Author Topic: 9/11/01 Where were you?  (Read 1522 times)

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
9/11/01 Where were you?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 07:11:50 pm »
I was a senior at Lyman Hall High School in WallyWorld, walking from study hall to my social psychology class.  Another student was walking down the hall and said something like, "a missle hit the World Trade Center", it wasn\'t until I got to class did I actually find out what really happened.  Got to see the second tower fall on tv.  Also that day I remember our principal banned all the classes from showing the coverage on TV at some point.  Yea that really ticked everyone off, under attack by terrorist and we can\'t even watch the news to see whats happening...
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
9/11/01 Where were you?
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 06:14:30 pm »
I was cleaning stalls at the horse farm I lived on in Vermont...
Masturbation in the MFA

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
9/11/01 Where were you?
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 10:00:16 am »
I was in a ceramics class at SCSU... My professor brought in an old radio, and we listened to the news unfold.  I started getting phone calls from many family members & close friends, telling me to come home immediately -- I laughed and said it wasn\'t a big deal.  I didn\'t realize the gravity of the situation until classes were canceled, and the college shut down.  I finally saw what all the fuss was about when I got home & turned on the news.
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

RadicalRich1138

9/11/01 Where were you?
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 11:32:09 am »
I was awoken from a really bad hangover by my mom calling me at school(Hofstra), "Put on your TV a plane just hit the world trade center!"  "It\'s 9am I don\'t have class till noon, why are you calling me?" :hangs up:

Ring, "Get up and put the TV on!"  So I get up and put the TV on just in time to see the second plane crash into the building, fucking unreal.  Wake up one of my friends sleeping on my floor, tell him what happened.  He jumps the fuck up, his Dad actually worked there, something I found out watching the second plane hit, so he jumps up and trys to get home to talk to his family to make sure his Pops is ok.  Me and my buddy went out bought 40\'s and watched the news all day, also i remember i bought the new ben folds album which also came out that day, cause it was a tuesday.  Anyway, I lived in a kind of big tower building on campus at the time, and went up to the roof and almost the entire building was there, and you could see all the smoke rising from the city with our own eyes, we were up on the roof when the second building collapsed.

My buddies Dad was ok, he was down at the bottom of the WTC getting breakfast or some shit, but the plane killed nearly everyone he worked with.  He walked across a bridge to get back to LI, and my buddy said his dad was covered in fucking ash when he showed up at home, also he didnt have a cell phone, and there was no contact until he arrived at the house.  A really moving day.

also we had classes cancelled for a week, which was awesome
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:32:09 am by RadicalRich1138 »

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
9/11/01 Where were you?
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 01:59:55 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;158113
I was on The Mass Pike driving from 495 to 84 listening to Howard Stern of all things. I listened to him the entire time glued to the radio for news.

Once I got to work we listened to howard the rest of the morning. He was outstanding that morning. Gary I think wanted to go home, and he said fine, go, your family is more important than this show, and then they stayed on the air doing live updates and whatnot for the whole morning, letting people call in, some of the best morning radio I\'ve ever heard was in that show.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

RadicalRich1138

9/11/01 Where were you?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 02:04:42 pm »
there\'s a sendspace of that morning\'s mp3 on PT