Author Topic: The show HEROES on NBC... holy moly!  (Read 13303 times)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
The show HEROES on NBC... holy moly!
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2007, 09:47:29 am »
Quote from: derickw;137727
i\'ll tell you what happened.... the guy didn\'t die and house is a drug addict.... period..... seasons over

rotfl -- that\'s so true, but i still love the show! :lol:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2007, 02:00:02 am »
As we were biking around Huntington Beach/Newport Beach yesterday afternoon, someone in my party said the guy who plays the politician on the show passed us by on the PCH bike trail.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2007, 10:53:29 am »
Has anybody else caught the last weeks of this show :wah: just awesome. i guess this is the end of the series to......
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2007, 12:46:20 pm »
Quote from: derickw;144002
Has anybody else caught the last weeks of this show :wah: just awesome. i guess this is the end of the series to......

What do you mean by the end of the series ?

I have been watching religiously. Best show on TV hands down. last night was great. Lots of unexpected twists and the whole time travel thing is always a great mind screw.

Peter was badass
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2007, 12:49:56 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;144020

while i still haven\'t started watching this show, i\'m certainly under the impression from the commercials that it\'s going to be a single-season show.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2007, 01:54:57 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;144021

while i still haven\'t started watching this show, i\'m certainly under the impression from the commercials that it\'s going to be a single-season show.

yup, a couple more episodes and it\'s done.

I have been watching religiously. Best show on TV hands down. last night was great. Lots of unexpected twists and the whole time travel thing is always a great mind screw.

Peter was badass

and the Sylar twist is pretty cool, i\'m hoping they show Peter and Sylar fighting. it\'s a great show i\'m kind of torn weather i would want it to continue but i think they are doing the right thing by ending it while its real good and not dragging a simple story line out.

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2007, 01:59:16 pm »
You guys are both wrong

"TIM KRING - "Do you know where you\'re going?" and "Do you know the ending?" are two very different questions. I know where we\'re going in great detail for the first half of one season. We have a real sense of where we want these stories to be by the end of season one. We have a broad sense of where we\'ll go in season two. I have some ideas about farther down the road, but I\'m pretty superstitious about that.

As to needing an ending — Unlike LOST, we have not set up a central dilemma that has to be solved, therefore concluding a larger quest. There is no island to get off of on HEROES. Instead, it\'s a show about characters dealing with extraordinary things happening to them. That is the central premise. So my sense is that if one can assume that dealing with their extraordinary abilities is something that these characters will always face, then their stories can bend and morph and evolve forever."

I think you are confused by the fact that they have stated that they are going to try to wrap up this Story Line. But the show is definitely multi season bound
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2007, 03:39:30 pm »
ahh thanks for the clarification..... but isn\'t the plot or storyline of the show now to stop the atomic bomb from going off.......

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2007, 04:19:09 pm »
Quote from: derickw;144055
ahh thanks for the clarification..... but isn\'t the plot or storyline of the show now to stop the atomic bomb from going off.......

Yes the season 1 story line is to save the world. last night eppy shows us what that means tho. Saving the Special people from genocide / extinction.

The atomic Bomb is really a person tho. From last night they have lead us to believe that Sylar was the bomb but that really it was Peter but they blamed it on Sylar to protect Nathan Petrelli\'s election bid / run for prez.

This show is really fun.

Do you guys read the online comics ? They have A LOT of info not int he actual episodes.

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/novels_library.shtml

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2007, 05:04:45 pm »
Last night\'s episode was great!
I loved the whole future angle really reminded me of Days of Future Past (The Uncanny X-Men issues 141-142).
This series has so much potential it\'s silly.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2007, 02:06:28 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;144038
You guys are both wrong

"TIM KRING - "Do you know where you\'re going?" and "Do you know the ending?" are two very different questions. I know where we\'re going in great detail for the first half of one season. We have a real sense of where we want these stories to be by the end of season one. We have a broad sense of where we\'ll go in season two. I have some ideas about farther down the road, but I\'m pretty superstitious about that.

As to needing an ending — Unlike LOST, we have not set up a central dilemma that has to be solved, therefore concluding a larger quest. There is no island to get off of on HEROES. Instead, it\'s a show about characters dealing with extraordinary things happening to them. That is the central premise. So my sense is that if one can assume that dealing with their extraordinary abilities is something that these characters will always face, then their stories can bend and morph and evolve forever."

I think you are confused by the fact that they have stated that they are going to try to wrap up this Story Line. But the show is definitely multi season bound

This is REALLY good news, I was certainly begining to think it was gonna be a one season show, which would suck cause this show is GREAT!!!  The future episode was unreal, the Sylar twist def caught me off guard.  Can\'t beleive there\'s only 2 episodes left.  Cant\' wait for Monday.

Quote from: kindm\'s;144062

Do you guys read the online comics ? They have A LOT of info not int he actual episodes.

Haven\'t had the chance to read the online comics, do you have any idea if they will release a graphic novel of them?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:06:28 am by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2007, 10:40:50 am »
Quote from: Me!;144977
Quote from: kindm\'s;144038
You guys are both wrong

This is REALLY good news, I was certainly begining to think it was gonna be a one season show, which would suck cause this show is GREAT!!!  The future episode was unreal, the Sylar twist def caught me off guard.  Can\'t beleive there\'s only 2 episodes left.  Cant\' wait for Monday.

Quote from: kindm\'s;144062

Haven\'t had the chance to read the online comics, do you have any idea if they will release a graphic novel of them?

No idea about the Graphic Novel. I guess if you had a nice color printer then they already have. The issues are downloadable PDF\'s done in a very high resolution. You can save them to your hard drive to read later if you want to . Thats what we did. we usually try to read them beofre the Monday show.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2007, 11:21:46 am »
nice i\'m gonna have to check those out before next week

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2007, 01:04:35 am »
just got home from work, so excited to watch tonight\'s episode.  Only ONE left.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2007, 10:34:04 am »
Great stuff last night.

Wasn\'t expecting a lot of the things that happened.

bummed there is only 1 eppy left this season