Author Topic: Gathering of the Vibes 2009 - July 23-26  (Read 16143 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Gathering of the Vibes 2009 - July 23-26
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2009, 02:43:19 pm »
Quote from: jking;237075
what gets me, is that the promoters keep saying that no one called their hotline, so its not their fault anything happened. ummm, if i\'m in a store and it gets robbed, don\'t blame me for not patting the robber down! i mean, don\'t you pay for fucking security with your ticket purchase?!

although i will say this, the institution of a hotline isn\'t a bad idea once it catches on and becomes the norm. but you can\'t rely on it when its never been tried anywhere else before. if its something folks are accustomed to having, sure, but on its trial run???

Philly mob had security in their pockets. Epic amounts of tanks sat in the same tents all weekend. I think Ken Hayes decided to avoid inevitable riot / violence and just let it be.

Besides 10 SEC employees don\'t stand a chance against south philly. Pretty sure one murder was enough for the weekend...

Quote from: Klout;237077
Quote from: bdfreetuna;237066

It\'s not an "lol" situation to me.

you don\'t find Eddie\'s warped half ass idea of lot justice and the situation funny? I do. Lulz.

Besides if you have the balls to blow off a tank at a fest then you should have the balls to punch that old geezer in the face and escape if he tries to fuck with you. Or have someone watching your back if your too weak to defend yourself from a 65 year old drugged out loser.

A 65 year old drugged out loser with probable CIA connections and a nationwide gang of dope head thugs behind him...

I\'d punch the geezer in the face but I wouldn\'t stick around for more than 5 minutes afterwards.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 02:43:19 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2009, 02:43:21 pm »
exactly how many scumbags are in the nit mafia?

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2009, 02:46:13 pm »
oh, i\'m sure. and i\'m sure that the promoters are now just trying to cover their asses legally. but still, to blame the problems on paying customers not calling a hotline??? that\'s just bullshit. they can either pay me to be security or take my money and provide said security. it boggles my mind that folks would try to use that kind of justification for anything!

if the host of a party lets people drink, then the drunk person leaves and has an accident, the host is to blame, not the other party-goers.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2009, 02:48:04 pm »
yea thats what I said punch him and escape.  He would probably try to retaliate but if he is trying to drag you off to a discrete beat down location your not going to just let him do it because your scared of his crew and connections. you pop him and jet!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2009, 02:54:38 pm »
Quote from: jking;237086
oh, i\'m sure. and i\'m sure that the promoters are now just trying to cover their asses legally. but still, to blame the problems on paying customers not calling a hotline??? that\'s just bullshit. they can either pay me to be security or take my money and provide said security. it boggles my mind that folks would try to use that kind of justification for anything!

if the host of a party lets people drink, then the drunk person leaves and has an accident, the host is to blame, not the other party-goers.

bingo
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2009, 03:01:53 pm »
Okay Klout, you go ahead and fuck with Feddie. One person vs. a mob of a few dozen with baseball bats. Good luck with that.

I don\'t go to shows or festivals for the violence anyway.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2009, 05:04:54 pm »
Are there any internet photos available for these scum?  Curious.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2009, 05:42:57 pm »

;)

http://www.youtube.com/v/LWd706R3IfU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/LWd706R3IfU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2009, 06:11:44 pm »

This was taken by one of the members of the wrecking crew mob. Oh I mean "GDF". They edited out the part where tanks were thrown through the windows of the vehicle, the tires were all slashed, and the guy who claimed to not even be a part of it was given a beating.

Propaganda. GDF loves you. More like GDF loves your money just as much as Philly gas mafia does.

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2009, 06:18:10 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19;237070
Quote from: bdfreetuna;237066
Quote from: Klout;237061
was fast eddy smashing out windows and issuing beat downs as an act of open war by GDF against NM?

lol

Fuck Feddie/Wrecking Crew/GDF. You can thank them for lowering the industry standard to about 40 micrograms. I\'d rather give my money to independent nitrous workers trying to pay a mortgage than these poser "hippie" gangsters. Who is making more money improperly... some nice guy who brought balloons around 5 for 20 and used a silencer the whole weekend... or west coast GDF stretching L to unheard of levels and using the excuse that it\'s all gotta get laid out west to keep it proper.

Philly Nitrous Mafia and punks who call themselves "GDF" are nothing but rival scum. Wrecking Crew knew they didn\'t have a chance steppin to Philly Crew so they picked on the little guy instead. I can\'t decide if Wrecking Crew or Philly gas mob are bigger scumbags.

Bob Weir would not approve.

It\'s not an "lol" situation to me. The guy Feddie wrecked wasn\'t even Philly mob. He was probably the most discreet and genuinely nice independent nitrous worker at the festival. If Wrecking Crew had any balls or true morals they would have done something about the wide open dozens of constant tanks, violence, and zombified aggro scene on nitrous alley.

They pretend to be so righteous, when all they care about is keeping people\'s money in their pockets for their own stretched out half bunk doses.

does this sound like a different language to anybody else also?

hehehe... the festival scene used to be sooo nice... but this is why I stay away from the big festies.  Seems to always be something these days.  I can never once remember locking up my stuff and I never had anything go missing through the 90\'s and early 00\'s, well maybe some paper towels.  Now it\'s nothin but small, good festivals like Podunk, Backwoodspondfest, Cabinfest (though I\'ve never been, it looks like fun), Family Jams, and some others for me.  I just don\'t want to deal with the big crowds anymore (except Phish festies... those are worth it to mefor the music).  It\'s too bad I miss some phenomenal music but thankfully the smaller shows around here keep me well satisfied.  Again, thanks Breakfast!!  I do remember Clifford Ball when we pulled in the guys across from us had a tank set up, but they kept it clean and we got free balloons all weekend, though I figured I better not, I\'m not gonna say our camp didn\'t take \'em up on it.  It\'s too bad it\'s come to this, but, I guess we all saw it coming.  I do love a good Shakedown, it\'s a fun place to be but now it\'s getting carried away.  One thing that blew my mind was Yonder Mtn. String Band at the Klein in B-port.  We pulled in to park and noticed a tent hissin\' away right behind us in the parking lot.  Just thought it was weird.  The cops didn\'t seem to care until the end of the night when they were trying to clear the lot.  They broke it up, everybody left, nobody cleaned up, obviously they were in a rush.  I gotta say it looked like a bomb went off where the tent was... broken beer bottles all over, balloons all over the place, and every other form of trash strewn about.  Alot different than goin\' to see B.B. at the Klein.  Unfortunately its gotta reflect on the band... maybe that\'s why they come through once a year.  I don\'t blame \'em.  Anyway, that\'s my rant, and I\'m stickin\' to it!  Peace... enjoy the music!!
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2009, 08:11:43 pm »
From what I\'ve read about the dead guy at the festival, it has been pretty clear that there was NO foul play involved, and they\'re still looking at all the facts before making an official statement...

So I\'m wondering which source has said that this death happened because of the "nitrous mafia?!"
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2009, 09:13:21 pm »
lol at that video.  what a bunch of fags. dont bring gas to ooooour party! ahhahaha.

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2009, 09:27:39 pm »
I gotta say, my only beef with nitrous is the sheer amount of garbage left over that nobody picks up.  It\'s bad enough to see a venue\'s floor littered with drink cups/bottles after a show; but to see parking lots &/or fields covered in empty balloons is just disgusting.  Other than that, I could care less if wooks wanna go overboard and kill brain cells via vitamin B12 depletion.
♥♫∞

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2009, 01:12:33 am »
Quote from: Klout;237126
what a bunch of fags.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage