Author Topic: 4 Years Ago Today....Where Where You?  (Read 2342 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
4 Years Ago Today....Where Where You?
« on: September 11, 2005, 12:04:03 pm »
I was in Aruba with friends.  We were scheduled to leave on 9/11/2001.  As we were all packed and eating our last breakfast at the hotel, we heard the news.  We quickly realized that there was no way we were getting off the island that day....  We watched the news from about 10am through the rest of the night in complete surreal awed disbelief.....  We ended up getting on the first plane off the island heading to Laguardia on 9/18/2001....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 12:10:12 pm »
Driving to work at the meadows when first hit, pulled into the lot just after second. Heard it all live on npr. :(
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 12:10:13 pm »
i woke up for class and turned on the tv. saw peter jennings and watched the 2nd plane hit live. was kind of in shock, and left for school and listened to what was going on on the radio on the way there. when i got to class, it seemed like no one had known what was going on.. i just sat there, still and silent the whole time.. i just remember having the worst feeling about our country being taken over or something.. it wasn\'t easy to sleep for the next couple of weeks..

GoldnRd

• http://db.etree.org/GoldnRd
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 12:14:26 pm »
trying to get some folks on the phone....that sucked

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 12:33:40 pm »
I was living in Westport, Massachusetts in a house on the beach. I woke up that morning to an unbelievable day. I got into my car and heading to school with a 10 minute drive ahead of me. When I arrived at school, I took a stroll through the comuter cafe, as it was common to do, to see who was at school or hanging out. The giant screen TV\'s and everything where on and everyone was glued to the TV. I watched as the 2nd plane hit the other tower and then shortly later, watched it colapse. I went to my class that was canceled almost immediately. The school was shut down and they sent us home. The lot trying to leave school took an hour to leave the campus. Not really knowing the full extent of the tradegy that just occured. A few of us grabbed some beer and headed to my place. What we found out later that evening was that our neighbor and CT native was a stewardess on Flight 11. She was from Guilford.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Donbean

• http://www.reggaetraders.com
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 12:56:20 pm »
I was working myself and saw things on tv. I went home early.... We lost alot of good people that day.. Including someone who I had personaly been to many GD shows with.Most memorable was Hampton 88 and many a summer tour.. IF you ever got a hologram GD sticker in later 80s it probably came from Pete... Pete and his family are missed !!!!  
Bean

http://www.petehansonandfamily.com/

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 12:59:01 pm »
Tragic.

So sad. The youngest and most innocent of anything in this world.

dawgmusic

• Are You Talking?
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 01:03:03 pm »
i was working.  at NY downtown hospital.  4 blocks away.  i was trapped in a store when the south tower fell.  i came home covered in soot.
After speaking with you, I\'ve realized how much dumber I\'ve become.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 01:04:26 pm »
Quote from: Donbean
I was working myself and saw things on tv. I went home early.... We lost alot of good people that day.. Including someone who I had personaly been to many GD shows with.Most memorable was Hampton 88 and many a summer tour.. IF you ever got a hologram GD sticker in later 80s it probably came from Pete... Pete and his family are missed !!!!  
Bean

http://www.petehansonandfamily.com/

man.........that\'s so rough  :(   :no:
*Gia*

Donbean

• http://www.reggaetraders.com
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 01:06:00 pm »
sorry , didnt mean to be rough my friends..... I love you all..... Bean

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 01:11:23 pm »
Quote from: Donbean
sorry , didnt mean to be rough my friends..... I love you all..... Bean

We must never forget this tragic day. As it is one that has changed our world and lives forever.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 02:46:08 pm »
also in Aruba, by this point in the day I was starting to pour whiskey down my throat at a mean pace and avoid conversations w/ the annoying americans that wanted to sit in prayer circles holding hands and singing.

I\'m glad I had a pretty good set of friends w/ me to mourn proper.

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 03:09:34 pm »
i was in high school history class when the first plane hit and a teacher came in to tell my teacher what had happened. most of the students at school didn\'t really know what was going on at that time, but by the end of the class period my whole school was in a state of hysteria. kids and teachers were running around the school crying. this was when i lived in westchester, ny and literally everyone\'s parents worked in nyc, including my dad. there was only one tv in the school that was hooked up to cable and it was in the teacher\'s lounge, so no teachers were in classrooms. i tried getting in touch with anyone in my family but cell phones in the tri-state area were all fucked up. luckily, my older sister was home from northeastern for the week and showed up at my school to get me.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2005, 03:39:37 pm »
I had just gotten out of my state-wide Graduation Qualifying Exams at my high school. I went into the orchestra room where everyone was just sitting around without their instruments in their hands. I asked what was going on, and my director just shook her head and told me to watch the TV in the music office. The second I walked in, I saw the first tower fall. I was absolutely paralyzed. My dad was on a business trip in Miami and we had no idea when he would be able to come home. One thing that I distinctly remember that night was seeing both Peter Jennings and Tom Brokaw start crying on the air.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

stabmasterarson

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2005, 03:51:40 pm »
i was in homeroom at 9:05, also like holly in westchester with a school full of kids with parents in the city. my aunt happened to work one block from the towers, she got off the subway and started walkin up the stairs when a huge cloud of soot came pouring down. she was one of the very few lucky ones who got on a train before they shut down the lines. i must say in the four years since the tragedy i have been out of state for a good amount of that time, and i have seen more nypd fdny t-shirts hats stickers "never forget" memoribilia and such than yankees mets giants jets and  rangers gear combined. and everytime i see something of the sort it still sends me back to the moment of sheer disbelief. the moments of that morning have been seared into our memories, just like our state motto "I LOVE NY"