come up to Seattle so they could meet and have an official “tryout” together. Shortly thereafter, Pearl Jam was born. (A replica of the “Momma-Son” cassette will be included in the Super Deluxe Edition of Ten.)

Jeff Ament describes the experience of re-visiting that tape with singer Eddie Vedder:
“I think the first time that Ed or I had opened any of those boxes was a few weeks ago. I knew that the original ‘Momma-Son’ cassette was somewhere, but I hadn’t listened to it in 17, 18, 19 years. It was cool to sit down and play it for the first time with Ed and see his reaction. And to find that 90% of it stayed exactly the same as what ended up on the record. A lot of elements were identical. There was some energy flying around at that point even from 1,300 miles away from Seattle to San Diego.”

THE FOUR EDITIONS OF TEN: ALBUM EXTRAS PER PACKAGE

1. Legacy Edition (2-disc set in mini-LP style slipcase):
· Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)
· Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: “Brother,” “Just a Girl,” “State of Love and Trust,” “Breath and a Scream,” “2,000 Mile Blues” and “Evil Little Goat”
· Re-designed packaging

2. Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD specially designed hardbound package):
· Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: “Brother,” “Just a Girl,” “State of Love and Trust,” “Breath and a Scream,” “2,000 Mile Blues” and “Evil Little Goat”
· DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of “Oceans” with 5.1 surround sound audio remix

3. Vinyl Collection (2-LP set)
· LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl
· LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O’Brien

4. Super Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD, 4 LPs and replica cassette in linen-covered, slip-cased clamshell box):
· DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of “Oceans” with 5.1 surround sound audio remix
· LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl
· LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O’Brien
· LP 3 & 4: Drop in the Park – Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O’Brien)
· Cassette: replica of original “Momma-Son” Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring “Alive,” “Once” and “Footsteps”
· Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam’s early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2008, 03:28:31 pm »
wow....i want this

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2008, 04:47:21 pm »
I already have almost everything in that collection and I don\'t care about eddies notebook. The unplugged show is cool, especially since they did a full rehearsal set before the concert. I forget the reason, but all of the gear was rented for that show. Awesome concert. I\'m pretty sure I have the drop in the park show also on video. Is that the free show in the city park in seattle?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2009, 11:14:11 am »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2009, 02:58:34 pm »
After re-reading the description, I don\'t think that I\'m buying the super-deluxe version.  I\'ll drop the coin for it, but I don\'t have a turn-table or won\'t buy one just to listen to the Drop In The Park show.  If someone would post a link to that show, I\'d love to hear it...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #252 on: March 19, 2009, 01:10:32 pm »
in case anyone missed this in the random video thread.. i think it\'s brilliant:

http://i103.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid103.photobucket.com/albums/m136/Superfro33/POS-WhyGo.flv">

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #253 on: April 08, 2009, 02:02:32 pm »
https://www.pearljam.com/news/ed-vedder-tour-announcement-presale-info

Ed Vedder Tour Announcement + Presale Info

Ed Vedder is heading out on another solo run which will kick off on June 8 in Albany, NY and end on July 2nd in Honolulu, HI.
The great New Zealand singer-songwriter - Liam Finn - will open these shows.

Ed Vedder Solo Tour Dates:
* Indicates unconfirmed, possible "rollover" dates.
** No kama\'aina discount

Jun 8 - Albany, NY - Palace Theatre
Jun 9* - Albany, NY - Palace Theatre
Jun 11 - Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theatre
Jun 12 - Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theatre
Jun 14 - Baltimore, MD - Lyric Opera House
Jun 15 - Baltimore, MD - Lyric Opera House
Jun 18 - Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium
Jun 20 - Memphis, TN - Orpheum
Jun 21* - Memphis, TN - Orpheum
Jun 23 - Atlanta, GA - Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
Jun 24* - Atlanta, GA - Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
Jun 29** - Maui, HI - Arts & Cultural Ctr - Castle Theatre
Jul 1** - Honolulu, HI - Hawaii Theatre Ctr
Jul 2** - Honolulu, HI - Hawaii Theatre Ctr

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #254 on: April 08, 2009, 02:07:02 pm »
just went into buy albany tickets, and it\'s $162.00 for a pair.

sorry eddie, i have to draw the line somewhere. :mad: